2019 4* LB Christian Harris (Texas A&M)

ellitor

20 major school offers including all but Vandy in the SEC. Other notable offers: FSU & Texas
Yet another 4* LB w/ strong interest in AU
Was at BCW & will OV AU per this VIP headline from his profile... Tigers to get official from 4-star LB
Interesting to note that AU & UAt are listed as warmer than home city LSU on his 247 page

Man. Talk about looking good on paper. He even plays Los Dansby's old position. By all means, let's give him the second interview.

I hope this doesn't mean that we aren't slipping with Trez Marshall, even if other guys are better linebackers lol. I really want to steal all the puppies' toys.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Man. Talk about looking good on paper. He even plays Los Dansby's old position. By all means, let's give him the second interview.

I hope this doesn't mean that we aren't slipping with Trez Marshall, even if other guys are better linebackers lol. I really want to steal all the puppies' toys.

I think Marshall and this guy are both very welcome lol. It might be a more realistic path than our current one with Dean.

Very pleased with this though. One 5 star Lb and two 4 stars would be awesome.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I hope this doesn't mean that we aren't slipping with Trez Marshall

No. We were on Harris before marshal showed any interest. Plus we are taking two more true LBs in the class

I really think Harris will be a good one. For someone to be projected as a LBer, he has excellent skills with the ball in the air. Lots of LBers can play the run well, but few are polished in the passing game.

2 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I really think Harris will be a good one. For someone to be projected as a LBer, he has excellent skills with the ball in the air. Lots of LBers can play the run well, but few are polished in the passing game.

Excellent point. On top of the presumed athleticism, intimate knowledge of the WR position might really give him an advantage in coverage. Or allow him to do things like this.

4 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Yeah if you don’t have a lb  that can cover these days you can have trouble with the spread offense for sure!

40 minutes ago, toddc said:

Yeah if you don’t have a lb  that can cover these days you can have trouble with the spread offense for sure!

Agreed, it's a necessity really.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Excellent point. On top of the presumed athleticism, intimate knowledge of the WR position might really give him an advantage in coverage. Or allow him to do things like this.

One of my favorite plays of all time.  The other shots of this make it look even more incredible for those who were not fortunate enough to see it.

7 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

One of my favorite plays of all time.  The other shots of this make it look even more incredible for those who were not fortunate enough to see it.

That game was miserable tho.  Outnumbered in Atlanta by Tar Heel fans and played horribly.

Also I think I got high walking back to the car wide spread panic was on concert next door and they had fires going everywhere in the parking lot making mushroom grill cheese and smoking weed.  

And unless it’s gotten a lot better the peach drop at New Years is kind of lame,  the music note drop in Nashville is much much better.  Just sayin

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That game was miserable tho.  Outnumbered in Atlanta by Tar Heel fans and played horribly.

Also I think I got high walking back to the car wide spread panic was on concert next door and they had fires going everywhere in the parking lot making mushroom grill cheese and smoking weed.  

And unless it’s gotten a lot better the peach drop at New Years is kind of lame,  the music note drop in Nashville is much much better.  Just sayin

oh my sounds like a party

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Love that play

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Wasn’t that play called a flag so it’s like it never happened? 

Interception stood but flag for either the lateral or batting the ball cant remember how the called it 

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

Interception stood but flag for either the lateral or batting the ball cant remember how the called it 

If I recall, the forward lateral was called. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, WFE12 said:

what are our chances with him?

Just now, gctiger said:

Paging the Big Yellow Bird...

I know..........46%

23 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Don't now. Not sure where he is on the board for our last 2 LB spots.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I'm glad to see that "AU" at least replaced "cloudy" from the OP. ?.

4-star ATH Christian Harris recaps LSU visit, breaks down final 4 schools

Christian Harris is planning to commit to an SEC school in December. His final four: Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Texas A&M.
Sam Spiegelman/SEC Country
Sam Spiegelman
Sam Spiegelman
 @samspiegs
Posted 1 hour ago
Louisiana’s top-ranked athlete has trimmed a lofty offer list to four.

Christian Harris, a 4-star athlete who projects as a linebacker at the next level, unveiled a final foursome of LSU, Alabama, Auburn and Texas A&M on Monday night. Each of those four schools will host the 6-foot-2, 235-pound prospect for an official visit this fall ahead of a scheduled December commitment.

“The top four is based off the relationships I have with the coaches and with me wanting to play on defense,” Harris told SEC Country. “It’s about where I fit best. With those [four] schools, I feel I could do best on defense, playing linebacker and feeling the most comfortable at.”

christian harris-lsu-lsu tigers recruiting
Four-star Louisiana ATH Christian Harris is down to LSU, Alabama, Auburn and Texas A&M, with a December commitment in mind. (Sam Spiegelman/SEC Country)
Harris noted that all four of his SEC finalists like him on defense. Alabama, Auburn and LSU view him as a true inside linebacker, while Texas A&M is courting him as a Buck or Rover on the outside.

Additionally, after visiting all four of these campuses on multiple occasions, Harris made it clear that there is no leader in the clubhouse at the moment.

“Everywhere I visited, I fell in love with,” he said. “There’s not one school that’s standing out. Everyone is pretty much even.”

Harris was on LSU’s campus on Thursday and Friday for the first time since the spring.

Harris garnered an offer from the hometown team on March 1 — as an offensive athlete. When he returned to campus this weekend, Harris enjoyed a conversation with Tigers defensive coordinator Dave Aranda about his fit on defense.

“Everybody recruiting me asked me what position I wanted to play. I used to say safety or receiver, but in talking about my size and how good I am and my athleticism, I’m probably going to get bigger and have to play inside linebacker,” Harris explained.

“It look them [LSU] a little longer to offer because they didn’t know what position I would play,” he continued. “I play so many different positions [for University Lab], so when they offered, it was on offense. When I told them I wanted to play defense, Coach Aranda told me he had always been interested in me at linebacker. He explained the defense to me and how I would fit in and do things like Devin White.”

Harris spent a lot of time with not only Aranda, but area recruiter Tommie Robinson and also coach Ed Orgeron during his LSU unofficial. He was on campus for two days, including a Friday photoshoot in the locker room.

“It was pretty,” Harris said. “I hadn’t been to LSU in a minute, so it was pretty cool to get back and to see everyone and talk to everybody.”

Harris originally planned to give a commitment prior to his senior season, but now has a new timeline in mind. Louisiana’s No. 5-ranked prospect plans to make four official visits and make a decision during the early signing period in December.

Harris has already penciled in official visits to Texas A&M on Sept. 8 and to Alabama on Oct. 12. He is slated to schedule officials to LSU and Auburn as well, and will not make any other official visits to schools outside his top four.

Here is Harris’ breakdown of each of his four finalists:

Texas A&M: I went there for a couple and met the entire staff. It was pretty cool seeing people I already knew. I felt a family vibe and that’s what I’m looking for. It was very family oriented. I had a chance to talk to a couple players, a couple coaches and it was a pretty good visit. I felt comfortable with the players and coaches because I had been there before, but this time I got to talk to people and get to know them better. They switched their entire staff under Jimbo [Fisher], and it feels like they have a championship mentality and want to turn things around.

Alabama: The relationship I have with the coaches there are really strong. They’re so successful and they take care of you in life after football. That stuck out to me. They’re recruiting me hard because they need some linebackers right now. They’re short on numbers at the inside linebacker position, so they’re recruiting me hard because they need me.

Auburn: The first time I went there, I got to sit down with [linebackers] Coach T-Will [Travis Williams] and talk to him. He’s a great guy and we have a really good relationship. I was there for the cookout and it was very non-football-related kind of stuff. You could see what kind of family vibe they have there and the things they offer outside of football. I got to sit down with some other recruits, some players and coaches, and got to talk about the defense and playing inside at linebacker early when I get there.

LSU: I’ve always been an LSU fan. I grew up 15 minutes away and I’ve had that thought — “What if I stay home?” My parents wouldn’t have to drive far for games. That’s always in the back of my mind about what it would be like to stay home. I have a good relationship with the coaches, especially Coach Robinson and Coach Orgeron as well.

AUBURN IN FINAL FOUR FOR BATON ROUGE 4-STAR

Could Auburn or another SEC West team swoop into Baton Rouge, La., and steal four-star athlete 

Christian Harris

from LSU? Harris is certainly open to the idea.

“If I end up leaving, I don’t think it would be that hard,” Harris said. “This really isn’t a problem for me. My brother went to Wake Forest. It just depends on where I feel best and who I have the best relationship with.”

And when it comes to relationships, Texas A&M and Alabama probably hold the edge with Harris right now. He’s visits both schools four to five times one the past year. Those two schools along with Auburn and LSU comprise his final four schools.

Harris, who is being recruited as a linebacker, plans to have a decision before the December signing day. He plans to go on his official visits this fall.

“Really just basing everything off where I fit best in the defense and the relationships I’ve built with the coaches during the recruiting process,” Harris said.

“My officials will tell a lot. I want to really get a chance to hang around the players and see what it’s really like on gameday and see if I fit in and see myself with those guys for three or four years.”

Harris, 6-foot-2 and 225 pounds, visited Auburn for a Junior Day in the spring and Big Cat on June 2.

“I love Auburn,” Harris said. “I really like their coaches, Coach Burns. Coach T-Will, the linebackers coach, is a really cool guy. I got a chance to sit down and talk to him more at Big Cat and really get to know him. They’re really family-oriented over there. I like that a lot.”

• 5 weeks later...

Archived