Sad News on Charles Krauthammer

Hate to hear this sad news about Charles Krauthammer. I really admire him and what he accomplished under so  much adversity. He was for sure a fair and balanced political commentator/author.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/08/fox-news-star-charles-krauthammer-reveals-has-weeks-to-live-in-heartbreaking-letter.html

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That is sad news.  Prayers for him and his family.

Glad we agree on something.

His farewell is very moving.

I disagreed with him often, particularly on the subject of the Iraq war and AGW, but I did enjoy his column as he's a good writer. May the Lord bless him and keep him in his most trying hour. 

Sad indeed. Prayers for him and his family. As others mentioned, I didn’t agree with him on a lot, but found him to be very smart and interesting to listen to.

A question, is there a reason this is in the “smack talk” section?

Wow! I didn't know that he was paralyzed or that he graduated from Harvard Medical School or that he wrote speeches for Walter Mondale (a democrat for you youngsters). He has always come across to me as intelligent and logical and concerned about the people.

13 hours ago, channonc said:

Sad indeed. Prayers for him and his family. As others mentioned, I didn’t agree with him on a lot, but found him to be very smart and interesting to listen to.

A question, is there a reason this is in the “smack talk” section?

channoc....I just put it here out of habit mostly but also because I suspected some would have negative or snide comments about him because he was a Fox  News regular. If you notice few threads are started in the regular political forum anymore because almost all threads degenerate into something besides the OP.

• 2 weeks later...

He was loved and respected by so many people. He was an inspiring example of not giving in to a very serious injury. We for sure need more like him.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/21/charles-krauthammer-conservative-commentator-and-pulitzer-prize-winner-dead-at-68.html

Krauthammer had a lot of insight. Regarding the ugliness of politics he said " Politics is history." I believe that is why I think referring back to previous administrations is not a "whatabout" but a part of history.

Archived