2019 4* Buck Derick Hall Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Guest lurtz
1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Ok.....now that’s not getting out of my head

AU Recruiting Forum aka "Nightmare Alley"

Thank goodness it wasn't a gif  <*shivers*>

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Former Arkansas coach Ken Hatfield allegedly didnt allow it either. Something in the water over there.

On 7/16/2018 at 6:20 PM, augolf1716 said:

why do you think I'm always in birds head

But never in his nest!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

To bad Derrick will be getting most of his coaching from Coach G.  Bring your ear plugs

Way back in the good ol' days, a student or staff member could just walk over and stand on the sideline and watch pre-season practices. Coach Jordan was a gentleman. I stood within six feet of him on many occasions and never heard anything stronger than "damn!" However, OL Coach Gene Lorendo could come up with the most foul and innovative swearing I've ever heard. His own son was an OL starter. The boy missed a block once and Coach Lorendo yelled at him "The best part of you ran down your mother's leg". Gene Lorendo was scary!

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Way back in the good ol' days, a student or staff member could just walk over and stand on the sideline and watch pre-season practices. Coach Jordan was a gentleman. I stood within six feet of him on many occasions and never heard anything stronger than "damn!" However, OL Coach Gene Lorendo could come up with the most foul and innovative swearing I've ever heard. His own son was an OL starter. The boy missed a block once and Coach Lorendo yelled at him "The best part of you ran down your mother's leg". Gene Lorendo was scary!

A variation from my high school coach, to a LB/RB: "Your daddy should've shot you in the sheets." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, corchjay said:

To bad Derrick will be getting most of his coaching from Coach G.  Bring your ear plugs

Could have sworn Coach Steele coaches the Bucks.

From Keith

LB Derick Hall will be at FSU today... AU leads, followed by MSU ... FSU probably is third. Still expect him to make a decision in August.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

For what it’s worth a couple of days ago one of the Ole Miss writers CB’d Hall to us.

Lets hope that's right!

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

For what it’s worth a couple of days ago one of the Ole Miss writers CB’d Hall to us.

Well it wasn't ideal but it was better that he visited FSU instead of Miss St over the weekend.

Updated time frame & where AU stands is highlighted in orange. FSU sounds like a legit threat though.

FSU impresses LB Derick Hall, immediately jumping into the mix

By Chris Nee

TALLAHASSEE -- Gulfport (Miss.) four-star outside linebacker/weak-side defensive end Derick Hall made his first-ever visit to Florida State on Saturday. Needless to say, it made an impression.

"It was great," Hall said. "I really didn't know what to expect. I've never been here, my first time being here, so I really didn't know what to expect about FSU but the people here are great. [Head] Coach [Willie] Taggart, and the coaching he is about to bring here is amazing. [Linebackers] Coach [Raymond] Woodie, they are great guys, high character guys. So FSU is a great place."

"I really didn't know what to expect, but it is great," Hall reiterated. "The people are great. The connections that we have with me and Coach Taggart."

Hall didn't arrive at the camp expecting to participate in Saturday Night Live. By 5 p.m., he was on the field in Doak S. Campbell Stadium working out alongside Woodie and his fellow linebackers.

"I got here and liked what I had seen, so I just worked out," Hall said.

"The camp was great," Hall added. "The way Coach Woodie coaches, he is a very interactive, a very energetic guy. He loves what he does. So just learning from him, learning from all the other coaches was great."

Woodie has pegged Hall as a major target to help rectify FSU's lack of dependable depth and talent at the linebacker spot.

"He used to blow me up, just blow me up, call me, call me, call me," Hall said. "He is a great guy. We are building a great relationship. He is energetic after watching him coach today. He loves what he does. He is definitely a linebacker guy. He is just an overall great person."

The message from Woodie was the same as the one he heard from Taggart.

"Just coming in and playing early," Hall said. "They are telling me I can come in and play early. Just being one of those effective guys here at Florida State.

"That is what he was telling me today in the film session," Hall added about Woodie. "He is telling me I can come in and compete for a starting job right away."

FSU is interested in Hall for the 'Will' linebacker position.

Hall circled back on what helped FSU to make a strong impression on him and his family during their visit.

"It is just their tradition. I never knew too much history about them before today and the campus tour and everything," Hall said. "Overall it is just great."

At the start of July, a commitment to Auburn looked to be on the verge of happening. But as of Saturday night, the 6-foot-4, 217-pound defender admits he doesn't know where he wants to go.

"No, I don't," Hall said. "I am still looking to find a place I can call home."

A decision date is not locked in at this time.

"Not as of right now. It could still possibly go before the season. FSU is my last [summer] visit. This is one I wanted to get on before I made a decision," Hall said. "So it could possibly still happen. ... But me and my family are just going to take our time and work through it."

Is FSU now in the discussion as a potential destination?

"Oh yeah, definitely," Hall said.

In fact, he is already making plans to return to Tallahassee for a second visit.

"I am going to take some officials during the season and this is going to be one of them," Hall said. "I am trying to get back for V-Tech on Labor Day."

Auburn and Louisville are other official visit destinations that are locked in. Mississippi State and Ole Miss are among the other schools in the mix.

The Tigers, who Hall stated remain his leader, claim 70% of predictions on the 247Sports.com Crystal Ball.

Hall is ranked No. 191 overall and as the No. 14 weak-side defensive end in the 2019 class by the 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

• Like 1

If we get him a couple more LB's the DB's that seem to be leaning to us (2 to 3) and maybe one more true DT and we will have hit a home run on D side of the ball. I believe it is doable.  Then we need a really good RB and another very good O-Lineman preferably a tackle but a stud guard/center and we will have had a great class.  I think the tough part will be the O-Lineman.  I realize that would give us 21 or 22. But it would be a great nucleus and we would have hit all of our needs except a stud OT.

Despite some of the bad news lately we still potentially have a great class. We just need to finish up strong and keep the ones we have.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we get him a couple more LB's the DB's that seem to be leaning to us (2 to 3) and maybe one more true DT and we will have hit a home run on D side of the ball. I believe it is doable.  Then we need a really good RB and another very good O-Lineman preferably a tackle but a stud guard/center and we will have had a great class.  I think the tough part will be the O-Lineman.  I realize that would give us 21 or 22. But it would be a great nucleus and we would have hit all of our needs except a stud OT.

Despite some of the bad news lately we still potentially have a great class. We just need to finish up strong and keep the ones we have.

Agree.  I think it will be hard to get a RB and OT at this time that we are wanting.  If we can't get our top targets to flip then I would almost rather hammer on 2020 prospects instead of signing 3rd tier guys just to sign them.

• Like 4

On 7/31/2018 at 2:07 PM, ellitor said:

Always excited to hear Keith is in our corner. Derick would be a big get and it’s hard to believe he only has two pages. I think that’ll explode if we get a boom from him!

• 2 weeks later...

These kids that don’t do all the drama and hoopla just don’t get as many pages.  I like what it says about the kid, but Recruiting junkies don’t have as much to say about him.  

Put me down in the Hall corner.  I’m a big fan.  

E88BB895-2726-4A3D-B044-923365864C76.jpeg

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this thread.

Hope we land this kid.

He seems to like us.

Our Mississippi recruiting has been awesome.

bump.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Bumping this thread.

Hope we land this kid.

He seems to like us.

Our Mississippi recruiting has been awesome.

Nothing new here. We still lead but a commit date hasn't been set yet.

• Thanks 1