2019 4* Buck Derick Hall Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Maybe after we put a beat down on MSU & ole siss, he will commit!

• Like 1

Surely Auburn on national TV and taking care of business has to help.  

Just look how our LBs played, good golly, why would you choose State over AU?   I know I am biased, but come on...

22 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Surely Auburn on national TV and taking care of business has to help.  

Just look how our LBs played, good golly, why would you choose State over AU?   I know I am biased, but come on...

New coaching staff, chance to be part of something special, little depth at position, free shoes, free seafood at Publix, cover ups, blah, blah, blah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hopsing said:

New coaching staff, chance to be part of something special, little depth at position, free shoes, free seafood at Publix, cover ups, blah, blah, blah!

Just announced a new football only facility.

12 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Per tweet to DeLoach, he's visiting FSU today for the VT game.

Per Clayton, he saw an inept football team get smothered in all facets.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, AUDevil said:

That went well lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Just announced a new football only facility.

MUST BE NICE THRJEIDUJDJDUEODKJE ??

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

That went well lol

Wouldn’t want to be part of that re-build! 

29 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Wouldn’t want to be part of that re-build! 

WillieTag.jpg

For a major program like FSU he did not come in with a very promising record. Likely would have a worse record if he stayed at USF after Flowers, their stud QB, graduated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually the visit apparently did per a 247 headline today.

I'm surprised, I've never been impressed by that stadium or its crowd.

Regardless, at least he's visiting us on the 14th!

20 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Wants to be an engineer... where is there a decision to be made??

This should make it easier for him to choose Auburn. None of the Mississippi schools are on par with Auburn's engineering programs.

21 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Wants to be an engineer... where is there a decision to be made??

On 9/3/2018 at 11:38 AM, AUDevil said:

after FSU's debacle in that game,  I would think we are looking better and better!  FSU is in for rough season. I would not be surprised to see a 6-6 type season.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Samau said:

Think FSU poor showing will help us with Hall and Putnam 

One poor game or one poor season usually doesn't make any difference. That's unless there are strong rumors of the coaching staff being fired or the staff actually getting fired.

3 hours ago, Samau said:

Think FSU poor showing will help us with Hall and Putnam 

The whole reason that W. Morris is at UT and not Auburn is that they need him more, or at least that they sold him on that idea. First season coaches can point to the mistakes on the field and say, "See that guy? He's not my guy. He's the last guy's guy. You're my guy. And his job is yours day 1 if you sign here."

It's usually a little less true for OLs because they don't tend to see the field as quickly as DLs, but Putnam is elite- like Morris- so they could both be susceptible to that pitch. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

One poor game or one poor season usually doesn't make any difference. That's unless there are strong rumors of the coaching staff being fired or the staff actually getting fired.

Well unless FSU get significantly better they will lose a lot of games this year.  It will not take long for their coach to get on the hot seat. Can’t hurt us with either player if that happens.

45 minutes ago, Samau said:

Well unless FSU get significantly better they will lose a lot of games this year.  It will not take long for their coach to get on the hot seat. Can’t hurt us with either player if that happens.

45 minutes ago, Samau said:

I agree. I think FSU is in for a long season and one that will have some recruits seriously thinking about going elsewhere.

10 hours ago, Samau said:

See @McLoofus‘s  post right above yours. He gets it. First year coaches usually have about a three year grace period. If FSU struggles this year it will likely not have a negative affect on recruiting for this class. This has been proven time and again in college football throughout the years that average to sub par seasons don’t affect recruiting  in the current class without an accompanying major coaching change.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

See @McLoofus‘s  post right above yours. He gets it. First year coaches usually have about a three year grace period. If FSU struggles this year it will likely not have a negative affect on recruiting for this class. This has been proven time and again in college football throughout the years that average to sub par seasons don’t affect recruiting  in the current class without an accompanying major coaching change.

I think it's an easy sale.

young man, were not very  good right now. actually, we are pretty bad.

but

We are going to get better and our future starts with you. You're going to be the beginning of a dynasty. You will be the first one of my players in the NFL. You will start as a freshman and never look back. Tennessee (or fill in the blank) football starts with you. I need you, I want you, we have to have you.

come here and play or go there and sit the bench for a while. I think that's an easy decision don't you

I would buy what they are selling

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Disagree, I have been following recruiting for over 40 years. If a coach and team are struggling hot seat rumors get started and it does have an impact even if the coach does not get fired.

Edited by Samau

56 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I think it's an easy sale.

young man, were not very  good right now. actually, we are pretty bad.

but

We are going to get better and our future starts with you. You're going to be the beginning of a dynasty. You will be the first one of my players in the NFL. You will start as a freshman and never look back. Tennessee (or fill in the blank) football starts with you. I need you, I want you, we have to have you.

come here and play or go there and sit the bench for a while. I think that's an easy decision don't you

I would buy what they are selling

"Hey Derick, you know half the fan base is already calling for the staff to be fired...it's all over Twitter and Facebook. Check it out, they're not happy at the lack of preparation and sloppy play.  Heck, they want Jimbo back.  He might build something, but that's a mighty, mighty big IF...it's a huge gamble that he even gets enough time to do that.  However, you can help me build something greater right here, right now at Auburn."

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1