2019 4* Buck Derick Hall Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This one would be a great pickup for us. I really hope we can hang on to this lead.

If he's really focused on education, and he implies momma is, then I don't see Miss State winning out when it comes to Engineering. Florida has a good engineering school from my understanding, UCF's is better Go Knights, but he didn't say that he felt the family vibe there (though he didn't say it wasn't like a family either). War Eagle I agree I hope we keep the pressure on!

Just finished his official visit at Mississippi State. Maybe now he can move on the process and commit to us! I feel like this forum needs a commitment to get excited about. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Just finished his official visit at Mississippi State. Maybe now he can move on the process and commit to us! I feel like this forum needs a commitment to get excited about. 

We are holding off kinda, feeling out some other players who. Need some bigger guys who could grow to the SDE and DT. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We are holding off kinda, feeling out some other players who. Need some bigger guys who could grow to the SDE and DT. 

I thought we already had Gordon and handy as the DTs in the class and Wooden looks like he can grow into an SDE.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I thought we already had Gordon and handy as the DTs in the class and Wooden looks like he can grow into an SDE.

CGR and Steele want a couple more. Working overtime on flipping Fann from FSU. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

CGR and Steele want a couple more. Working overtime on flipping Fann from FSU. 

Cooled on Ladarrius Cox?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Cooled on Ladarrius Cox?

Well? Cox has been less than stellar this year. A project on the SEC level. Think we are looking at guys who have a bigger upside. Also fau is right for the poaching. Fann is a great player. Win win. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Well? Cox has been less than stellar this year. A project on the SEC level. Think we are looking at guys who have a bigger upside. Also fau is right for the poaching. Fann is a great player. Win win. 

Didn't know LC was struggling. A Rivals analyst raved about him after the game McGill had against a Louisiana team.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We will be set at buck with wild Kat, but Jibunor has been extremely impressive. If Coe stays he will take the other end.

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We will be set at buck with wild Kat, but Jibunor has been extremely impressive. If Coe stays he will take the other end.

I hope we take Hall. Keith thinks he's a stud & he's been right on evals more times than not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I hope we take Hall. Keith thinks he's a stud & he's been right on evals more times than not.

I love Hall but worry if he can add the needed weight and learn the techniques he will need in the SEC.  So you're looking at a contributor 2 years after coming to campus.  Have to remember as well that OP from linebacker, Peters, Sherwood, Smoke all seem to have very good rush skills in blitz packages.  We are getting the skill on the back end we've always missed and seems RG and Coach Steele are looking to continue to want to improve run stopping ability overall from the front plus we want interior pass rushers as well.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Coe's just a soph.

Coe is a redshirt sophomore. Since he is 3 years out of high school, that makes him eligible to declare for the NFL draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I think we still end up with Hall in this class.  

I'd hate it if we missed on Hall. The guy is tall, fast and seems to have his head screwed on properly. It's not much of a program if you don't make room for a guy like Hall. He'll help us win some games.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'd hate it if we missed on Hall. The guy is tall, fast and seems to have his head screwed on properly. It's not much of a program if you don't make room for a guy like Hall. He'll help us win some games.

Look at it this way, can't take everyone. Have to address needs. Not saying we won't take Hall but we need some guys who can play on the inside more than a buck. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Look at it this way, can't take everyone. Have to address needs. Not saying we won't take Hall but we need some guys who can play on the inside more than a buck. 

Fair & valid points with Donty & A-Will gone  & Derrick Brown likely gone too. Plus Marlon likely gone as a SDE & maybe Coe too. We need to take 4-5 combined at those positions.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Derrick Brown likely gone too. Plus Marlon likely gone as a SDE & maybe Coe too. We need to take 4-5 combined at those positions.

I know I'm being selfish but man do I want the non-seniors to stick around... That would be a lot of losses on the front line coupled with our LB group graduating as well. I'm in the same boat that I'd like to take Hall as well. He could be a real solid pass rusher for us off the edge. Depending on who leaves we might have more needs than spots.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I know I'm being selfish but man do I want the non-seniors to stick around... That would be a lot of losses on the front line coupled with our LB group graduating as well. I'm in the same boat that I'd like to take Hall as well. He could be a real solid pass rusher for us off the edge. Depending on who leaves we might have more needs than spots.

This is my biggest problem with Gus - this year we’re rebuilding the OL and next year we’ll be rebuilding the DL. We should be reloading after 5 years into Malzahn’s tenure, not rebuilding. There seems to always be at least position group that is holding us back from winning a National Championship. 

Now, if Coe, Davidson, & Stidham return next year (Derrick Brown is a lock to leave early at this point) then I think we can compete for a National Championship - especially with playing UAT & UGA at home. But if those guys bolt early, then we taken another step back.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This is my biggest problem with Gus - this year we’re rebuilding the OL and next year we’ll be rebuilding the DL. We should be reloading after 5 years into Malzahn’s tenure, not rebuilding. There seems to always be at least position group that is holding us back from winning a National Championship. 

Now, if Coe, Davidson, & Stidham return next year (Derrick Brown is a lock to leave early at this point) then I think we can compete for a National Championship - especially with playing UAT & UGA at home. But if those guys bolt early, then we taken another step back.

I personal opinion & hope is that Coe learns from last year and doesn't try to jump ship after just 1 year of starting.  Stidham is gone.  Marlon is gone.  Brown is definitely gone.

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I personal opinion & hope is that Coe learns from last year and doesn't try to jump ship after just 1 year of starting.  Stidham is gone.  Marlon is gone.  Brown is definitely gone.

Not sure Coe is the tweener size wise Holland was. That's why Holland wasn't drafted. Also projected at different positions. I think Coe could have a great combine & get drafted pretty high.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

You could be right on the DL rebuilding instead of reloading but I'm not sure it's a given yet. Depends how the other schollied DL develop.

8 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

If we are rebuilding the DL next year it is because we did such a good job recruiting a lot of players will be going to the next level. Even so because the DL rotates so much the ones we rebuild with next year will already have SEC experience as backups who have played.  As for the O-Line being a lot better with years experience I am going to have to wait and see if I see the current players improving over next few games.  We are getting to the point where we can't use the excuse they haven't had enough experience.  Especially the two guards. I keep hearing the guards are banged up. If that is the case before the So Miss game we thought it would be an easy game why not start some backups to allow the starters to heal. It is hard for me to believe as bad as Horton played that any replacement would not have been better. I know Horton is better than what we have seen as he played much better last year.

14 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We have nine slots left. That's plenty for Hall, a couple of interior D-line guys, a couple of O-line guys, a LB and a RB and that still leaves two slots for surprises.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

We have nine slots left. That's plenty for Hall, a couple of interior D-line guys, a couple of O-line guys, a LB and a RB and that still leaves two slots for surprises.

It depends how those spots are filled. The max for those spots would be 1 RB, 1 WR, 3 OL, 2 LB, 1 DB. That would leave 1 spot for DH or an interior DL. Now if we don't get Haselwood & decide not to take another DB then there would be room for your scenario.