2019 4* Buck Derick Hall Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

It depends how those spots are filled. The max for those spots would be 1 RB, 1 WR, 3 OL, 2 LB, 1 DB. That would leave 1 spot for DH or an interior DL. Now if we don't get Haselwood & decide not to take another DB then there would be room for your scenario.

I don't see even wanting a sixth DB unless some super-star (say Booth) falls from the heavens. That's not likely. I can see saving a slot for some transfer and if Haselwood becomes available, use it there. Truthfully, the likelihood of an unexpected super star DB or WR just showing up on our doorstep is pretty close to zero. While I'd like two more LB's, there's simply not much left out there unless we can flip one and that's not easy to do. We'll be lucky to get one more quality LB.

In short, there are more slots available than there are targets that we have a reasonable shot at. I think we can take Hall and most likely will still be scrapping around looking for one or two "diamond in the rough" types come February.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 7:50 AM, Mikey said:

I don't see even wanting a sixth DB unless some super-star (say Booth) falls from the heavens. That's not likely. I can see saving a slot for some transfer and if Haselwood becomes available, use it there. Truthfully, the likelihood of an unexpected super star DB or WR just showing up on our doorstep is pretty close to zero. While I'd like two more LB's, there's simply not much left out there unless we can flip one and that's not easy to do. We'll be lucky to get one more quality LB.

In short, there are more slots available than there are targets that we have a reasonable shot at. I think we can take Hall and most likely will still be scrapping around looking for one or two "diamond in the rough" types come February.

I think the slow playing of Hall has turned his off quite a bit towards AU. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

• 2 weeks later...

Despite most predictions being for AU gotta think Miss St may be the actual leader since he has gone to see them the past 3 weeks, twice at Starkville & now once on the road.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Gonna trust the staff on this one. Just hope nothing on the sidelines turns off whatever bigger fish they have their eyes on. 

I will trust the NEW staff on this one when the time comes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will trust the NEW staff on this one when the time comes.

I will trust Rotney and TWill to do the damn thing right up until they load up the UHaul and head south on College Street.

It kinda falls off after them. Porter, Woodson and Brown just don't have the tenure yet. And Kodi and Chip need to walk through a car wash to get the stink off.

I'll trust the new staff after they earn it. Which I'll be pulling for them to do. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I will trust Rotney and TWill to do the damn thing right up until they load up the UHaul and head south on College Street.

It kinda falls off after them. Porter, Woodson and Brown just don't have the tenure yet. And Kodi and Chip need to walk through a car wash to get the stink off.

I'll trust the new staff after they earn it. Which I'll be pulling for them to do. 

From the crumbs we got from WDE Gus already screwed this one up as well slow playing him. It sounded like he would be a Auburn Tiger already if we let him. Maybe I am misremembering what WDE said. But if I am not......  BRILLIANT! Gus is just the gift that keeps on giving.........

Edited by GwillMac6

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

From the crumbs we got from WDE Gus already screwed this one up as well slow playing him. BRILLIANT! He is the gift that keeps on giving.........

Oh wow. If it was Gus that screwed up the recruitment of a DL that the other guys wanted, then, well, what else is there to say. 

• Angry 1

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Gonna trust the staff on this one. Just hope nothing on the sidelines turns off whatever bigger fish they have their eyes on. 

Already have 1 potential Buck committed in Colby Wooden.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

From the crumbs we got from WDE Gus already screwed this one up as well slow playing him. It sounded like he would be a Auburn Tiger already if we let him. Maybe I am misremembering what WDE said. But if I am not......  BRILLIANT! Gus is just the gift that keeps on giving.........

Gus's stance on D recruits barring character issues is whoever Steele wants.. Gus gives him the positional numbers but Steele makes the choices after that.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gus's stance on D recruits barring character issues is whoever Steele wants.. Gus gives him the positional numbers but Steele makes the choices after that.

ehh I am pissed at Gus for completely ruining something we wait 9 months for and killing the joy and fun of it. Going to continue to blame gus. Just going to bury my head in the sand for this one.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ehh I am pissed at Gus for completely ruining something we wait 9 months for and killing the joy and fun of it. Going to continue to blame gus. Just going to bury my head in the sand for this one.

Completely understood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You must remember that WDE hates Gus and will miss no opportunity to pass along any negative rumor, be it founded in truth or not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

You must remember that WDE hates Gus and will miss no opportunity to pass along any negative rumor, be it founded in truth or not.

He may hate Gus but he just does not make up stuff either. 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He may hate Gus but he just does not make up stuff either. 

According to what ellitor said, above, if we did "slow play" Hall it would have been Steele's and/or Garner's decision, not Gus's. So there's that conflicting information for you to sort out.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

According to what ellitor said, above, if we did "slow play" Hall it would have been Steele's and/or Garner's decision, not Gus's. So there's that conflicting information for you to sort out.

nope. gonna blame the 49 million dollar man. Nothing for me to sort out. Slow playing reeks of Gustav. Seen the same song and dance before with him. Slow playing is why Jonah Williams is at bama among others.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2018 at 3:34 PM, ellitor said:

Despite most predictions being for AU gotta think Miss St may be the actual leader since he has gone to see them the past 3 weeks, twice at Starkville & now once on the road.

State is becoming a dumpster fire minus our loss to them. I see a 6-6 season or worse for them. Not sure if this has any pull for DH coming our way vs Moo State.

46 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

State is becoming a dumpster fire minus our loss to them. I see a 6-6 season or worse for them. Not sure if this has any pull for DH coming our way vs Moo State.

We’re staring a 6-6 or 7-5 season dead in the eyes so we better hope he’s not hung up on final records. 

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Lol. They aren't even close to a dumpster fire. They aren't going 6-6 barring NFG getting injured again. At worst they'll go 7-5 and easily could end up 8-4 if they beat aTm at home this week which is very double. With Moorhead being in his 1st year season record likely won't have an affect on DH unless they lose out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Lol. They aren't even close to a dumpster fire. They aren't going 6-6 barring NFG getting injured again. At worst they'll go 7-5 and easily could end up 8-4 if they beat aTm at home this week which is very double. With Moorhead being in his 1st year season record likely won't have an affect on DH unless they lose out.

Also, the Mullen experience is the exception for MSU, not the norm. That's why he got the UF job. MSU lives at 7-5, 8-4.

Croom was a dumpster fire. Now, they're right on track.  

• Like 1

I just want Hall. Add 2 RBs don’t care who, take Hall and add 2-3 OL again don’t care who at this point. We need a commitment somewhere.

I want Hall also but I trust Garner and Steele if we don't get him. I also want  at least 1 RB and I wouldn't be upset with 2. As for the 2-3 OL I don't just want bodies. Like everybody I want studs who at least can tease with potential to start in year 1 before we red shirt them but realistically those are gone so I want players who can develop into SEC starters in 2-3 years counting a red shirt year. I also want a coach who can coach them up. Next year if Grimes is still here and if current O-Line is great then kudos to him even if he is not greatest recruiter as others can help there.  That said unless we win 2-3 more games and O-Line improvement is seen  I expect that Chip will be gone and probably Grimes also.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think a win tomorrow against TAMU will be what the doctor ordered for recruiting and the overall well being of the team.