2019 4* Buck Derick Hall Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

8 minutes ago, Samau said:

Disagree, I have been following recruiting for over 40 years. If a coach and team are struggling hot seat rumors get started and it does have an impact even if the coach does not get fired.

How often does hot seat talk start before December of a coach's first season? Other than among the psycho fringe of the fanbase, I mean. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How often does hot seat talk start before December of a coach's first season? Other than among the psycho fringe of the fanbase, I mean. 

Usually it will not start until year 2 or even 3 by the media. But  coaches from other schools will start telling recruits almost immediately. I know for a fact that Gus knows it was used against him the last couple of years and cost him some players. FSU is a major powerhouse that expects to be competing for the ACC and National Championship every year. If FSU loses several games every other programs including Auburn will be telling recruits there is a good chance a coaching change will occur while you are playing football at Florida State (regardless if it happens or not).

Edited by Samau

21 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

"Hey Derick, you know half the fan base is already calling for the staff to be fired...it's all over Twitter and Facebook. Check it out, they're not happy at the lack of preparation and sloppy play.  Heck, they want Jimbo back.  He might build something, but that's a mighty, mighty big IF...it's a huge gamble that he even gets enough time to do that.  However, you can help me build something greater right here, right now at Auburn."

Exactly 

27 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

"Hey Derick, you know half the fan base is already calling for the staff to be fired...it's all over Twitter and Facebook. Check it out, they're not happy at the lack of preparation and sloppy play.  Heck, they want Jimbo back.  He might build something, but that's a mighty, mighty big IF...it's a huge gamble that he even gets enough time to do that.  However, you can help me build something greater right here, right now at Auburn."

8 minutes ago, Samau said:

Usually it will not start until year 2 or even 3 by the media. But  coaches from other schools will start telling recruits almost immediately. I know for a fact that Gus knows it was used against him the last couple of years and cost him some players. FSU is a major powerhouse that expects to be competing for the ACC and National Championship every year. If FSU loses several games every other programs including Auburn will be telling recruits there is a good chance a coaching change will occur while you are playing football at Florida State (regardless if it happens or not).

Gus has been here since 2013 and his job really was in jeopardy last year. And rival coaches can say that about almost any new coach, even if he's winning. What we're saying is that a new coach has a counter-punch that will appeal more strongly to a certain kind of kid. Wanya Morris is one of those kids. So were several of the kids who signed with Gus despite hearing a much more legitimate negative pitch against Auburn. And Hall might be one of those kids, too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Gus has been here since 2013 and his job really was in jeopardy last year. And rival coaches can say that about almost any new coach, even if he's winning. What we're saying is that a new coach has a counter-punch that will appeal more strongly to a certain kind of kid. Wanya Morris is one of those kids. So were several of the kids who signed with Gus despite hearing a much more legitimate negative pitch against Auburn. And Hall might be one of those kids, too. 

7851BD8F-E819-4FD3-AF24-CC1758444D0E.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Samau said:

Disagree, I have been following recruiting for over 40 years. If a coach and team are struggling hot seat rumors get started and it does have an impact even if the coach does not get fired.

Well ranking facts diasagrre with your opinion. There have been many average to subpar seasons for upper tier P5 schools over the years who had top 10-12 classes without a major coaching change. Most notable recent example is Butch Jones at Tennessee.

Recruiting is about relationships and unless there’s a major coaching change or the head coach is really on the hot seat then sam  season record rarely has an effect on the outcome of a class. It’s not just me saying this either. People who get paid to cover recruiting for the most part have said the same thing. I appreciate you Sam but I’m tired of arguing this with you off and on over the past few years. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well ranking facts diasagrre with your opinion. There have been many average to subpar seasons for upper tier P5 schools over the years who had top 10-12 classes without a major coaching change. Most notable recent example is Butch Jones at Tennessee.

Recruiting is about relationships and unless there’s a major coaching change or the head coach is really on the hot seat then sam  season record rarely has an effect on the outcome of a class. It’s not just me saying this either. People who get paid to cover recruiting for the most part have said the same thing. I appreciate you Sam but I’m tired of arguing this with you off and on over the past few years. 

Ellitor, I think you must have me confused with someone else? I have only been a member for 1 year and I do not remember arguing with you about anything?  I usually agree with your posts. I guess we will just agree to disagree about this. But if I’ve upset you I will glad to not post anymore.

Edited by Samau

1 hour ago, Samau said:

Ellitor, I think you must have me confused with someone else? I have only been a member for 1 year and I do not remember arguing with you about anything?  I usually agree with your posts. I guess we will just agree to disagree about this. But if I’ve upset you I will glad to not post anymore.

Don't... Keep posting.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Samau said:

I believe E confused you with somebody else. Please keep posting. I believe you are wrong when looked across the spectrum of recruiting which is what E is saying but for one individual player it could have an affect as each kid is unique and why he chooses a school could be based on anything and might not make sense to most of us.  Some kids want to get as far away from home as possible, A girl friend or just a good friend is going to that school, The belief that school will get them to the next level, mom and dad told them to go to that school, college major, a whim, etc.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Samau said:

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Don't... Keep posting.

This^^^^. It's not worth you leaving just because we disagree on 1 thing. You're a good poster & a valued member to the board. I would hate to see you leave.

And years was the wrong word. Months is more like it but we have definitely volleyed the topic before. Regardless it's water under the bridge. And FTR you did not come close to upsetting. You're gucci!

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

any timeline on when Hall wants to commit?    If he is serious about engineering and he is considering Auburn and Miss St, this is a no brainer......time to commit and focus on his senior season.

Edited by Beaker

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

any timeline on when Hall wants to commit?

Not anymore. Was Summer but no timeline now. FSU & Miss St has made things interesting.

5 minutes ago, Samau said:

Thanks Ellitor AuburnnnTexas and Big Bird.  I will keep posting. I enjoy the board. War Eagle!

Most importantly. I apologize for offending & upsetting you.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He will learn, like the rest of us, that you are to the point and usually pretty accurate. When you miss on something you man up and admit it! Keep posting @Samau

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

No problem I wasn’t upset actually  I thought I made you upset. Thanks no apologies needed. You do a great job!

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/high-school/article219105355.html

Gulfport football star cuts his list to 3 SEC schools, but there’s a leader in the hunt

BY PATRICK MAGEE

PMAGEE@SUNHERALD.COM

September 27, 2018 10:18 AM

Gulfport

Derick Hall has a maturity that is well beyond his 17 years and that’s shown up during his recruitment as a top prep football prospect.

A long list of respected college programs have lined up for his services over the last year and first-year Gulfport head coach John Archie has watched his star linebacker navigate the process with ease.

“He’s handled it like an adult,” Archie said Wednesday.

With each visit, Hall has returned to a list he keeps in his room that helps him decide which schools are the best fit for him.

“I have questions that I ask and I come back and check off,” Hall said. “It’s definitely narrowing it down. It’s getting close to time to wrap this thing up.”

After cutting the list to eight schools in March, Hall now has three that are in still in the hunt — Mississippi State, Florida and Auburn.

While Hall says that all three are under consideration, Auburn is the clear leader at the moment.

“Every time I go there, it feels like family,” Hall said. “It’s the same thing with Mississippi State, but Auburn has a great engineering program. It’s one of the best in the country. They have 90 percent of people come out and get a great job. Education is huge. My mom preaches that.”

Hall visited Auburn on Sept. 14 for the LSU game. The home team fell 22-21 on a last-second field goal, but that didn’t dampen his interest.

“Man, it was amazing,” he said. “Seeing the Eagle fly around the stadium and seeing the atmosphere, their fans are really behind the Auburn family.”

Hall also has visits scheduled for Mississippi State and Florida this season.

The MSU staff will try to cut into Auburn’s lead when the linebacker makes the trip to Starkville to watch Saturday’s home game against Florida.

Hall is hoping the Gators and Bulldogs continue to pursue him and he has told coaches that.

“Just because I name a leader, I don’t want you to change on me,” Hall said while relaying his message to coaches at MSU and Florida. “They’re still in the running.”

Hall said he expects to make a verbal commitment at some point in October with plans to graduate in December and enroll for college classes in January.

He was one of several standouts on a stout Gulfport defense last year, but his 6-foot-5, 220-pound stature and a 40-yard dash time of 4.6 seconds stood out to college coaches during his junior year.

Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke was the first to offer in late December, sparking a long list of schools to show up on the Gulfport campus to talk with Hall.

As a senior, Hall has begun to fulfill the potential that coaches saw a year ago.

After making 34 tackles and 2 ½ sacks in 2017, Hall already has 34 tackles and three sacks through five games this year.

He points to his ability as a pass rusher as a place where he’s made the most progress this season.

“(My first step) was bad last year,” Hall said. “This year, I initiate and get downhill, ready to make a play.”

Hall was a standout forward for the Gulfport High hoops squad last season, but he will skip his final season on the basketball court to get ready to start his college football career.

Gulfport stands at 4-1 overall and 1-0 in Region 4-6A play ahead of Friday’s home game against Pascagoula at Milner Stadium.”

Sorry i couldn’t quote it the usual way on my phone. Sounds like October is the month we finally hear what happens with this young man! Really would like to pick him up but the longer it takes the more gray hairs I get lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1