2019 4* Buck Derick Hall Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Surprised we didn't have a thread on him yet
12 Major offers including AU, Ole Miss, Miss St., FSU, Vols, & LSU
Believed to be a top target for AU
Attended BCW

• Like 1

Buck from Mississippi has Auburn tied for lead

Benjamin Wolk

When Derick Hall thinks about Auburn, he thinks life after football.

The Gulfport, Miss., 4-star outside linebacker/defensive end is a prototype for Auburn’s Buck position, but he mentions that as a secondary point for his interest in the Tigers. Hall likes the Auburn engineering program, which is what he wants to study in college. His 3.7 GPA as an honor student will make it easy for Hall to enroll early at the school of his choice.

Auburn has a solid opportunity to be that choice, given the post-football approach the staff has taken.

“Auburn’s about life after football. Football is a tool for life,” Hall said. “I want to study engineering. Auburn has a great program for that, and I’ve gotten to check that out. I know I can be comfortable at Auburn even if times get tough in football.”

Hall wasn’t on Auburn’s radar at this time last year. The Tigers found out about Hall, in large part, because of the hire coach Gus Malzahn made to bring cornerbacks coach Marcus Woodson from Memphis. Woodson and Hall had a prior relationship, as Woodson does with many prospects in Mississippi.

That relationship gave Auburn an early edge compared to other big-time universities outside of Mississippi.

“We’re close. We talk every day. It’s sometimes where I’ll call him, and he’s at home with his family eating dinner. He’ll answer the phone. That’s a big thing, just being able to answer me all the time,” Hall said. “I talk to his family. I talk to his kids. I met his family in person. We talk daily. It’s huge.”

The relationship with Woodson isn’t the only close one Hall has fostered with an Auburn coach.

There’s another big one.

“The relationship I have with Gus Malzahn is huge. We talk daily,” Hall said. “It’s tough to beat a close relationship with a head coach.”

If another team can beat it, the most likely option is Mississippi State. Everyone else — Ole Miss, Florida State, Tennessee, LSU and others — will play from behind.

Hall said he is likely to make a summertime decision.

At this point, which are the schools in front?

“Auburn and Mississippi State right now. There’s two or three more who aren’t too far behind,” Hall said.

Hall hasn’t set up an Auburn official visit date yet, but he’s likely to take that in the fall.

The Gulfport bye week lines up with Auburn’s home game against LSU. Hall said he plans to make that his official visit to the Plains.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gotta get this young man for sure.  I would imagine that our engineering program is rated higher than MSU.  Nice to get smart players for sure! Looking at the list of other schools, I would rate our engineering program better than the others.

If I am not mistaken,  UT is the only school on this list that has a higher engineering school rating.

We should never lose a recruiting battle with any Mississippi school!

Edited by doc4aday

32 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Gotta get this young man for sure.  I would imagine that our engineering program is rated higher than MSU.  Nice to get smart players for sure! Looking at the list of other schools, I would rate our engineering program better than the others.

If I am not mistaken,  UT is the only school on this list that has a higher engineering school rating.

Anything is better than a Mississippi education lol

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not posting bc I think it means anything. Just love this little recruiting pitch. Good job, Auburn. Also, I still haven't figured out how to share tweets from mobile.

https://twitter.com/derick_hall5/status/1013018649471344641

Wooo, those graphics are wicked. Graphics art department A+.

• Like 1

??

I guess it’s VIP but if KN is reporting it the leader must be AU.  Would be a big get.  Not a day one starter unless he puts on 20-30 before next fall but will be a great buck.  He could play OLB as well.  Nice problem to have being able to play multiple positions.

Edited by corchjay

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

??

Since I can't say what's in a VIP article I will say this...

FastEnchantingKoi-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

if KN is reporting it the leader must be AU

He would report it if DH named Miss St. his leader to. Keith doesn't have a bias, not even to his alma mater Gators.

Just now, ellitor said:

He would report it if DH named Miss St. his leader to. Keith doesn't have a bias, not even to his alma mater Gators.

But he’s the AU beat guy tho isn’t he?

Just now, corchjay said:

But he’s the AU beat guy tho isn’t he?

Yes but he doesn't pull punches when Info doesn't go AU's way either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exclusive: Stacy Hall Updates Her Four Star Son Derick Hall's Recruitment

Edited by ellitor
embedded podcast intyerview
  • Thanks 2

False Alarm........

dwight.gif

NO — he is not announcing today. The local news is doing a story on him.

I think August will be his month.

-Keith

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well to be fair to the grown men, Hall did tweet "big news coming at 6."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

2628E9F5-1E04-448E-90F2-9BC3956E828C.gif

“The local news does story on high school football player and grown men go crazy. Story at 9:00”

“Grown men”

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, jared52 said:

“Grown men”

Or to some of us in our mid forties "Growing Men" lol!  Somehow the muscle and bulk don't look as good as it did 10 years ago.  

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2018 at 8:35 AM, NorthGATiger said:

Or to some of us in our mid forties "Growing Men" lol!  Somehow the muscle and bulk don't look as good as it did 10 years ago.  

If you think it looks worse in your forties try it when in the sixties lol.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If you think it looks worse in your forties try it when in the sixties lol.

Dang! You know what that means Golf looks like, right?

blobfish-1-watch-and-think.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Dang! You know what that means Golf looks like, right?

blobfish-1-watch-and-think.jpg

Ok.....now that’s not getting out of my head

What Saban will look like after we put a nice butt whooping on him this coming season.