2019 4* DE/DT Charles Moore

ellitor

Another one surprised we didn't have a thread on
6 offers including SU, Miss St., Ole Miss, UGA, & Vols
Attended BCW
Offer list is low for a top 100 prospect due to missing entire JR year because of injury.
Had a great Soph year
Believed to be a top target at SDE/DT

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mississippi State commit says Auburn has drawn even

Benjamin Wolk

Despite being committed to Mississippi State, 4-star prospect Charles Moore is reaching “regular” status at Auburn.

He’s visited several times since his August 2017 pledge to the Bulldogs. That includes a few spring visits this year. Moore’s Auburn visit numbers are likely to increase in the coming months, given his father’s recent work assignment in Opelika, Ala., just a few minutes outside of Auburn.

Moore will be able to visit Auburn whenever he visits his father.

His most recent trip to the Plains came for Big Cat Weekend — and the Tigers impressed.

“Even though I’m committed, Auburn is right there tit for tat [with Mississippi State],” Moore said. “We kinda enjoyed ourselves. We visualized ourselves in the uniform on the field before the game, being on campus, not even football-related stuff. We thought about what it’d be like together in Auburn, Alabama.”

Auburn’s move has been made easier because of the relationship he built with defensive line coach Rodney Garner during a trying time.

Moore tore an ACL shortly into his junior season. Mississippi State stayed with him, and that meant a lot to Moore. His interactions with Garner were equally meaningful.

“Really it’s been like that throughout my healing process with the ACL,” Moore said. “Maybe a month or two after I tore my ACL they came into play and I started talking to them and they were communicating with my coaches.”

Moore isn’t necessarily a package deal with anyone, but he has grown close with fellow defensive line target Jaren Handy. Handy and Moore talk regularly about playing together.

In fact, Moore gave a prediction of what could happen if he were to flip his pledge from Mississippi State to Auburn — something that most likely would occur close to Signing Day.

“If I come to Auburn, there’s a 10 out of 10 chance you’ll see Jaren [Handy] beside me. We talk about it a lot,” Moore said.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

In fact, Moore gave a prediction of what could happen if he were to flip his pledge from Mississippi State to Auburn — something that most likely would occur close to Signing Day.

I'm trying to imagine myself feeling sorry for the pups if both of these Mississippi kids chose us close to signing day and left msu out in the cold.

But, I can't.

8 minutes ago, looney said:

I'm trying to imagine myself feeling sorry for the pups if both of these Mississippi kids chose us close to signing day and left msu out in the cold.

But, I can't.

I'd rather get them earlier. The closer to NSD usually means the harder to get a kid out of Mississippi.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'd rather get them earlier. The closer to NSD usually means the harder to get a kid out of Mississippi.

Agree for sure.

I was just responding to that portion of the quote about the potential proximity to signing day.

Also - I said "both of these Mississippi kids" but I guess you gave us 3 updates on highly-ranked MS kids who are looking positive for us. Nice!

Very excited about what we've started to do with Mississippi recruiting. Would very much like to see our pipelines grow.

I would love for him to flip this summer if possible.  It is a no brainer Auburn over MSU.  I am sure Coach Garner is selling him on the strong possibility that he has a far greater chance playing for championships at Auburn compared to MSU where a 7-5 season is considered a major success. My gut is that he flips to us before the end of the summer.

56 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It is a no brainer Auburn over MSU

Not for Mississippi kids, especially with all the pressure they are under to show out over an Alabama school.

58 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am sure Coach Garner is selling him on the strong possibility that he has a far greater chance playing for championships at Auburn compared to MSU

Woodson is the lead recruiter for all the Mississippi kids FWIW.

Free from Keith via a Miss St. report...

"Finally, as you are aware MSU verbal Charles Moore is back on campus today. Moore is one who enjoys taking trips and meeting coaches. It seems that everywhere he visits a reporter suggests that he is close to flipping. We have seen it with Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss already. I was told yesterday that Moore is as solid as ever with MSU and that he continues to recruit for MSU privately. I wouldn't rule out a visit or two, but I am confident in what I am hearing about him and his signing with MSU. I am told his family is extremely excited about seeing him play at State and that they plan to be on campus for several games this fall."

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Indeed. Flipping, as we both know, is a tough thing to pull off. Only about 10% flip, and it's not clearly known how many, but certainly some of that 10% are players whose initial school has cooled on them and, through lack of communication, gives signs that the kid should look elsewhere. I doubt we get Moore unless MSU turns loose and that doesn't seem likely in his case.

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So, now that Handy is on board.....

....waiting on this guy to make the right decision.  

He says you'll be waiting 6-8 months.

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Moved this thread over from the Rivals section as AU has made this interesting again.

giphy.gif

Sign him up and move him to OT.

9 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Sign him up and move him to OT.

Na. We also need DTs & SDEs with the guys leaving.

26 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Guy apparently really wants to play with Handy.   He is saying the right things to suggest he flips,  just not sure why he has not already. 

Always A LOT of pressure for Mississippi kids to stay home.

18 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

This is prime Rodney Garner flip DL territory.

Except when you factor the Mississippi element for in state kids which is typically not flip territory.

Archived