2019 4* DE/DT Charles Moore

ellitor

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen this done before, but it's been a while. It's not the end of the world but I don't see it as something to rejoice about.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

He also enrolled in JUCO.  It's something a lot of players do as a fallback if anything happens with their grades.  It does not mean he expects to go to JUCO or will not be at Auburn.  Probably just means he has a class or two that he's got to stay on top of to maintain his GPA. 

Whew.

Hit those books, young man.

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

The young man just immediately enrolled in juco right after flipping to AU. Wtf?

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

He also enrolled in JUCO.  It's something a lot of players do as a fallback if anything happens with their grades.  It does not mean he expects to go to JUCO or will not be at Auburn.  Probably just means he has a class or two that he's got to stay on top of to maintain his GPA. 

With due respect gentlemen signing an NLI & enrolling are not the same thing. Enrolling is actually starting classes at a school.

I hope he gets his grades where they need to be. We really need him no doubt. Does anyone know to what degree his grades are?  I guess we will not know till later in the year.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With due respect gentlemen signing an NLI & enrolling are not the same thing. Enrolling is actually starting classes at a school.

It really isn’t that different. You generally don’t have to put money down the day you enroll. You just reserve a spot so to speak.  If you get your grades and can go to AU you just cancel it.   

It really isn’t that different. You just reserve a spot so to speak.  If you get your grades and can go to AU you just cancel it.   

@TitanTiger For NCAA purposes as outlined thoroughly on the OP in the pinnedUnderstanding Yearly Signee & Initial Counter Rulesthread. It is clearly different. NCAA has 2 different sets of yearly 25 limits. 1 for signees & 1 for enrollees. The enrollees limit is the one that matters more as that's when a prospective student becomes an Initial Counter because he has received his first financial assistance from a school. What being a signee does is reserve the right to be an enrollee/Initial Counter should qualify based upon the school's & NCAA Clearing house's enrollment standards as you stated. A signee has not received any financial assistance from the school yet & therefore is not an enrolled student.

You generally don’t have to put money down the day you enroll.

True but you still aren't enrolled by NCAA rules.

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

I've seen this done before, but it's been a while. It's not the end of the world but I don't see it as something to rejoice about.

Just out of curiosity, why would anyone "rejoice" over one of the gems of our recruiting class, a top 70 player in the entire country, signing with a JUCO? 

That doesn't make any sense

39 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Just out of curiosity, why would anyone "rejoice" over one of the gems of our recruiting class, a top 70 player in the entire country, signing with a JUCO? 

Nobody is but it happens much more often than most people realize. We just don't hear about it often because most jucos don't tweet out their signees much.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Is there some part of "I don't see it as something to rejoice about" that is unclear? Here, I'll try to help. It's a negative.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Is there some part of "I don't see it as something to rejoice about" that is unclear? Here, I'll try to help. It's a negative.

Quite a few do this. I’d say half. Isn’t that great but in the same sentence it’s bad. I’d say that AU has been in touch with his guidance counselor and has laid out a plan to get him qualified if he is boarder line. 

19 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Saturday Down South's notoriously irresponsible, incomplete and innuendo-filled articles have almost become more anti-AU than Al.com. Almost. 

Definitely an anti-AU bias especially that Conor blowhard.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

While I agree, you sure said that in a strange way. Especially since no one had said anything that suggested being happy about this...

If I am wrong, I stand corrected. Gus & staff have done a pretty good job in the past of having classes where nearly, if not all signees, make the academic grades & test scores to qualify.  Like I say, if I am wrong I do not mind being corrected!  WDE!!

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

If I am wrong, I stand corrected. Gus & staff have done a pretty good job in the past of having classes where nearly, if not all signees, make the academic grades & test scores to qualify.  Like I say, if I am wrong I do not mind being corrected!  WDE!!

There have been misses but it has been good on the whole.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know how his qualifying is going?  If I recall he was 50/50 on being eligible to enroll at Auburn.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Does anyone know how his qualifying is going?  If I recall he was 50/50 on being eligible to enroll at Auburn.

lo.gif

Archived