2019 4* DE/DT Charles Moore

ellitor

Chad Simmons • Rivals

National Signing Day is rapidly approaching, with less than a week until the remaining unsigned top prospects sign their National Letter of Intent. With that in mind, several elite players have started to release their final lists and prepare for commitment announcements. One of those players is Rivals100 defensive end 

, who is planning to announce his decision on Wednesday.

Experts from the Rivals.com network examine where Moore, a four-star out of Louisville (Miss.) might end up playing his college football. The candidates are Auburn, Florida and LSU.

THE SITUATION

Moore was the first 2019 prospect to commit to Mississippi State. The four-star prospect stayed with the Bulldogs through the program's coaching change and into 2019, but backed off of his pledge a few weeks ago and re-opened his recruitment.

He was at Florida State for an official visit just over a week ago, but the Seminoles dropped off his list. All signs point to Moore leaving his home state to play somewhere else in the SEC. He has taken official visits to his three finalists and now he is nearing a decision.

With the public decision coming soon, we asked our team experts to state the case for their respective programs and let National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell issue a verdict.

AUBURN

“Relationships are key for Auburn with Moore. Area recruiter Marcus Woodson and defensive line coach Rodney Garner both have developed very close bonds with Moore and his family. Moore’s father worked in nearby Opelika during the fall, which allowed him to become even more familiar with Auburn and its coaches. It also doesn’t hurt that Moore and Auburn signee 

, who also is from Mississippi, are close friends and have said on more than one occasion, including during their official visits to Auburn in December, that they plan to play together in college.” — Jeffrey Lee, AuburnSports.com

FLORIDA

Dan Mullen has reeled in a commitment from Moore once before, and now hopes to hit the jackpot once again, this time as Florida's head man. Despite the loss of Sal Sunseri to Alabama, the familiarity level is still there with Moore holding a strong connection with DC Todd Grantham as well. 

Defensive line has been a priority for UF's class, so Moore knows there is a need for his versatile skill set in Grantham's 3-4 front. However, it's Florida itself that has placed the Gators in prime position. He says the 'Florida brand is so big,' highlighting the school's academics and job opportunities once wrapping up college. Moore simply liked Gainesville and everything that comes along with it, and that was the case with his mother as well.” — Corey Bender, GatorsTerritory.com

LSU

“While LSU seems like the dark horse and may be on the outside looking in at the moment, Moore's ever important final visit belongs to it, giving it a punchers chance to finish strong. Ed Orgeron is a former defensive line coach, so that is another distinct advantage LSU has over its competition. 

"The Tigers have been diligent in trying to position themselves as a legit contender down the stretch, and with the final visit wrapping up roughly 72 hours before ink meets paper, calling them a legitimate contender is not a stretch. The need for defensive linemen in this class is strong for LSU, with only two signatures being received in December, which seems to have caught Moore's attention.” — Jimmy Smith, TigerDetail.com

THE VERDICT

“Moore is a tough call but I’ll go with Auburn with this one. Their recent d-line recruiting has been excellent and he feels he fits in well with their scheme.” — Mike Farrell, Rivals.com

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Mike Farrell predicting your school to get someone. NOPE. Do not like this lol.

I do. He gets 1 right a year & might as well be this one. Funny how Rivals didn't even include the biggest threat to AU in the article which is Miss St.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I do. He gets 1 right a year & might as well be this one. Funny how Rivals didn't even include the biggest threat to AU in the article which is Miss St.

I guess it is a across the board company thing. We know all to well how bad J LEE is unfortunately lol.........

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then! Maybe this will be his. Not gonna do it, not gonna do it... 😝 

Our 3 top targets that I hope and have faith will sign are 1. Pickens 2. Moore 3. Richards  4. Brothers....who knows with Henry and Bell. Get those 2, and this will turn out to be a very nice class.

46 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Our 3 top targets that I hope and have faith will sign are 1. Pickens 2. Moore 3. Richards  4. Brothers....who knows with Henry and Bell. Get those 2, and this will turn out to be a very nice class.

So three is the new four?

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You are getting good at this E!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I predict by 5 pm wednesday....3 will become 4! (3,4,5)  boy do I love new math! Not bad math for the 6th!

Not making excuses....went to the CVS minute clinic Saturday and was diagnosed with the flu....been on Tamiflu and 2 other vicious meds that are making me crazy along with a 102.5 fever that will not relent!!

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I predict by 5 pm wednesday....3 will become 4! (3,4,5)  boy do I love new math! Not bad math for the 6th!

Not making excuses....went to the CVS minute clinic Saturday and was diagnosed with the flu....been on Tamiflu and 2 other vicious meds that are making me crazy along with a 102.5 fever that will not relent!!

Feel better Doc...

5 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Do we advertise on the Moo State fan web site?

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Huh?

My bad, no yellow font on my phone. I was jabbing all the Moo State advertising on our pages. 

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Hope you get well soon! But keep that stuff at your house! Lol🤒

21 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

My bad, no yellow font on my phone. I was jabbing all the Moo State advertising on our pages. 

That would be an improvement on my devices. I've been getting a crap ton of that Bammer Cruise adverts. I was thinking of alerting @RunInRed or @TitanTiger to it.

5 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

The young man just immediately enrolled in juco right after flipping to AU. Wtf?

Link? What are you talking about?

He also enrolled in JUCO.  It's something a lot of players do as a fallback if anything happens with their grades.  It does not mean he expects to go to JUCO or will not be at Auburn.  Probably just means he has a class or two that he's got to stay on top of to maintain his GPA. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

He also enrolled in JUCO.  It's something a lot of players do as a fallback if anything happens with their grades.  It does not mean he expects to go to JUCO or will not be at Auburn.  Probably just means he has a class or two that he's got to stay on top of to maintain his GPA. 

Cool. Didn’t know you could do that.

Archived