2019 3* WR Ja'Varrius Johnson commits to AU!!!

ellitor

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

JJ keeps making my plate of crow bigger and bigger. My post from June 8th is shameful at this point:

Excited that this kid will be the junior year version of Ryan Davis. He could be an absolute animal in the slot!

I’ll say a mix of Ryan Davis and Hastings.  He’s got deep threat ability as long as it’s not jump balls.  Plus he might have a higher ceiling of top end speed compared to Ryan Davis.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Is that a problem?

Yes

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

then that it was handled

Was never handled. Just a plan in place to help him get qualified. He still has A LOT of work to do however.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Crazy with how easy they’ve made high school that anyone struggles.

It's not simply about struggling in high school although that could be a factor. NCAA has soo much course work they want completed at a satisfactory fashion that's it's not necessarily covered in a school's standard high school diploma. If a school doesn't have a guidance counselor educated on NCAA standards & have their athletes starting them in the 9th grade then players can easily get behind.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’ll say a mix of Ryan Davis and Hastings.  He’s got deep threat ability as long as it’s not jump balls.  Plus he might have a higher ceiling of top end speed compared to Ryan Davis.  

Tyrique Hill IMO.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes

Was never handled. Just a plan in place to help him get qualified. He still has A LOT of work to do however.

It's not simply about struggling in high school although that could be a factor. NCAA has soo much course work they want completed at a satisfactory fashion that's it's not necessarily covered in a school's standard high school diploma. If a school doesn't have a guidance counselor educated on NCAA standards & have their athletes starting them in the 9th grade then players can easily get behind.

That’s true. When my wrestlers come in as freshmen we run their parents through the requirements and talk with them about NCAA requirements. Not a sexy talk for sure but it’s made a lot of their lives easier.

Counselors aren’t what they used to be but I think they’re also responsible for more than they used to be as well.

Thanks for clarifying though E. Hope he gets it done.