2019 3* WR Ja'Varrius Johnson commits to AU!!!

ellitor

40 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Happens all the time its bird fault

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26849-1415460414-11

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Had a Mega Meal with a lemon pie the other night. Don’t get it often anymore. Wife and kids aren’t fans. 

I eat at the Sneaky Pete’s on 11 at the Shell frequently. Pretty close to my house. 

Exactly the same order as mine...kudos to your impeccable taste...?

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2018 at 4:24 PM, AUDub said:

I’m ready to hear the phrase “Sneaky Pete’s Redzone” again. I miss it. 

always nice to sit back on a Friday night and watch HFN. They do a great job with it. If only they could show playoff games..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Spoke with coach Floyd at the Trussville Chamber today, asked him about Ja’Varrius. Nothing earth-shattering, but he laughed at the fact he’s ranked 113th (IIRC) at WR and 40-something in the state overall. He said there’s hardly 20-25 WRs better than him in the country, much less 110+. He said that AU keeps comparing him to Ryan Davis, and Floyd agrees. He said Ja’Varrius can fly, but what separates him is his catching and ball skills. He said most guys his size and position are just water bugs that dance and juke, but he’s a complete receiver... just in 5’9 175lb body. Expecting to get him the ball early and often this season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jskilgro said:

Spoke with coach Floyd at the Trussville Chamber today, asked him about Ja’Varrius. Nothing earth-shattering, but he laughed at the fact he’s ranked 113th (IIRC) at WR and 40-something in the state overall. He said there’s hardly 20-25 WRs better than him in the country, much less 110+. He said that AU keeps comparing him to Ryan Davis, and Floyd agrees. He said Ja’Varrius can fly, but what separates him is his catching and ball skills. He said most guys his size and position are just water bugs that dance and juke, but he’s a complete receiver... just in 5’9 175lb body. Expecting to get him the ball early and often this season. 

I don't doubt that JJ will have more receptions and yards then Dazalin at HT.  

11 hours ago, jskilgro said:

That's what I thought, too. Maybe an even more aggressive ball catcher. Maybe the Shivers of the WR corps. Super excited about this guy and I continue to have trust in and appreciation for our staff's ability to evaluate some of these off the radar guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, DonDraper said:

Thanks for the updates. Kid is a stud! 

Dynamic with the ball in his hands but has dropped 3 easy passes already this year.  I think just trying to do to much before securing the ball but will definitely keep my eyes on that during the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Dynamic with the ball in his hands but has dropped 3 easy passes already this year.  I think just trying to do to much before securing the ball but will definitely keep my eyes on that during the season.

Appreciate the stats 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:49 PM, corchjay said:

It seems like we’re losing a Ryan Davis next year but gaining a new one lol.

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It seems like we’re losing a Ryan Davis next year but gaining a new one lol.

I agree.

This guy might have some vertical and some nasty in him, too. 

I wonder if the dropsies are a result of him feeling a little pressure from the spotlight now that he's an Auburn commit. Like he knows he's not the highest rated guy and he wants to "prove all the haters wrong". 

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I agree.

This guy might have some vertical and some nasty in him, too. 

I wonder if the dropsies are a result of him feeling a little pressure from the spotlight now that he's an Auburn commit. Like he knows he's not the highest rated guy and he wants to "prove all the haters wrong". 

I think it’s more trying to do more then he’s capable of and wanting to impress his new teammates 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I think it’s more trying to do more then he’s capable of and wanting to impress his new teammates 

I forgot he was on a new team. Great point. 

Three TD's video vs West Forsyth...........enjoy kid is going to be special

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/09/watch_auburn_wr_commit_javarri.html

Auburn receiver commit Ja'Varrius Johnson had a big night in Hewitt-Trussville's road victory over West Forsythe (Ga.).

The 5-foot-9, 165-pounder showed off his return skills by racing 97 yards for a kickoff return touchdown and added two touchdown receptions from Alabama quarterback commit Paul Tyson. He finished with five catches for 98 yards.

Watch Johnson's three TDs in Friday's game:

Johnson transferred to Hewitt-Trussville last spring from St. Clair County, which he helped advance to the Class 5A semifinals last year.

In two games at Hewitt-Trussville, he has 15 catches for 252 yards and two touchdowns, while adding a third TD on Friday's kickoff return.

A 3-star prospect according to 247Sports, Johnson is one of 16 Auburn commits in the Class of 2019. Johnson and Hoover's George Pickens are the two current receiver commits, but three others are listed as athletes and could also play receiver.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

My nephew got his license today and drove himself to the game. He is a sophomore there at Hewitt.

52 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Oak Mt at HT this week.

28-7 HT early in the 2nd.

JJ with 3 receptions so far I think some where around 100 yards.  60+ TD reception.  

• Like 1