2019 3* WR Ja'Varrius Johnson commits to AU!!!

ellitor

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

JJ finished up with 9 receptions 243 yards 2 TDs.  A couple kick off returns for about 40 yards each.   HT wins 52-47

If one of our more heralded recruits put up those numbers...

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

JJ finished up with 9 receptions 243 yards 2 TDs.  A couple kick off returns for about 40 yards each.   HT wins 52-47

Whoa! We definitely found a gem.

Our receiving core is already scary good and looking at the stats that Johnson and Pickens are putting up it could end up being one of the best in the country. 

• Like 2

Have to throw a shout out to the Oak Mountain QB.  He ain’t a passer and probably will never be, but with the ball in his hands he’s electric.  A 2022 kid.  Smith I think is his last name.

10 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Our receiving core is already scary good and looking at the stats that Johnson and Pickens are putting up it could end up being one of the best in the country. 

If JJ (aka DYNAMITE) keeps putting up these numbers in the toughest region in the state, & one of the toughest in the nation, I'm gonna hound Chad Simmons, Mike Farrell, Barton Simmons, Loogs, & Gerry Hamilton to give him a 4th * if they haven't done so by January.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If JJ (aka DYNAMITE) keeps putting up these numbers in the toughest region in the state, & one of the toughest in the nation, I'm gonna hound Chad Simmons, Mike Farrell, Barton Simmons, Loogs, & Gerry Hamilton to give him a 4th * if they haven't done so by January.

I think you mean “Dyn-O-Mite”?

8B864579-92F5-45A9-A216-5C4759A0E49D.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m glad we have a Ryan Davis like monster sliding right in as the former leaves. Hope we give him more opportunities than bubble and tunnel screens!

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’m glad we have a Ryan Davis like monster sliding right in as the former leaves. Hope we give him more opportunities than bubble and tunnel screens!

He’s a small dude but great athlete.  He’ll be a screen guy but probably a lot more polished WR the Ryan Davis was coming in.  I think he’s rated like #114 WR in the country but in reality he should be in the top 40.  Size will hold him back from getting any higher then that even if he were to move up that much.  

He might have a greater top end speed then RD as well.  He’s quick and fast.

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

He’s a small dude but great athlete.  He’ll be a screen guy but probably a lot more polished WR the Ryan Davis was coming in.  I think he’s rated like #114 WR in the country but in reality he should be in the top 40.  Size will hold him back from getting any higher then that even if he were to move up that much.  

He might have a greater top end speed then RD as well.  He’s quick and fast.

Both RD and this kid look a lot like what Antonio Brown probably looked like at Central Michigan before getting drafted in the 6th round...

On 9/25/2018 at 7:58 AM, McLoofus said:

Both RD and this kid look a lot like what Antonio Brown probably looked like at Central Michigan before getting drafted in the 6th round...

Imagine having a time machine and being able to recruit studs who went to small schools. Though sometimes it's that lack of attention that made them great due to motivation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Imagine having a time machine and being able to recruit studs who went to small schools. Though sometimes it's that lack of attention that made them great due to motivation.

To wit: Shaun Shivers. Not exactly an unknown, but his size basically makes him a boy named Sue in this sport and defenses will continue to suffer the consequences. 

You're so right, though. Can't imagine all the coaches that look at the NFL and think, dang, I totally could've had that guy. Or even, dang, I had that guy, and I couldn't make it work. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

To wit: Shaun Shivers. Not exactly an unknown, but his size basically makes him a boy named Sue in this sport and defenses will continue to suffer the consequences. 

You're so right, though. Can't imagine all the coaches that look at the NFL and think, dang, I totally could've had that guy. Or even, dang, I had that guy, and I couldn't make it work. 

Josh Norman at Coastal Carolina!
Hell even Luke Kuechly at Boston College.

Hindsight is a b**** lol

• Like 1

Johnson first half tonight I think 2 catches around 60 yards with a TD.

Touchdown was sick I’m sure we will have highlights later.  He beats his man 1 on 1 on a deep slant route the safety coming over JJ puts a spin move on him and the safety never puts a finger on him.  Video game move

Plus has 1 rush out of the wildcat for 4 yards.  Not to mention all the return yardage probably around 60-70 return yardage

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

He will play the min he steps foot at AU 

He probably will but not sure he doesn’t need a RS year to add size.

He finished the night with about the same stats as the 1st half as it was a HT win over Huffman 41-0.

Remember these 2 names for the future...

Justice Finkly LB

Omari Kelly RB 

both will be class of 2022