2019 3* WR Ja'Varrius Johnson commits to AU!!!

ellitor

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

New Area's for the 7A teams.  Hoover, HT, Thompson, Oak Mt, Spain Park, Vestavia all in the same area now. 

Edit... my bad forgot to add Mountain Brook and Tusc County as well to that area

I know. I was referring to a team on the North side of the bracket actually beating them in the playoffs. That's when it matters most.

And in soccer terms, that's the group of death, or region of death in this case.

Edited by ellitor

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I know. I was referring to a team on the North side of the bracket actually beating them in the playoffs. That's when it matters most.

I doubt it.  Isn't Auburn High supposed to be pretty good from the south tho?    

It will help HT in the long run playing the tougher competition as well to get them ready for the playoffs.  

Edited by corchjay

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Isn't Auburn High supposed to be pretty good from the south tho?    

Yeah but not Hoover or HT good. McGill or Central PC. is still probably the best in the South.

Also added a funny soccer quip to my previous post FWIW.

Edited by ellitor

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And in soccer terms, that's the group of death, or region of death in this case.

Agreed.  Brutal Region...  I'd venture to say the top 3 teams in the State are Hoover, Thompson and Trussville

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Agreed.  Brutal Region...  I'd venture to say the top 3 teams in the State are Hoover, Thompson and Trussville

IDK. If Central stops making silly playoff mistakes they don't take a back seat to anyone.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

IDK. If Central stops making silly playoff mistakes they don't take a back seat to anyone.

What will Central be without Justyn Ross?  

Any broadcast apps for the Southern Teams?  I'd like to watch some McGill, Auburn, Central, Prattville games...

And what happened to Daphne over the years?  Since Savarese left the area they went to pot... guess the "cheatin" he allowed them to get away with stopped

Edited by corchjay

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What will Central be without Justyn Ross?  

Loaded like usual. Their QB just showed out at the LSU camp & committed to them. Their Safety is committed to Clemson. Their RB was just offered by LSU. They have a QB in the next class who has big things expected after Parrish goes off to LSU.

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Any broadcast apps for the Southern Teams?  I'd like to watch some McGill, Auburn, Central, Prattville games...

Don't know. Most are on the NFHS Network website.

Edited by ellitor

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

And what happened to Daphne over the years?  Since Savarese left the area they went to pot... guess the "cheatin" he allowed them to get away with stopped 

The power moved over to McGill, the last place Savarese coached before becoming director of the AHSAA.

37 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’m ready to hear the phrase “Sneaky Pete’s Redzone” again. I miss it. 

I miss Sneaky Pete's so much. And Milo's. And Chris's hot dogs in Montgomery. 

So much, I miss them.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So much, I miss them.

Had Milos 2 weekends ago...and took a bunch of Milos salt packets home with me...? Mega Meal baby!  Only get it a few times a year now...it is amazing...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So much, I miss them.

Sneaky Pete's is alligned with a number of gas stations in the state.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So much, I miss them.

Hell I miss the Frosty Inn in Russellville and King Drive Inn.........I'm sure JJ would like both since this thread is JJ's

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hell I miss the Frosty Inn in Russellville and King Drive Inn.........I'm sure JJ would like both since this thread is JJ's

Took a lot of dates to Kings Drive In in HS. ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Had Milos 2 weekends ago...and took a bunch of Milos salt packets home with me...? Mega Meal baby!  Only get it a few times a year now...it is amazing...

Had a Mega Meal with a lemon pie the other night. Don’t get it often anymore. Wife and kids aren’t fans. 

I eat at the Sneaky Pete’s on 11 at the Shell frequently. Pretty close to my house. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I remember you saying that before and I understand the ?

Ha, I remember telling you that now. It’s a crying shame the business had to close down. Good memory, old man. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Had a Mega Meal with a lemon pie the other night. Don’t get it often anymore. Wife and kids aren’t fans. 

I eat at the Sneaky Pete’s on 11 at the Shell frequently. Pretty close to my house. 

They make a hell of a breakfast, too.

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Ha, I remember telling you that now. It’s a crying shame the business had to close down. Good memory, old man. 

Had some great times there myself you may remember my Uncle owned it until the earlier 90's. I worked there in the 60's saw so many movies and some of the best burgers you could find I should know cause my Dad owned the meat packing company he brought them from....... good times

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They make a hell of a breakfast, too.

Love their bacon egg and cheese biscuits. 

17 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Love their bacon egg and cheese biscuits. 

Real eggs cooked to order. Mmmm. I used to get same except smoked sausage instead of bacon.