2019 3* WR Ja'Varrius Johnson commits to AU!!!

ellitor

Damn it @Auburn Kev! You did it again. At least I'm posting the article & not the tweet. :P

Tigers WR commit makes big jump in rankings

By Keith Niebuhr

Thanks to a huge senior season, Auburn receiver commit Ja'Varrius Johnson of Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.) has played his way into the Top247.

This fall, Johnson has 82 receptions for 1,610 yards (with a long of 77 yards) and 13 touchdowns in 11 games. That’s a stellar average of 19.6 yards per reception. Johnson has seven 100-yard receiving games and two over 200 this year. In addition to his ridiculous receiving numbers, he has two kickoff returns for touchdowns.

His reward?

Johnson has been bumped from a 3-star to a 4-star by 247Sports and now is the No. 214 recruit nationally and is No. 10 in the state of Alabama.

Johnson' reaction to his ratings bump? "Yes sir!!!" he replied via Twitter direct message.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

8AA33833-AA3D-434C-92D9-8E79A0EB7C71.jpeg

Man, I hope that we can somehow hold onto this dude. Gus trudging around like a dead man walking isn’t giving me warm fuzzies about our recruiting class at this point

5 hours ago, corchjay said:

8AA33833-AA3D-434C-92D9-8E79A0EB7C71.jpeg

Too bad his stats are wrong. I charted only 2 of his games & triple checked myself but in those 2 games he had a combined 2 more catches & at least 25 yards more than given credit for. No telling how far his stats are off for the entire season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Too bad his stats are wrong. I charted only 2 of his games & triple checked myself but in those 2 games he had a combined 2 more catches & at least 25 yards more than given credit for. No telling how far his stats are off for the entire season.

Probably not a lot.  He could break the record tonight against Thompson we shall see.  Same games same locations as the week 10 games.  HT at Thompson and Mountain Brook at Hoover.  

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Probably not a lot.  He could break the record tonight against Thompson we shall see.  Same games same locations as the week 10 games.  HT at Thompson and Mountain Brook at Hoover.  

HT & Thompson is going to be on every major tv market in alabama as the Raycom Game of the week BTW.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Interested to see how this week plays out.  Got a sneaky feeling Mountain Brook upsets Hoover, not sure why I feel that way they are just so disciplined on defense.  

My guess is that Hoover beats them worse than they did the first time. Most likely will be a Thompson vs. Hoover rematch.

Just now, bg5 said:

My guess is that Hoover beats them worse than they did the first time. Most likely will be a Thompson vs. Hoover rematch.

I’d say the odds are in the favor of your prediction but I wouldn’t count out Hewitt-Trussville or Mountain Brook.  Any of those 4 plus PC could win the state title and not surprise me at all.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’d say the odds are in the favor of your prediction but I wouldn’t count out Hewitt-Trussville or Mountain Brook.  Any of those 4 plus PC could win the state title and not surprise me at all.

Central Phenix City will have a possible say in this. Talent all over the place. 

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Central Phenix City will have a possible say in this. Talent all over the place. 

Yeah but other than AHS playing over their heads a few weeks ago CPC has played nobody. Nowhere near as tested as the 4 teams from Region 3.

JJ keeps making my plate of crow bigger and bigger. My post from June 8th is shameful at this point:

Not a big fan of this pickup if I'm being 100% honest. If, outside of Pickens, we're really only taking one other receiver than I don't understand this being our guy.

I hope I don't get bashed for saying this but it's kind of an underwhelming pickup. It's made worse when I think of how we gained ground with Haselwood... Maybe we take another receiver anyway but that would go against most of what I've seen projected...

War Eagle to this kid and maybe I'm terribly wrong but this isn't the size of a boom I was expecting for our next commitment.

Excited that this kid will be the junior year version of Ryan Davis. He could be an absolute animal in the slot!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

JJ keeps making my plate of crow bigger and bigger. My post from June 8th is shameful at this point:

Excited that this kid will be the junior year version of Ryan Davis. He could be an absolute animal in the slot!

I knew I liked you. 

• Love 1

I know he was awesome when HT played Thompson last time. If we can hold on to him and George we will have some fantastic WR's for several years. Both of them are electric with the kick returns as well.

53 minutes ago, bg5 said:

and George we will have some fantastic WR's for several years

Assuming George qualifies.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Assuming George qualifies.

Is that a problem? I recall hearing it was, then that it was handled, and now it’s an issue? Crazy with how easy they’ve made high school that anyone struggles.

We can’t give below a 50 and have to let kids retake as many times as they want down here.