Greene to negotiate new deal for Thompson

Hope you’re right about the AD’s support. If not, hoping past history is not an indicator of the future. How long has it been since Hal Baird was our coach?

31 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

If Butch wants to go back to MSU, he will go no matter what Greene does.  I suspect that Greene is going to give unprecedented support for AU baseball.  Greene appears to be making the AD his own and him being a former BB player leads one to believe we are going to enjoy the ride. 

If Butch doesn’t want to be part of that, we will get someone else. AU is a great brand. 

You are probably right. I tend to get aggravated easily at times and just want to make sure the the AD gives it all that he has got to keep Butch.  It is that Butch has gotten the program up and running like the days of Coach Hal Baird. Baird gave us many years of success on a very high level.  Butch can do this if he stays the course.  There are many good coaches out there that could  come in and do well.  If Butch wants to leave, he is going to leave. I just want AD Greene to give it his all to keep Butch and not leave anything on the table that could have kept Butch in the promised land.

AD Greene has done some good things so far in his tenure, but the contract deal with the ladies BB coach still has me scratching my head. Butch is deserving at least what Coach Flo is making or something  very close and maybe more. 

8 minutes ago, waaegl said:

Hope you’re right about the AD’s support. If not, hoping past history is not an indicator of the future. How long has it been since Hal Baird was our coach?

Far too many years and far too many mediocre and sub par coaches until Butch came to town. Close to 20 years since CHB left.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:07 PM, around4ever said:

I imagine Coach Thompson took a break and a vacation with his family after the Supers.  He will have a new deal by the middle of August I not sooner.  JMO. 

A4E.........How good of shape would you say we are with getting a contract deal done with CBT? Do you think there is a very real chance we could lose Butch?  I think a lot of us just want to hear something with how things are moving with this process. It sounded like when AD Greene announced on June 8th that contract negotiations would start soon and that this would get done very soon.

As time passes, folks like me are getting nervous with the silence and what seems like lack of urgency to get this done. Maybe things are going on fine and a deal looks to be done soon. Folks just want to know what is going on.

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

A4E.........How good of shape would you say we are with getting a contract deal done with CBT? Do you think there is a very real chance we could lose Butch?  I think a lot of us just want to hear something with how things are moving with this process. It sounded like when AD Greene announced on June 8th that contract negotiations would start soon and that this would get done very soon.

As time passes, folks like me are getting nervous with the silence and what seems like lack of urgency to get this done. Maybe things are going on fine and a deal looks to be done soon. Folks just want to know what is going on.

Its done!  Signed thru 2024

https://mobile.twitter.com/auburntigers/status/1009931718600609793

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Thanks my friend!  I now can put up the Tums and break out the champagne (non alcoholic that is!) This is awesome news!!

Archived