Null

aubiefifty

greene discusses changes

18 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So... For future reference, we should all aquaint ourselves with the Notre Dame athletic Dept so that we have an idea of what the AU Dept will be soon?

Previous claims for Irish origins of cronyism have been largely discredited.

'The word "crony" first appeared in 17th-century London, according to the Oxford English Dictionary and is believed to be derived from the Greek word chronios (χρόνιος), meaning "long-term".[4]

Another oft-quoted source is the supposed Irish term Comh-Roghna, said by Daniel Cassidy to translate as "close pals", or mutual friends.[5] However, Daniel Cassidy's work is untrustworthy. The word comhrogha [ˈkoʊraʊə or ˈkoʊreɪ, depending on dialect] does not have the meanings of pal or friend and Cassidy failed to provide any evidence for his definition. In reality, comhrogha (older spelling comroga) means alternative or rival.[6]'

[Highlights mine]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronyism

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Previous claims for Irish origins of cronyism have been largely discredited.

'The word "crony" first appeared in 17th-century London, according to the Oxford English Dictionary and is believed to be derived from the Greek word chronios (χρόνιος), meaning "long-term".[4]

Another oft-quoted source is the supposed Irish term Comh-Roghna, said by Daniel Cassidy to translate as "close pals", or mutual friends.[5] However, Daniel Cassidy's work is untrustworthy. The word comhrogha [ˈkoʊraʊə or ˈkoʊreɪ, depending on dialect] does not have the meanings of pal or friend and Cassidy failed to provide any evidence for his definition. In reality, comhrogha (older spelling comroga) means alternative or rival.[6]'

[Highlights mine]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronyism

Thanks pal!

I can truly say that I learned something today.