Baseball vs Florida - Game 1

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These announcers don't even know baseball. One just said that the UF batter "got a piece of that" on a strikeout where Wright dropped the ball and had to throw him out at first. If he'd gotten a piece of it he'd still be batting smart guy.

Casey struggling for command today, but that arms already got over 110 innings in it. Stetsons ace crapped the bed yesterday, Singer’s off today...it’s almost an inevitability toward the end of the season with these young arms. To be honest, not that I’m taking the defeatist approach, but a super and Casey getting that number one draft pick have made this season for me. You’re facing the defending national champion at their place with two guys who went first round in their rotation. It’s competitive so far, which is all you can ask 

Quick AU inning at the plate....... Singer got out of last two innings in less than 20 pitches.....but maybe just one more from him. 

2 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

These announcers don't even know baseball. One just said that the UF batter "got a piece of that" on a strikeout where Wright dropped the ball and had to throw him out at first. If he'd gotten a piece of it he'd still be batting smart guy.

I noticed all of that too.  The color guy Perez is completely clueless.    Dari typically doesn't do a bad job, but they are horrible today and basically making stuff up (referencing the sequence you outlined above).    This is on the flagship network too.  You would think they could have selected a better crew to cover this series.  Unfortunately we are going to be getting them tomorrow and Monday, if game is needed.  

UF is a good and experienced tournament team.  Our guys have not been in this situation. 1st game struggles.  We'll get better. 

6 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Casey struggling for command today, but that arms already got over 110 innings in it. Stetsons ace crapped the bed yesterday, Singer’s off today...it’s almost an inevitability toward the end of the season with these young arms. To be honest, not that I’m taking the defeatist approach, but a super and Casey getting that number one draft pick have made this season for me. You’re facing the defending national champion at their place with two guys who went first round in their rotation. It’s competitive so far, which is all you can ask 

And by struggling for command, I mean relative to an extremely high standard. The 2-RBI hit down the right field line was just a perfect example of opposite field hitting on a ball low and away

Another walk by Mize.  4 walks this game is very unlike him.  Coach Smith needs to get his attention. 

7 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I noticed all of that too.  The color guy Perez is completely clueless.    Dari typically doesn't do a bad job, but they are horrible today and basically making stuff up (referencing the sequence you outlined above).    This is on the flagship network too.  You would think they could have selected a better crew to cover this series.  Unfortunately we are going to be getting them tomorrow and Monday, if game is needed.  

Agreed. I’m increasingly turning the volume down on baseball games. More and more of these crews never shut up. They should all go to Vin Scully school for a few weeks. 

Archived