Baseball vs Florida Game 2

2 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Someone asked about Davis Daniel he threw 42 pitches Saturday. I think he’s available for probably an inning or so. Probably not a lot. Greenhill probably could give us 15-20 pitches. 

And on left field, I’m not sure what’s going on with Jeremy Johnson. I won’t be shocked to see him play, but I’d be pretty surprised. IMO other than a new face, you don’t get much from Johnson that Ward can’t give. Both are good defensively, probably a step up from Davis. Neither is a great bat, although Ward being LH against Leftwich might be a better matchup. Just don’t see them making that change. 

Thanks for the info. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez that’s getting late 

Andrew Mitchell tomorrow? 

44 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Andrew Mitchell tomorrow? 

Yep. He’s facing Jack Leftwich, the same guy who started for Florida in game three earlier in the year. 

13 hours ago, boomstick said:

Yep. He’s facing Jack Leftwich, the same guy who started for Florida in game three earlier in the year. 

Has UF announced their starter yet? Might be possible we see Mace. 

56 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Has UF announced their starter yet? Might be possible we see Mace. 

Yeah, they’re throwing Leftwich. He’s the guy we faced on Sunday back in April. Julien hit the 3-run bomb in the first, and then he shut us down. 

Anyone heard WHY we have the late game.  Don’t think we were last to finish yesterday. I know the two late games were deciding games but I’m pretty sure others were later than us that are playing earlier today.

4 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Anyone heard WHY we have the late game.  Don’t think we were last to finish yesterday. I know the two late games were deciding games but I’m pretty sure others were later than us that are playing earlier today.

Primetime. Game is being broadcast on ESPN (I think?) and is being regarded as essentially a push by a lot of the media. 

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Yeah, they’re throwing Leftwich. He’s the guy we faced on Sunday back in April. Julien hit the 3-run bomb in the first, and then he shut us down. 

Yikes.....

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yikes.....

If it makes you feel any better, he's 0-4 with a 6.85 ERA since that Auburn start. He's gone 23.2 IP allowing 29 and 20 runs. His big calling card is his 32 K/8 BB ratio, but 6 of those 8 walks came in his last two starts. 

1 minute ago, boomstick said:

If it makes you feel any better, he's 0-4 with a 6.85 ERA since that Auburn start. He's gone 23.2 IP allowing 29 and 20 runs. His big calling card is his 32 K/8 BB ratio, but 6 of those 8 walks came in his last two starts. 

Mace is one who bothers me....has some junk of the type some of our guys like to swing at ...

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Mace is one who bothers me....has some junk of the type some of our guys like to swing at ...

Leftwich and Tyler Dyson are the same. All have a really good, hard biting slider to couple with a strong fastball. Location and command is the bugaboo of them all. We can't expand the zone for them. Mace and Dyson don't have the K numbers that Leftwich does though. If we get to see Dyson or Mace, I think that's a good sign for us.

45 minutes ago, boomstick said:

When we are taking good at bats ... like the first 3 innings against singer ... we typically up a pitchers BB/game numbers.  singer walked 2 or 3 and also hit a couple guys.  Then we stopped taking good at bats till the last couple of innings yesterday.  Butch had a couple of quotes about tonights game that make me thing he let them know their at bats were not good enough.  If we can go a full game like the above mentioned 5-ish innings, then we can win.

for entertainment purposes only  ?

Auburn

o10½-110
+160
Florida

u10½-110

3 hours ago, boomstick said:

I just want Auburn to make this guy go through toil and trouble for his outs. Win the battle. No swinging at balls in the dirt for strike 3....

Archived