Baseball vs Florida Game 2

What's the problem with CD at the plate? Not sure I understand what's going on with him . It must be so frustrating for that kid.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooner or later the Auburn defense will make a mistake if they keep getting tested in this game. Hope Tanner can get his nerves under control. 

Connor Davis. I hope we don’t see him in left field ever again after this season. Wonder why the staff never looked into having Julien playing out there

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Jeremy Johnson needs an opportunity in left. I think he’d play better than the two we are playing there currently are playing 

Neither Davis or Ward are special enough at the plate to continue playing them.  We have got to have better LF play and hitting. 

10 minutes ago, au302 said:

Connor Davis. I hope we don’t see him in left field ever again after this season. Wonder why the staff never looked into having Julien playing out there

Davis just doesn’t have the speed to play the outfield. Obvious struggles at the plate right now from both him and Ward. I’m hoping my point is being made here that JEREMY JOHNSON NEEDS AN OPPORTUNITY 

Davis just doesn’t have the speed to play the outfield. Obvious struggles at the plate right now from both him and Ward. I’m hoping my point is being made here that JEREMY JOHNSON NEEDS AN OPPORTUNITY 

There has to be a reason JJ is not playing......obviously CBT does not consider him as a better option. 

I agree. Johnson’s performed well when given opportunities. Davis has more potential at the plate than Ward but hasn’t shown it. Ward is decent in the field but nowhere close to where he needs to be at the plate 

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I agree. Johnson’s performed well when given opportunities. Davis has more potential at the plate than Ward but hasn’t shown it. Ward is decent in the field but nowhere close to where he needs to be at the plate 

Johnson has been an on-base guy and has a fine glove, and good speed. Maybe just the experience thing is what is keeping Butch from it, but that’s gotta be where you look 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Johnson has been an on-base guy and has a fine glove, and good speed. Maybe just the experience thing is what is keeping Butch from it, but that’s gotta be where you look 

Yep. And let’s not forget we still have senior Bowen McGuffin on the bench. Bowen’s not great at all and Johnson’s definitely better but it is what it is I guess

Venter hitting way too many pop ups 

Struck out 3 times yesterday.  At least he is getting the bat on the ball today. 

Archived