Baseball vs Florida Game 2

And a big shout out to Burns!! He got himself in some binds but he’s a gamer!! And just a Freshman. Something about this kid I just love.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great signs at the plate late. Holland finally wakes up in the 8th, and Estes/Jarvis give great ABs in the 9th. If those cats are hitting, we’re a long, torturous lineup. Looking forward to tomorrow!! War eagle!

See, zero outs wasted on sacrifices and we WIN! WTG, Coach Thompson!

OK, just having a little fun with my buntophile buddies here. :)

Proud moment for Luke Jarvis. Doing a great job representing AU on ESPN interview right now. 

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

And a big shout out to Burns!! He got himself in some binds but he’s a gamer!! And just a Freshman. Something about this kid I just love.

Yeah he's got that toughness that makes him great. He has a really bright future ahead of him. 

Well son of a gun....walked in the door from a big church potluck event in time to see Jarvis with his walk off double.  3-2.sounds like I didn't miss anything..?

8 pages on here....will have to go back to page 1 and take the conversation in order...considering the outcome, should be interesting to watch the emotional ups and downs of the posters on this thread.

Great clutch hit....and off the Florida ace reliever no less....

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Proud moment for Luke Jarvis. Doing a great job representing AU on ESPN interview right now. 

He is such a great young man. He has been very instrumental in Auburn's success this season. He's a heckuva college baseball player.

So assuming we start Mitchell tomorrow, would Calvin be the first guy out the pen? And does anyone think Daniel and/or Greenhill could give us an inning or two?

1 minute ago, au302 said:

So assuming we start Mitchell tomorrow, would Calvin be the first guy out the pen? And does anyone think Daniel and/or Greenhill could give us an inning or two?

DD wasn't in that long yesterday was he? After this game today....yesterday seem like 10 years ago...lol.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

But the 9th inning heroics were set up by Julien's failed bunt attempts.  ?    ?

Just now, au302 said:

Daniel can give us all we need out of him. He'l be working off a short stint and a full day's rest. Greenhill's availability depends on how his body reacts to work. His coach will know this, we don't. There's no hard and fast rule as to when a pitcher can throw again, it's an individual thing.

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Yes.  All hands or arms should be available except Burns and possibly Mize. 

I would say all 'arms' on deck except Burns....even Mize could pitch to a batter if needed to win the game....I'm sure he would like a little redemption from his game on Saturday...

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

AU is one of the worst bunting teams I have ever seen. I certainly understand trying to get a runner in scoring position, but continuing to ask players who are terrible at bunting to try to bunt just does not compute.  

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

But the 9th inning heroics were set up by Julien's failed bunt attempts.  ?    ?

Those only cost us one strike, but who knows? Maybe that strike would have been a walkoff for our top clutch power hitter?

Just now, Mikey said:

Daniel can give us all we need out of him. He'l be working off a short stint and a full day's rest. Greenhill's availability depends on how his body reacts to work. His coach will know this, we don't. There's no hard and fast rule as to when a pitcher can throw again, it's an individual thing.

That's what I thought about DD

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

AU is one of the worst bunting teams I have ever seen. I certainly understand trying to get a runner in scoring position, but continuing to ask players who are terrible at bunting to try to bunt just does not compute.  

I think if there's a decent runner on 1st, we have a better chance of stealing 2nd than bunting him over. I believe our stolen base % is higher than the successful bunt %.

2 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Big Canada is not the worst at bunting. The ones who really stink at it are the beefy guys....Venter, Wright and Davis. It just hurts me to watch those guys even attempt it. 

Very proud of these guys. I tell you what, I’m two years if Burns isn’t a top 5 draft pick, then I’ll be a Monkeys Uncle. I think he could be as good or better than Mize. Here’s to one more game, War Eagle!!!

Butch will have to do a monumental job of getting his guys to move on from this one, Gators with a clear advantage experience wise (been there done that just last year vs Wake).  

Andrew Mitchell has been coming like a freight train over the last month, bats are starting to wake up.  Track em Tigers...give ‘em hell you war damn eagles. 

Think we’re likely in a better pitching situation than the Gators. Think we’ll see Leftwich tomorrow. 

Archived