Baseball vs Florida Game 2

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

I would say all 'arms' on deck except Burns....even Mize could pitch to a batter if needed to win the game....I'm sure he would like a little redemption from his game on Saturday...

Save Mize for the last 2-3 innings.  Once around the lineup is his sweet spot right now ;).

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Well son of a gun....walked in the door from a big church potluck event in time to see Jarvis with his walk off double.  3-2.sounds like I didn't miss anything..?

8 pages on here....will have to go back to page 1 and take the conversation in order...considering the outcome, should be interesting to watch the emotional ups and downs of the posters on this thread.

Great clutch hit....and off the Florida ace reliever no less....

It's 8 pages of sunshine and rainbows.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Big Canada is not the worst at bunting. The ones who really stink at it are the beefy guys....Venter, Wright and Davis. It just hurts me to watch those guys even attempt it. 

Seems like he laid down a really nice bunt against Army the other night, didn’t he?

21 minutes ago, fredst said:

Seems like he laid down a really nice bunt against Army the other night, didn’t he?

Venter...very nice bunt...advanced two runners.....much better than hitting into a double play propping up...or striking out.

22 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Venter...very nice bunt...advanced two runners.....much better than hitting into a double play propping up...or striking out.

He got lucky on that one. He hasn't been good at it for the most part.

28 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He got lucky on that one. He hasn't been good at it for the most part.

lately he's been fortunate to get a base hit....'worked out well in that case.....and could have been worse...'

I just read that Florida is 30-6 at home this year (2 of the 6 were the pitching duo of Burns/Greenhill) and they haven’t lost back to back at home since April of 2017.....Let’s break that streak tomorrow!

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Stop going to work when Auburn has a lead! 

Hey! No harm, no foul! The walk-off was a better way to win it anyways. :P I hate that I missed it, I was listening/watching the game on the drive to work and pulled up as soon as Jarvis came up to bat so I missed the walk-off but I knew that we were going to win. Now, I'm off tomorrow and can actually watch the entire game tomorrow night. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I didnt have a problem with a bunt at that time. Big Canada's odds of striking out are good unfortunately and we needed to move the runner. That's just baseball.

13 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I didnt have a problem with a bunt at that time. Big Canada's odds of striking out are good unfortunately and we needed to move the runner. That's just baseball.

Lately we have had too many runners on base and left them right where they were ...K's or pop outs or something that does not advance them.  a failed bunt is not the worst thing that can happen....

However......good rally to get the walk-off from behind.....AU has not been too good at that and nice to see some good at bats that resulted in walks rather than Ks when the batter swung at pitch wide of the strike zone.....good  discipline which we have lacked in clutch situations. .  

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Is anyone in agreement Jeremy Johnson should play left field tomorrow? Davis and Ward have been not good 

I’m in complete agreement, but I would still be surprised to see it happen. 

Josh Anthony might be becoming one of my favorite AU athletes of all time. Dude's just always energetic and electric. He was the first one out there to Jarvis after the walkoff. He's a team-first guy. He has had his struggles, but he's came up huge lately. Still pissed about him not getting drafted. And Estes, who had a game today again too. Here's to hoping they have a couple of more games as an Auburn Tiger, and then go on to find a spot somewhere in the minors. 

6 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Josh Anthony might be becoming one of my favorite AU athletes of all time. Dude's just always energetic and electric. He was the first one out there to Jarvis after the walkoff. He's a team-first guy. He has had his struggles, but he's came up huge lately. Still pissed about him not getting drafted. And Estes, who had a game today again too. Here's to hoping they have a couple of more games as an Auburn Tiger, and then go on to find a spot somewhere in the minors. 

I just love Josh. He's a very hard worker and he always gives 100%. He's been a favorite of mine since he got to AU. Something about him is just so likable. 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Is anyone in agreement Jeremy Johnson should play left field tomorrow? Davis and Ward have been not good 

Huh? Ward is pretty good defensively. He's still learning how to hit in the SEC, but he's fast and very athletic.  If JJ could break out then CBT would let him start.

40 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Huh? Ward is pretty good defensively. He's still learning how to hit in the SEC, but he's fast and very athletic.  If JJ could break out then CBT would let him start.

Agree but I could be a little bias due to him being from Russellville

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I agree but it won't happen.  Look for Davis to be back out there. 

6 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Incredibly dumb to have Julien bunting.  Unbelievable!!

I think they were playing percentages. Julien struggles quite a bit more against lefties than righties. Bunt moves the runner to second and avoids a double play and also avoids an unproductive out, like a K, which Julien is prone to do. When they made the pitching change to a RHP, they changed the plan and let Julien swing because his splits say he’s better against RHP, but it still resulted in the unproductive out. I think we probably should’ve kept the bunt on to try to avoid the K, but I like the decision in that situation given the hitter at the plate. Julien has great potential but also a lot of swing and miss. Could’ve been a big opportunity missed if he didn’t get the bunt down and Estes doesn’t come up with a hit. 

Someone asked about Davis Daniel he threw 42 pitches Saturday. I think he’s available for probably an inning or so. Probably not a lot. Greenhill probably could give us 15-20 pitches. 

And on left field, I’m not sure what’s going on with Jeremy Johnson. I won’t be shocked to see him play, but I’d be pretty surprised. IMO other than a new face, you don’t get much from Johnson that Ward can’t give. Both are good defensively, probably a step up from Davis. Neither is a great bat, although Ward being LH against Leftwich might be a better matchup. Just don’t see them making that change. 

Archived