2019 4* WR Jalen "Boobie" Curry

roe4christ

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I was hoping we would get a commitment this weekend from someone. I guess we will have to be patient and wait for great things to pop up!

Very possible curry pops this weekend

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Very possible curry pops this weekend

Man OH MAN it would feel so great to get our first WR commit from texas since I believe Emory Blake. That worked out well for us last time! WAR DAMN!

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

He can commit but don’t pop the boobie!!

That would leave us all a little flat

This guy has a greats set of hands. He needs to join the fam.

I know talk was about a commitment this weekend but the staff is on a much needed vacation.  So anyone that commits won’t be some out of the blue commitment it’ll be from players we are the obvious leaders for.  

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I know talk was about a commitment this weekend but the staff is on a much needed vacation.  So anyone that commits won’t be some out of the blue commitment it’ll be from players we are the obvious leaders for.  

They are staying in touch with recruits even while on Vaca so if they & Curry are ready to pop then he will & Gus will have his minion send a BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! TWEET.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

They are staying in touch with recruits even while on Vaca so if they & Curry are ready to pop then he will & Gus will have his minion send a BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! TWEET.

Correct.  But I think Curry wants some of the excitement about him and not get buried in vacation/4th of July stuff. My opinion is he comes aboard the week prior to the BBQ

TIGERS TRENDING WITH LONE STAR RECEIVER

An official visit a couple of weeks ago has Auburn among the favorites for one of the nation’s top wide receiver prospects.

Four-star Jalen Curry from St. Pius X in Houston, Texas currently lists the Tigers along with Tennessee and LSU in his top three.

“Auburn is definitely up there,” Curry said. “Very good program and first school to offer me so I’ll always remember that. They were the first school to believe in me and a very successful program. The environment there is very cool, I feel comfortable there, and the academics are very good as well.

“I really liked it my first go-around, felt comfortable there. And the same thing, I felt comfortable there coming back.”

Curry plans to return to Auburn for a cookout on July 28. He could be committing at about the same time too.

“I’ll maybe commit at the end of July. If not, I may commit for the early signing day,” he said. “I’m just listening to what everybody has to say, evaluating everything and making sure I make the best decision for me and my family.”

Curry, who is rated a four-star and the nation’s No. 14 wide receiver and No. 72 overall prospect, remains open to other schools. He’s still talking with Florida State, a school he originally committed to, and Texas A&M, where many of the Seminoles former coaches including Jimbo Fisher currently reside.

The #RivalsChallenge Stock Report: Wide receivers/Tight ends

STOCK STEADY

Curry was consistently good throughout the camp. He made catches during one-on-ones, made some tough grabs during 7-on-7 and proved he’s a top-100 player in the class. Curry was reliable all camp, showed up throughout the day and made an impression. Auburn, Oklahoma and others are in the mix.

On 7/1/2018 at 9:24 PM, ellitor said:

Wg68jBC.gif?noredirect

I hope those over the shoulder catches don't bounce away.

Curry looks like that Quan Bray/Ryan Davis type. Has a knack for getting open and running in space. Also has that Kodi Burns blocking ability... he'll be a good one in college

21 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Curry looks like that Quan Bray/Ryan Davis type.

:dunno:

Jalen Curry 6-2.5 197

Quan Bray 5-11 178

Ryan Davis 5-10.5 172

FWIW Ja'Varrius Johnson will be playing the role of Quay Bray/Ryan Davis for the class.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

:dunno:

Jalen Curry 6-2.5 197

Quan Bray 5-11 178

Ryan Davis 5-10.5 172

FWIW Ja'Varrius Johnson will be playing the role of Quay Bray/Ryan Davis for the class.

Maybe just because his hudl shows a ton of his screen work and playing out of the slot? 

I see him as a Slayton type but I’m a little unsure of his top speed — it’s hard to gauge from the tape. Curry will be a nice big target who can also catch screens nicely

24 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Maybe just because his hudl shows a ton of his screen work and playing out of the slot? 

I see him as a Slayton type but I’m a little unsure of his top speed — it’s hard to gauge from the tape. Curry will be a nice big target who can also catch screens nicely

Other than Sammie once in a while I don't remember Gus using his biWRs in screens much.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Other than Sammie once in a while I don't remember Gus using his biWRs in screens much.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I know TZach and Rico ran the jet sweep a lot but it does seem like he's usually had the smaller, shifty guys run those screens out of the slot.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I know TZach and Rico ran the jet sweep a lot but it does seem like he's usually had the smaller, shifty guys run those screens out of the slot.

Very true.

Since '13, the big bodies are for bombs.

49 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

This is more of what I meant. Screen plays/crossing routes in a lot of those plays. A few "go get it" balls but I like the guy in space.

Archived