2019 4* WR Jalen "Boobie" Curry

roe4christ

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This is more of what I meant. Screen plays/crossing routes in a lot of those plays. A few "go get it" balls but I like the guy in space.

Ya I gotcha! I think our coaches actually try to get Slayton and the like screens but the plays just never develop in a good way. Fly routes are what our split ends do well, but especially earlier in the season we tried those screens. Too bad all they brought in the GaSo game was a Slayton fumble, 2 incompletions, and an almost INT ?

Everybody else is right though, we don’t use our big guys for anything other than bombs for the most part. (Kyle Davis, you were the chosen one!)

I do agree that Curry looks much better in space than his big frame would suggest!! I’m excited for this guy and ready for him to commit

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a Boobie update...

Rivals100 WR high on Auburn, could return soon

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

@JLeeAURivals

Rivals100 wide receiver Jalen "Boobie" Curry took an official visit to Auburn in June and left with high marks for the Tigers.

A month later, nothing has changed.

“They are definitely still one of my top schools,” Curry said. “I really like it at Auburn. I like the coaches and it feels like home.”

Curry, from St. Pius X in Houston, Texas, already plans to return to Auburn, and hopes to do so soon.

“I’m most likely going back (July 28),” Curry said. “And I’ll definitely be back for a game in the fall.”

Curry stays in contact with Auburn wide receivers coach Kodi Burns. He has since Burns first offered him as a freshman. Curry’s relationship with Burns, as well as with offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey and coach Gus Malzahn, are big reasons Auburn is among his favorites.

“I talk to Coach Burns, Coach Lindsey and Coach Malzahn,” Curry said. “They are all really good guys and I can tell that they really care about me a lot and really want me. It feels really good.

“They were the first school to offer me and that’s a big deal to me. For them to have believed in me my freshman year and to still be recruiting me lets me know that they wanted me from the get-go. They didn’t offer me just to offer me – they really wanted me.”

The interest is mutual. Curry has Auburn on his list of top schools, which also includes Tennessee, LSU and Florida State. He’s planning an official visit to Arizona, but “just to enjoy myself.” Curry’s quarterback at St. Pius X, Grant Gunnell, is committed to the Wildcats.

Curry has not set a date for announcing his commitment. It could come in July, August or even October.

“I’ll either do it right before the season or I might commit on ESPN on my birthday, Oct. 5,” Curry said.

As a junior, Curry had 122 receptions for 1,576 yards (12.9 avg.) and 18 touchdowns. Rivals ranks Curry, who is 6-foot-3 and weighs 190 pounds, the No. 14 wide receiver in the 2019 class, No. 72 in the Rivals100 and the No. 9 overall recruit in Texas.

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

"They were the first school to offer me and that’s a big deal to me."

I somehow missed that. Big deal, indeed. Ours was the first staff to offer a top-100 player in Texas? That's impressive. Did Hand have anything to do with that?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I somehow missed that. Big deal, indeed. Ours was the first staff to offer a top-100 player in Texas? That's impressive. Did Hand have anything to do with that?

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

He has since Burns first offered him as a freshman. 

@McLoofus I am going to say that Hand didn't have anything to do with it unless he called our staff up and told us to look at a kid they were thinking about recruiting.

46 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

@McLoofus I am going to say that Hand didn't have anything to do with it unless he called our staff up and told us to look at a kid they were thinking about recruiting.

I hear ya. Just that Hand was still around here when he was a freshman, *I think*, and he might've put Kodi on the scent. Not persisting with the theory, just explaining why I pulled that one out of m'rear. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I hear ya. Just that Hand was still around here when he was a freshman, *I think*, and he might've put Kodi on the scent. Not persisting with the theory, just explaining why I pulled that one out of m'rear. 

Herb had just come from Penn St. when we offered. I doubt he was recruiting Texas much while in Pennsylvania.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Herb had just come from Penn St. when we offered. I doubt he was recruiting Texas much while in Pennsylvania.

For some reason I thought he had prior Texas ties. 

Oklahoma is basically just Texas's hat? Yeah, I got nothin'. 

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

For some reason I thought he had prior Texas ties. 

Oklahoma is basically just Texas's hat? Yeah, I got nothin'. 

Flip that. Oklahoma is Texas' toilet paper

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's only Baja Oklahoma but it's Texas in my heart. Or so the song went.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I guess there is a big Texas turd to go with the toilet paper!

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I guess there is a big Texas turd to go with the toilet paper!

Na. That’z New Mexico.

• 2 weeks later...

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Big if true.

Yawn dot gif

Agreed, it’s nice when we know we’re still in a top _ group but it usually isn’t surprising one way or another until they get it to 3 or less.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, it’s nice when we know we’re still in a top _ group but it usually isn’t surprising one way or another until they get it to 3 or less.

I've really got to just get over it. It is incredibly dumb and annoying to me that we are at a place where kids are compelled to announce that they are going to announce a top whatever but it is clearly here to stay and me whining about it is not going to make it any better.

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've really got to just get over it. It is incredibly dumb and annoying to me that we are at a place where kids are compelled to announce that they are going to announce a top whatever but it is clearly here to stay and me whining about it is not going to make it any better.

5 or less doesn't bother me since that's the number of OVs they can take. Anything more than that is just absurd.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

5 or less doesn't bother me since that's the number of OVs they can take. Anything more than that is just absurd.

I should add that I hope we're on that list and I hope we're on his final list of 1, too. Really like this guy. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

THIS IS EXACTLY the kind of reaction from you I wanted when I posted that!!!!!!! You delivered even more than my wildest imaginations and did not let down one bit!!!!!! lol WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO do not change. It is hilarious hahaha.

bait.gif

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

THIS IS EXACTLY the kind of reaction from you I wanted when I posted that!!!!!!! You delivered even more than my wildest imaginations and did not let down one bit!!!!!! lol WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO do not change. It is hilarious hahaha.

bait.gif

Image result for old man computer gif

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for old man computer gif

been there, done that!

Archived