Peyton Glavine

Anybody know where things stand with Peyton?  Has he been dealing with an injury, or is he just not panning out yet?

From what I understand, he just needs to get stronger and work on his location more. He’s playing summer ball so hopefully he can get some quality work and make some improvements. 

1 hour ago, eulessau said:

Anybody know where things stand with Peyton?  Has he been dealing with an injury, or is he just not panning out yet?

He wasn't really a super prospect. I read that he needed to develop a good bit physically and get some more pop on the fastball.

5 hours ago, au302 said:

Hope he develops, would hate for him to be the next Daniel Sprinkle and transfer 

Uh Sprinkle was a 15th round draft pick out of high school. Glavine 37th. I wouldn't consider them comparable prospects.

Glavine was probably our lowest prospect.  He was drafted and offered off of his bloodlines and borderline talent.  If he develops at all it is a heck of a bonus, if not it should not be seen as a disappointment.  With master jedi Thompson instructing the pitchers I am optimistic with every pitcher we sign, especially after a full year of instruction.

6 hours ago, au302 said:

Hope he develops, would hate for him to be the next Daniel Sprinkle and transfer 

The success of the Auburn program will not hinge on lil' Glav's progression.  Butch Thompson wanted Sprinkle at Auburn, did a monumental job getting him here and gave him more than ample opportunity to succeed...and nobody has brought up his name in nearly a year.  Not that it matters, but have you followed his "development" at Henderson State?  http://hsusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3196

6 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The success of the Auburn program will not hinge on lil' Glav's progression.  Butch Thompson wanted Sprinkle at Auburn, did a monumental job getting him here and gave him more than ample opportunity to succeed...and nobody has brought up his name in nearly a year.  Not that it matters, but have you followed his "development" at Henderson State?  http://hsusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3196

Yep....DS is probably a good kid but also probably vastly over-rated while in HS as seems to happen with kids from Arkansas.    I did not recall that CBT had been he one to bring him to AU but in the case of  DS, I'd call that a swing and a miss.   

Meanwhile I'm not counting on young Mr. Glavine......and instead,  hoping that CBT finds another Tanner Burns or Cody Greenhill...or maybe a couple of them for the next season.  What a great job TB has done as the season progressed.....and CG too.      TB is not quite Casey Mize yet IMO, but just a tick behind him perhaps.

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I didn’t mean to compare them from a talent standpoint, so my apologies for that. But I still hope it works out for the kid even if the programs future doesn’t depend on him. Also, anyone know what happened to Ryan Watson? 

Well I really hope Peyton becomes a great pitcher at AU maybe daddy will give a nice big donation $$$$ to baseball...............hint hint

glavine will have to develop his dads savvy, pinpoint accuracy and winners mentality.  plus a couple of killer secondary pitches.  if i recall, he was given the opportunity to throw against his uncle (Northeastern) and got promptly destroyed.  He had about a mid 80's fastball and got rocked.  He probably never gets that opportunity if it wasn't family.  I applaud CBT for doing it, but glavine wasn't ready.  He will have to baffle hitters by outsmarting them or make some fundamental change that is off-putting to hitters.

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Glavine was probably our lowest prospect.  He was drafted and offered off of his bloodlines and borderline talent.  If he develops at all it is a heck of a bonus, if not it should not be seen as a disappointment.  With master jedi Thompson instructing the pitchers I am optimistic with every pitcher we sign, especially after a full year of instruction.

I love the "Jedi" comparison!

Archived