Baseball vs. Florida game 3

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Been saying it all year, you're a helluva' a baseball mama....

Hey Thanks!!!

I just love the game. College baseball is so great. And it's Auburn......::)

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fredst said:

What an incredibly s——y to an incredibly good game. Defense made unbelievable plays to keep us in it and then that. Oh well, WDE anyway! Proud of how they fought, just could not come up with the timely hit to pair with the defensive gems...

For all the Web Gems, that ending is a Not Top 10 for sure. Williams will have a long time to think about that one. Gonna be a long offseason for him but overall, the team achieved more than anticipated and the young guys got valuable experience in high stress situations. 

Just now, around4ever said:

I didn't want to say anything earlier but Miss State is the only team in the CWS that didn't host a Super.  We almost got there.  

Yep. We fans don't make the rules pairings, but it surely stinks to give teams Home Field advantages in a one series playoff. Of course, it's all about money and attendance. Still it is not fair by any means.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

For all the Web Gems, that ending is a Not Top 10 for sure. Williams will have a long time to think about that one. Gonna be a long offseason for him but overall, the team achieved more than anticipated and the young guys got valuable experience in high stress situations. 

Come on now.....Auburn had other chances. That play alone did not lose the game for the Tigers. 

Man we were close ... sigh. 

Softball and baseball ends on a walk off homer. Softball with inside the park to right field on a missed dive. Baseball with a ball off the glove in right field.

Thank you AU baseball for getting us oh so close!  Just loved the pitching effort. 

Outside of Mize, our pitching was phenomenal all weekend, which is really odd to say, but gives a lot of hope for the program the next few years.  This team has a lot of young talent. Now we just got to pay Thompson and make sure to keep him around. 

Just now, au701948 said:

Regardless of this outcome, it is still better to be an Auburn Tiger any day than having to live as a Florida Fan all your life.

Love this!!! 

they played their hearts out. Unfortunately 6 months from now all I will Remember is a stolen base and ball getting semi swatted over the fence.   That will stay with him for a lifetime and he doesn't deserve to have to live with that.

9 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Nah, it's ******* ignorant.

Go back and look at my post, I said “this series” not “this season.” They were like a combined 2-20 and are the heart of the order. No doubt they got us to this point and all 3 had great seasons for sure. War Eagle tho, love this team

Ok, I sucked it up and watched the replay. I though on intial view Williams helped the ball over. He did not in my estimation. It was gone and he almost saved it. I said “pathetic” earlier and I was wrong and I deleted that post. I also now feel 100% better about the loss. I hate Cody gave up the HR but this was setting up that way. No one was going to string hits together. And Williams didn’t give UF a HR.

What a night, what a season, what a team.

17 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Nope. UF scores 3 runs and AU scores 2. Had all to play for and fell a couple of hits short. And to have that error to lose it just hurts. I feel bad for Williams but that’s just not a way to go out. 

I know. Just feels like this happens way more to us, and that happens way more to Florida. 

So this is what it felt like to be a Georgia fan on Nov. 16th, 2013...

Just now, jared52 said:

Not the same. If Williams doesn’t touch it, it goes out anyway. 

I don’t care, I wasn’t implying that. Just some comic relief. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Not the same. If Williams doesn’t touch it, it goes out anyway. 

True.  But the actual scoring should be an error and not a HR. 

17 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I didn't want to say anything earlier but Miss State is the only team in the CWS that didn't host a Super.  We almost got there.  

Actually, Miss State winning was great for Auburn. Now we most likely get Butch secured to a new contract extension for sure. Miss State can’t take away what the interim coach (Anderson?) has done for them this season. More cowbell!  

Just now, jw 4 au said:

Actually, Miss State winning was great for Auburn. Now we most likely get Butch secured to a new contract extension for sure. Miss State can’t take away what the interim coach (Anderson?) has done for them this season. More cowbell!  

No?  Just watch them do it. 

I had that happen to me one time. I was 17 then and I still remember it. Yeah, it was going out if I didn't touch it but the damn thing Hit My Glove and I didn't catch it! Of course, my stage was much smaller but I still remember the feeling and Williams will remember it 50 years from now, I guarantee.

That having been said, 2 runs over 11 innings aren't going to win many games but we gave it a tremendous shot. I'm very proud of the season this team has had and am looking forward to next year.

Proud of this team, regardless. They fought to the last out. High character guys with a bunch of heart. That's what baseball is all about. The future is bright. We'll be back. War eagle, guys! 

Archived