Baseball vs. Florida game 3

I’m very salty because it just dad gum looked like our boys wanted that game a little more than Florida did. Battling on the mound and on defense. That’s what I’m most upset for this team about is that this is nothing new for Florida and I just thought this team deserved to go to omaha. Good lesson that life ain’t fair, but man. I feel like I did after the 2013 champ game. Just felt like we wanted that one more, and the other team gets a fluke at the end to win it. 

Having said all of this, I am some kind of excited to see this team next season. The pitching for this team is coming into form, especially if Davis Daniel does end up returning. We’re gonna need to have more consistent approaches to the plate, but next year is gonna be something else. So dern proud of this team battling. Taking that 4-8 start in SEC play, turning it around on sunday against Miss State and getting the season mojo going, getting 2 wins in Gainesville Florida, and being competitive in a total of 4 out of 6 of those games. Sweeping Bama, sweeping Vandy, besting LSU on the last day of the regular season then storming into Hoover and beating Ole Miss after getting swept earlier in the season. Then dominating that Raleigh Regional and showing the world, tonight, that they belong in the college baseball contender talk. 

We were one of the nine teams remaining in college baseball this year. What a show and what a ride. War Eagle 

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at a work convention and had to miss the game.  Got updates all night from friends and just saw the highlights.  Man, what hard way to lose.  But I'm so damn proud of this team.  If we draw anyone other than Florida, I think we're in Omaha.  The future of AU baseball is bright folks.  WDE

Just sad the way it ended but it a life lesson to learn. Feel bad for the boys and I sure it was a long ride back to Auburn. But it was a damn good baseball game we saw by both teams. Gator fans showed some class giving DD a nice hand when he came out of the game. Just got to hold on to Butch anyway we can. 

Also feel bad for my Russellville boy Cody but man what a catch by my other Russellville kid Ward out in left. Dang over 20 years since we've been to Omaha

Also 25 pages for a baseball game thread who would have ever thought that would happen..............................good job guys/gals

Archived