Baseball vs. Florida game 3

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Several of the strikes called on us were way off the plate. 

Umps are giving Leftwich those for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

We’re going to need 4 runs to win this thing. Just a feeling.

Someone posted earlier or was on tv ... we are 30-something and 1 when scoring 5 this year.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Can someone explain our bunting strategy? We bunt with  two outs and fail. Then in a 1-1 game we get the leadoff guy on and don't bunt, runner dies at first.

That bunt by Jarvis was an attempt for a base hit....which he is pretty good at but made it too easy for the pitcher to field.....as for sac bunts.....coaches have to get Mikey's permission which is hard to get these days.

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Actually he died at 2nd ... just sayin

OK but we didn't bunt. I'm just used to the strategy of bunting witth a man on first in a close game

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Can someone explain our bunting strategy? We bunt with  two outs and fail. Then in a 1-1 game we get the leadoff guy on and don't bunt, runner dies at first.

This team has not bunted much all season.  We are not a good  bunting team.  The 2 out bunt was probably batter's choice to try to surprise them.  As far as not attempting to bunt the runner over.  I agree with you. 

Announcers called that one. 

Mitchell made a huge mistake looking back to first.....gator stole home....can't recall the last time I saw that....obviously a planned play with the first base runner distracting the pitcher. 

got the other runner but score is now 2-1

Great call by O’Sullivan there....but we can’t do that! 

Archived