Next years pitching rotation

On 6/11/2018 at 9:31 PM, doc4aday said:

how do we look for the starting rotation?

Well before this weekend it was thought AU would move Davis Daniel to closer if he came back. Now that he has added a third pitch there is talk of keeping him in the rotation. So my guess is your weekend starters are 3 of Burns, DD, Greenhill & Freshman Garrett Wade.

On 6/11/2018 at 9:31 PM, doc4aday said:

We have to keep Butch no doubt as well as the rest of the staff. 2019 could be a little shaky with the starting rotation until they get their feet underneath them before we enter SEC play. 

We have 7 or 8 pitchers in this class, most lefties. TBH with that many arms to add to what we have I'm not worried about pitching w/ Butch & Smith coaching them.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:34 PM, doc4aday said:

I did not know that DD might leave. I hope he stays for all of his college eligibility.

Unlikely. If he stays this year he will be gone after his JR year next year.

19 hours ago, fredst said:

Throw it for strikes with a 94 mph four-seamer

Crazy thing is 94 is a slow day for DD.

Hey Ellitor! Who is the guy in your posting picture (Kenny)?  I get a kick out of the various pictures folks use. I stick to Corgis being that I own an 8 year old rescue Corgi named Max. Max will bite if you bother him when he is on his bed. My previous Corgi was a sweet female Corgi that we had for 11 years. As long as you treat Max on his own terms, things work great!

I like the incoming pitcher, (Skipper).  He sounds like he is the real deal and will bolster out pitching staff in seasons to come. You know, anything under 95 mph seems to be average. I love watching a pitcher throw 98 mph.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Who is the guy in your posting picture (Kenny)?

Kenny Omega. He’s a pro wrestler.. He’s the world champion in Japan and the leader of the most popular group in wrestling, The Bullet Club.

You know, anything under 95 mph seems to be average. I love watching a pitcher throw 98 mph.

Being able to throw 98 doesn’t matter if you don’t have much control. Pitching below 95 can be far from average if you know how to pitch and have control. See Greg Maddux

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Kenny Omega. He’s a pro wrestler.. He’s the world champion in Japan and the leader of the most popular group in wrestling, The Bullet Club.

Being able to throw 98 doesn’t matter if you don’t have much control. Pitching below 95 can be far from average if you know how to pitch and have control. See Greg Maddux

The reliever for the Braves can bring it. I think his name is Visciano. He hits 98 & 99 mph and have seen him hit 100 a few times. This was who I was referring to. I remember a reliever for the Braves back in the 90s named Mark Worhlers of something close that could hit 100 every few pitches.  Bob Gibson was clocked 102 & 103 Mph with control. Gibby was awesome!

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

"Pro Wrestling". Nothing personal E,. But it is not really wrestling right?   Maybe by name?  

Jamie Moyer comes to mind as a low speed ultra control type pitcher too.  

11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

The reliever for the Braves can bring it. I think his name is Visciano. He hits 98 & 99 mph and have seen him hit 100 a few times. This was who I was referring to. I remember a reliever for the Braves back in the 90s named Mark Worhlers of something close that could hit 100 every few pitches.  Bob Gibson was clocked 102 & 103 Mph with control. Gibby was awesome!

Not to hijack thread but Gibby would brush you back in a heart beat if you were crowding the plate. Not fun to stand in there with a 100 mph fastball headed toward your head.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well before this weekend it was thought AU would move Davis Daniel to closer if he came back. Now that he has added a third pitch there is talk of keeping him in the rotation. So my guess is your weekend starters are 3 of Burns, DD, Greenhill & Freshman Garrett Wade.

We have 7 or 8 pitchers in this class, most lefties. TBH with that many arms to add to what we have I'm not worried about pitching w/ Butch & Smith coaching them.

If Ryan Hoerter sticks around I am interested to see  his development under Thompson.  Has the frame and easy delivery that you want.  Put on some weight and increase the speed on the fastball and continue to develop the secondary pitches.  He was a late bloomer and a good find by Coach Bo

46 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

If Ryan Hoerter sticks around I am interested to see  his development under Thompson.  Has the frame and easy delivery that you want.  Put on some weight and increase the speed on the fastball and continue to develop the secondary pitches.  He was a late bloomer and a good find by Coach Bo

He's supposed to pitch for the Danville Dans in the Prospect League. I too am interested to follow him this summer and fall and see how he progresses.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

you are right about Maddux. Just enough power to match his control made him super awesome.  Maddux, Glavide, Smoltz,  Naegle, and Avery was about the best rotation in baseball as they came for many years for the Braves. 

Interesting talk on the SEC network about Henderson. They say he clearly indicated in an interview with them that he wanted the job at state. But also indicated that Cohen did not sound like he is the man. They speculate he has his man but is waiting for them to finish the CWS. I hope their speculation is right:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 5:55 PM, AU64 said:

I am envious of those schools who keep their coaches a couple decades...with little or no drama.

How are things in your corner of North Carolina?  It actually made it up to 85 degrees here at 3050 feet above sea level Wednesday.  It looks like Butch is going to be the man for many years to come down the road with his new contract extension. AD Greene did his job well and kudos to him!  If we can keep Davis Daniels for 2019, we are going to have a solid pitching staff that can take us a long way.

Butch can now tell recruits and current players that he will be their coach for a long time and this should be a huge win-win for the baseball program.

How are things in your corner of North Carolina?  It actually made it up to 85 degrees here at 3050 feet above sea level Wednesday.  It looks like Butch is going to be the man for many years to come down the road with his new contract extension. AD Greene did his job well and kudos to him!  If we can keep Davis Daniels for 2019, we are going to have a solid pitching staff that can take us a long way.

Butch can now tell recruits and current players that he will be their coach for a long time and this should be a huge win-win for the baseball program.

85 at the moment at 2000 ft....nice breeze...nice round of golf this morning....finished about 1:30 and breeze made it comfortable.

Looks like CBT is about as nailed down as is possible these days.      As for pitching...Davis and Burns would make a nice pair of starters if we can keep them both. 

Archived