Rivals Rankings Update Week (June 11-17)

ellitor

It's rankings update week for Rivals. Basic breakdown

Today-Top 10
Tuesday-Top 100
Wednesday-Top 250
Thursday-New 4*s on offense not in top 250 & updated position rankings
Friday-New 4*s on defense not in top 250 & updated position rankings
Saturday-Team rankings breakdown whatever that means
Sunday-State rankings updates

Only targets in the top 10 today were Clay Webb & Jadon Haselwood.

New Rivals 100 is out.

Names of note

LB Pappoe down from 21 to 26
QB Nix down from 35 to 40
WR Pickens up from 156 to 43
OT Wanya Morris up from 19 to 15
CB Booth down from 30 to 32
LB Nakobe Dean up from 52 to 24
RB Antony Richards down from 23 to 28
OT Devontae Dobbs down from 29 to 31
RB Noah Cain up from 60 to 49
LB Khris Bogle down from 43 to 50
WR Jalen Curry down from 64 to 72
S Nick Cross stays at 73
RB John Emery stay at 80
LB Rian Davis stays at 100

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

New Rivals 100 is out.

Names of note

LB Pappoe down from 21 to 26
QB Nix down from 35 to 40
WR Pickens up from 156 to 43
OT Wanya Morris up from 19 to 15
CB Booth down from 30 to 32
LB Nakobe Dean up from 52 to 24
RB Antony Richards down from 23 to 28
OT Devontae Dobbs down from 29 to 31
RB Noah Cain up from 60 to 49
LB Khris Bogle down from 43 to 50
WR Jalen Curry down from 64 to 72
S Nick Cross stays at 73
RB John Emery stay at 80
LB Rian Davis stays at 100

WHY DOES RIVALS HATE AUBURN SO MUCH there i said it so nobody else say this please no seriously i'm begging you please don't do that thing that we always do

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

WHY DOES RIVALS HATE AUBURN SO MUCH there i said it so nobody else say this please no seriously i'm begging you please don't do that thing that we always do

I wondered who would be the first to say it....  My money was on A4E though

15 minutes ago, ertrader said:

WHY DOES RIVALS LOVE AUBURN SO MUCH

Rivals must think Pickens is having a change of heart or something to change his rating. :rollin:

3 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Rivals must think Pickens is having a change of heart or something to change his rating. :rollin:

Or in 2 words. #BamaLock

Rivals 250 is out

Targets & notable names

OG Will Putman down 17 to 104
OT Darius Thomas down 17 to 108
RB Kenny McIntosh down 13 to 114
SCE Nathan Pickering down 1 to 120
SDE Jaren Hany down 3 to 131
OT Aavier Truss up 5 to 134
LB Trezmen Marshall down 5 to 141
OG Keiondre Jones down 3 to 150
SDE Justin Egboigbe down down 47 to 158
S Jashawn Sheffield down 44 to 159
LB Lavonta Bentley down 12 to 163
CB Tyrique Stevensondown 17 to 175
S Jammie Robinson stays at 199
OT Warren McClendon down 10 to 207
S Trikweze Bridges down 12 to 221
ATH Zion Puckett down 8 to 233
RB Derrian Brown down 5 to 239
LB Mohamoud Diabate down 4 to 248

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Rivals 250 is out

Targets & notable names

OG Will Putman down 17 to 104
OT Darius Thomas down 17 to 108
RB Kenny McIntosh down 13 to 114
SCE Nathan Pickering down 1 to 120
SDE Jaren Hany down 3 to 131
OT Aavier Truss up 5 to 134
LB Trezmen Marshall down 5 to 141
OG Keiondre Jones down 3 to 150
SDE Justin Egboigbe down down 47 to 158
S Jashawn Sheffield down 44 to 159
LB Lavonta Bentley down 12 to 163
CB Tyrique Stevensondown 17 to 175
S Jammie Robinson stays at 199
OT Warren McClendon down 10 to 207
S Trikweze Bridges down 12 to 221
ATH Zion Puckett down 8 to 233
RB Derrian Brown down 5 to 239
LB Mohamoud Diabate down 4 to 248

I was like WTH until I realized that, unlike the previous list that showed their previous and current spot, this just shows how many places they moved. 

Still... that's a pretty negative list. One "up" on the whole thing.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I was like WTH until I realized that, unlike the previous list that showed their previous and current spot, this just shows how many places they moved.

Since this is not a Bama site I figured people could do the simple math to figure out where they were originally ranked so I did not feel the need to put that ranking in.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Still... that's a pretty negative list. One "up" on the whole thing.

The only ones who were actually moved down were Sheffield & Egboigbe. The rest were just passed by recruits who got a fresh evaluation this cycle.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Since this is not a Bama site I figured people could do the simple math to figure out where they were originally ranked so I did not feel the need to put that ranking in.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I’m glad someone Noticed this.

He dropped 8 of 9 players that were either committed to Auburn or Auburn leads in the lastest 250 ranking including Pappoe which kept him from becoming a 5 star. I guess Chad is upset that Pappoe didn’t commit to his beloved Dogs.

Love Pappoe as a player but he doesn't have ideal size.  He has elite athleticism.  So I've always been a little skeptical of his super high rating.  That's no knock on him.  He's a very good player.   

11 minutes ago, Samau said:

He dropped 8 of 9 players that were either committed to Auburn or Auburn leads in the lastest 250 ranking including Pappoe which kept him from becoming a 5 star. I guess Chad is upset that Pappoe didn’t commit to his beloved Dogs.

Chad didn't drop anyone. He is only 1 part of the Rivals ranking cog. There are at least 5 other guys involved with their rankings.

Also if you look up a few posts to here you'll see only 2 guys on the list of AU targets had an actual ratings drop. The rest were just passed by recruits who got a fresh evaluation this cycle.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Chad didn't drop anyone. He is only 1 part of the Rivals ranking cog. There are at least 5 other guys involved with their rankings.

Also if you look up a few posts to here you'll see only 2 guys on the list of AU targets had an actual ratings drop. The rest were just passed by recruits who got a fresh evaluation this cycle.

If I'm running second in a 200 yard dash and three guys pass me, didn't I drop? Maybe that's not what you mean but that's what you're saying. If a guy goes from #8 to #16, how did he not drop in the rankings?

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If I'm running second in a 200 yard dash and three guys pass me, didn't I drop? Maybe that's not what you mean but that's what you're saying. If a guy goes from #8 to #16, how did he not drop in the rankings?

Back to the Rivals rankings. For all but 2 actual ratings didn't drop. They were just passed by people who got a fresh rating. Rating & ranking is not the same thing. Rating is an analysis of one's attributes independent of others. Ranking is an order placed to a group inclusive of others based on ratings given or earned. They dropped in rank order but not their rating which is what I said in my other post. See the difference?.

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Back to the Rivals rankings. For all but 2 actual ratings didn't drop. They were just passed by people who got a fresh rating. Rating & ranking is not the same thing. Rating is an analysis of one's attributes independent of others. Ranking is an order placed to a group inclusive of others based on ratings given or earned. They dropped in rank order but not their rating which is what I said in my other post. See the difference?.

Only somewhat related..do high school classes get rated as a whole by the recruiting services? (So as to compare different years of prospects.) Or is that something that an individual would have to add up on their own?

23 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

do high school classes get rated as a whole by the recruiting services?

giphy.gif

Just now, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

Like you were saying, some prospects’ ranking changes but their rating doesn't which made me also realize that some years a graduating class is just stronger than others. I was wondering if that is info that is published.. so as to compare the overall strength of the 2018 class to the, say, 2013 class — of all high schoolers.

So while most of our player's ratings didn't drop, their rankings did. Other prospects out there improved their ratings, ours didn't. I don't see any way that this is a positive or even a neutral. If many players can improve their ratings, why didn't ours?

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

So while most of our player's ratings didn't drop, their rankings did. Other prospects out there improved their ratings, ours didn't. I don't see any way that this is a positive or even a neutral. If many players can improve their ratings, why didn't ours?

Cause ours suck 

Omg who the eff cares . Guy drops from the #47 player in the nation to the #50. How terrible .

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Omg who the eff cares . Guy drops from the #47 player in the nation to the #50. How terrible .

If one had risen as much as some dropped, there would be dancing in the streets. People who post here do seem to care.

Archived