2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

3 hours ago, ALLINtheFamily said:

It'd be a bad look for Crean if he couldn't get an in-state guy to be even slightly interested, Ill pat Crean on the back for that

Image result for standard bar being lowered gif

What's this Gif about?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Well, UGA has a commitment from the #1 or 2 player in the country right now who is from GA. Their recruiting class for this coming year is rated higher than ours. They are not getting Kessler and lets hope Coop pulls the trigger for AU. 

It was more of an inside dig that referenced an earlier convo in a different thread

• 2 weeks later...

Sharife writes a blog and this was his most recent post:

Sharife Cooper Blog Post Link

I don't see him mention Auburn but I do see him say he'd like to team up with a few guys including Walker Kessler, Greg Brown, and Terrence Clarke. He seems to not really talk about Auburn all that much but continues to visit and people within the program still seem to be pretty confident. I just wonder if he's playing the recruiting game

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sharife writes a blog and this was his most recent post:

Sharife Cooper Blog Post Link

I don't see him mention Auburn but I do see him say he'd like to team up with a few guys including Walker Kessler, Greg Brown, and Terrence Clarke. He seems to not really talk about Auburn all that much but continues to visit and people within the program still seem to be pretty confident. I just wonder if he's playing the recruiting game

@GwillMac6

over.gif

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I just wonder if he's playing the recruiting game

Doubt it. As I theorized & Golf confirmed in the Kessler thread. Recruits are waiting to see what's in the NCAA Notice we are getting. I mean would you commit to us right now not knowing what's coming regardless of what reassurances are given?

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

dg.gif

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Doubt it. As I theorized & Golf confirmed in the Kessler thread. Recruits are waiting to see what's in the NCAA Notice we are getting. I mean would you commit to us right now not knowing what's coming regardless of what reassurances are given?

What if we don't get a notice?

38 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

What if we don't get a notice?

It's been reported we are getting one. Given that, I'd be surprised if we didn't.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's been reported we are getting one. Given that, I'd be surprised if we didn't.

Where has it been reported? I'm not trying to argue, I just didn't know there were reports out there saying this.

58 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Where has it been reported? I'm not trying to argue, I just didn't know there were reports out there saying this.

Our victim statement said we are expecting one. 

Pearl also said he’s expecting it, but thinks the worst part is already done. 

7 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The real question is will the NOA come out before signing day?

It better. That's a bit under 3 months away.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:32 PM, aujeff11 said:

Our victim statement said we are expecting one. 

Pearl also said he’s expecting it, but thinks the worst part is already done. 

The victim statement doesn't necessarily reflect what the athletics department expects to happen. It's more about painting a picture of the worst case scenario. It's a victim statement for court, not a statement to media. My take on Bruce Pearl making a similar comment—I think that was just him reiterating the victim statement because that interview was conducted so shortly after it was released. If he contradicted it in such a short time, it would've been awkward.'

Edit: I think it's about 50/50 whether we get one or not.

13 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

The real question is will the NOA come out before signing day?

Wasn't there an statement from an NCAA official saying that 6 schools would receive NOA's in early July??? If that's true, they're over a month past that date, which again shows the incompetency of that organization. If they didn't have a monopoly on college sports, they would cease to exist so quickly.

2 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Edit: I think it's about 50/50 whether we get one or not.

We have to get one even if it just outlines Chuck's saga & the penalties we self imposed. The NCAA hasn't addressed that in writing yet and they almost always if not always do eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Looks like Cooper is back on campus for another UOV.

Just do it Cooper.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:29 PM, jared52 said:

AU has to get the letter from the NCAA first. 

Not necessarily. That's just logical conjecture right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived