2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

So happy this has finally happened. Hoping this is the catalyst for filling out the rest of the class. Been in on a lot of great players and it’s AUsome to finally come out on top. War Eagle Sharife!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ellitor changed the title to 2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)
  • augolf1716 pinned this topic
44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Been sitting on this on for a long time. Glad I can finally use it!

ezgif.com-add-text.gif

But you KNEW it was coming!!! I enjoy reading between the lines of your posts!

On 9/28/2019 at 2:27 PM, NoALtiger said:

Will be the highest rated AU signee ever. Pretty decent job by Bruce and the gang. 😎

Since the start of the star rating system, yes. I still think Mike Mitchell is our top recruit ever. Mitchell, from Atlanta, was at the top of everybody's list and would have been a solid top-five pick nationally had there been such a system then. Mitch was a four-time all SEC player and stuck in the NBA for 11 years. He left AU as the school's top scorer and rebounder. I happened to be in the room with AU Coach Bob Davis and a half-dozen other people when Mitchell committed, but that's another story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Mitchell_(basketball,_born_1956)

• 1 month later...

Definitely need his 3 ball stroke to be there based on what I’m seeing on the court currently. He has a talent level Jvon isn’t seeing (no offense to Jvon) but the spacing here when the 1 isn’t able to shoot...it’s not pretty. They’ve also been able to hug up on our other guys that can shoot so much tighter due to that. 

Mr SC3, Powell and whoever else we land are going to bring back the balls to the wall treys, I believe 

After watching the first game, I said we can't get him in here any sooner! If we had some legit guard play from the point position that would really take this team to the next level. 

McDonald's Nuggets: 2020 prospects who'll be impactful

Dan McDonald
Rivals.com

3. Sharife Cooper, Auburn 

The state of Georgia has been good to Bruce Pearl going back to his time at Tennessee, so he went back to the Peach State in the 2020 class to sign one of the top guards in the country. The game comes easy for Cooper. He has deep range on his jumper. He’s a crafty scorer going to the basket. He also makes plays for others as well as any prospect in the class. Look for Cooper to have a similar type of impact at Auburn that 

did before leaving for the NBA.

Archived