2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Yeah bro! No stars yet but several of those guys can be stars in the near future IMO. Apparently Zion's 2nd choice was Puma. They're starting to make some waves.

The first I remember hearing about PUMA trying to get in to main stream American sports was when they signed Clowney when he was drafted by the Texas first overall a few years ago!!! You are right brodie!!! A good amount of those dudes can def grow in to stars!!! And if they do???! MANNNNNNNNNN Puma will be right there waiting to cash in!!! CHAAAAAA CHIIIIIIIINNNNNNNG!!!!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the notable Adidas players. They are soooooooo far ahead of Under Armour as well.

Screenshot_20200124-142512.png

Screenshot_20200124-142454.png

Screenshot_20200124-142445.png

Screenshot_20200124-142435.png

I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE to know all the elite blue chip players we were in on that we did not get because of shoe politics. I am sure this is all coming to a head with these very telling Bruce comments about this. I bet he has been FUMING about this for awhile. I hope it does not cost us the elite players we are in on man. Memphis is a Nike School and We are UA. It may be as simple as that........

Just now, Tiger said:

Damn @GwillMac6 I didn't realize Adidas' list was that deep. That's impressive. 

Yah dude Adidas has been in the game for awhile. Longer than Nike. Only difference is Nike signed you know who and that really is the only difference in what those 2 companies became and the trajectory. I think in the 80's Converse was actually THE SHOE company because they had Magic and Bird under contract. 

LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP even more by saying man I am not waiting!!! I WANT TO BE A AUBURN TIGER!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN COOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaking love it.

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Bruce airing all of this out in the open!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah dude Adidas has been in the game for awhile. Longer than Nike. Only difference is Nike signed you know who and that really is the only difference in what those 2 companies became and the trajectory. I think in the 80's Converse was actually THE SHOE company because they had Magic and Bird under contract. 

I think Reebok pumps tried to get a bigger star but was an epic fail. 

Screenshot_20200124-205133.png

On 1/23/2020 at 2:53 PM, toddc said:

According to the McDonald's All American Game official website, Cooper is only the third Auburn signee ever selected to play in the game. He joins guard Frank Ford in 1983 and power forward Korvotney Barber in 2005.

There must have been something similar prior to 1977, which is what McDonald's lists as the first year of their game.. Auburn's first scholarship black athlete, Henry Harris, played in a national game like the McDonald's game and it was a big deal for AU fans at the time. Henry's freshman year at AU was 1969 so that game was probably in the late winter or spring of that year.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:55 AM, Tiger said:

damn...how long is our Under Armour contract through? We don't need to move but let's be honest these kids would 10/10 times rather be wearing another shoe out there.

Think we signed a 9 year contract extension a couple years. So another 7 or so years.

• 2 months later...

Screenshot_20200407-131420.png

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I can't help but to wonder if that still stands with the pandemic and all.

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Love his enthusiasm but ain’t nobody moving in till after the summer semester is over. Pretty sure the University has already ruled on that.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Love his enthusiasm but ain’t nobody moving in till after the summer semester is over. Pretty sure the University has already ruled on that.

He's moving in in his heart. That's what counts😛

On 1/24/2020 at 4:34 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Bruce airing all of this out in the open!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Thank you, Tuberville.  Bloody wanker

!!!!!   LFG!!!!!! Wooooo!!!!! Coop is the freaking man!!!

giphy-53.gif

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

!!!!!   LFG!!!!!! Wooooo!!!!! Coop is the freaking man!!!

He hasn't even played a minute for Auburn and is already one of my favorite players just for all the work he's done trying to recruit for Auburn. Can't wait for him to help take us to the top!

Honestly, Coop is different. I know we all wanted Green to come to the Plains, and we all would have embraced him as one of us, because he would have been...but Coop just IS. It doesn't matter if the virus shuts us down all year and he goes pro without ever playing for Auburn, he's already an Auburn man.

I need to be careful to ask this question without creating any bad vibes, but:

The G-league is going after a lot of the highest rated players from the 2020 class. Is there anyone else besides JG and GB3 that they might go after???

Archived