2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Cooper is trying to reclassify to the 2019 class. Last I heard AU was still in a good spot. Not sure if that's still the case as UK has ramped things up with him. He is visiting UK Saturday for the AU game. He has been to AU a number of times also FWIW.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like Cooper is trying to reclassify to the 2019 class. Last I heard AU was still in a good spot. Not sure if that's still the case as UK has ramped things up with him. He is visiting UK Saturday for the AU game. He has been to AU a number of times also FWIW.

This is a really good sign for us IMO. Going to a UK game while when AU will be playing. Seems a lot like when Wanya Morris visited for the Tennessee football game. Would be really nice to pull one out in Rupp. 

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

I like it maybe we'll be in the market for Sears next year!

cole, is sears big enough to take the pounding?.....he is listed at 5'9" 135#'s and i know he will grow some, but we have a problem with small guards defending bigger guards.....i have no doubt that he is good enough from a skill standpoint, lol,i just want another doc robinson....if our guards can't defend now, why would we be any better with sears,except for a role player?

Well he's bigger than Cooper his dad, uncle, cousins agree all big and played D1 football. One even played in the NFL. The numbers he puts up as far as rebounding is incredible to me. But as you can see I'm a fan so this is just coming from me but he's as good as Monte was, he's more of a PG and tae was more of a scorer but clearly tae is good starting for Tennessee. But Idk we'll see. Oh he's much bigger than that now, @NoALtiger saw him play and caught a rebound off the rim and dunk it back in. He's very aggressive. He won't back down. 

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well he's bigger than Cooper his dad, uncle, cousins agree all big and played D1 football. One even played in the NFL. The numbers he puts up as far as rebounding is incredible to me. But as you can see I'm a fan so this is just coming from me but he's as good as Monte was, he's more of a PG and tae was more of a scorer but clearly tae is good starting for Tennessee. But Idk we'll see. Oh he's much bigger than that now, @NoALtiger saw him play and caught a rebound off the rim and dunk it back in. He's very aggressive. He won't back down. 

Yeah he’s closer to 6’0” now in my estimation. He’s not big but he’s definitely not small. I know I’ve seen him listed at 5’9” and 135lbs too but that’s clearly not been updated. Plays bigger than he is but I’d imagine he’ll grow a bit more and certainly fill out. I don’t know why folks doubt him, he’s putting up great numbers at a high level school and against high level competition. 

16 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Well, that didn’t help with Cooper if he was there. 

Last post in the pinned recruiting thread. He didn't & Hooks says we are still in good shape with him.

We should be able Cooper whatever UGA offered that kid they just got last week. You come here, you’re one of the top 5 biggest names we’ve gotten this millennium. Get whatever you want

we desperately need to see a PG who’s naturally talented run this offense

Not that this matters directly to auburn but trendon watford is looking hard at duke.  It appeared turds/Memphis was tight with turds making a move but duke jumped in and they’ve caught his attention.  (I got some info and wanted to be “that guy”!)

51 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Not that this matters directly to auburn but trendon watford is looking hard at duke.  It appeared turds/Memphis was tight with turds making a move but duke jumped in and they’ve caught his attention.  (I got some info and wanted to be “that guy”!)

If he gets a commitable offer from Duke then he is absolutely going to go play for the GOAT. Works for me as a bandwagon Duke fan. We are not going to get him so I much rather him not go to freaking bama. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

he is absolutely going to go play for the GOAT

I thought John Wooden died nearly a decade ago...

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I thought John Wooden died nearly a decade ago...

I mean I guess some people still think The Bear is the GOAT as well over Saban. 

yth.gif

Everything I read suggests that he’s for real best friends with Okoro and they want to keep playing together. I think some of his decision (if he reclassifies like is expected) will come down to what Hagans at UK and what Harper decide in the offseason. But Bruce has shown this season that he’ll play Harper at the 2 and I guarantee Cooper will get his minutes if he comes

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Everything I read suggests that he’s for real best friends with Okoro and they want to keep playing together. I think some of his decision (if he reclassifies like is expected) will come down to what Hagans at UK and what Harper decide in the offseason. But Bruce has shown this season that he’ll play Harper at the 2 and I guarantee Cooper will get his minutes if he comes

What does Harper have to decide?

10 hours ago, alexava said:

What does Harper have to decide?

If he wants to spend another season at AU vs getting paid to play. Likely won't catch on at the NBA but there are many other leagues he could play in.

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean I guess some people still think The Bear is the GOAT as well over Saban. 

National Championships

Wooden - 11
Coach K - 5

As a Duke fan myself I love Coach K but Wooden is the GOAT. #CaseClosed

13 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Hooks on ITAT who is as connected to the program as anyone, said 2 weeks ago it's unlikely Cooper will reclassify. He hasn't provided an update since FWIW.

Archived