2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I totally hear you on apprehension on Johnson. Big difference, Samir was a 3* kid with not a very impressive offer list. Johnson at least was a 4* with major d-1 teams asking for his services. 

But that's all I got bro lol

Still gun shy!!!!! I am going to be cautious now and be very tepid with how I proceed  until I see a reason to not be with JJ!!! lol. I am not going to go for the pump fake again so easily like I did with SAMIR!!!! That will haunt me for many many seasons to come! haha. All of what you said is true though. We REALLY need him to be a asset next season for sure. I hope we use the transfer market as free agency going forward. It can be a huge boon to the roster if you get the right guys. UNFORTUNATELY FOR US look at St Johns. They got to add a 5 star transfer!!! They just beat Nova recently to and Heron had a awesome game and was the driving force why they won that game. A lot of quality talent are transferring out each year. We need to get in on the action for the upper echelon guys. WOOOOO!!!!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

You’re literally talking out of your ass right now.  

You would certainly be the one that should know being you perpetually have your head up your ass

Just now, bigbird said:

You would certainly be the one that should know being you perpetually have your head up your ass

Well at least you confirmed that you’re talking out of your ass. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Still gun shy!!!!! I am going to be cautious now and be very tepid with how I proceed  until I see a reason to not be with JJ!!! lol. I am not going to go for the pump fake again so easily like I did with SAMIR!!!! That will haunt me for many many seasons to come! haha. All of what you said is true though. We REALLY need him to be a asset next season for sure. I hope we use the transfer market as free agency going forward. It can be a huge boon to the roster if you get the right guys. 

I don't blame you at all and I'm cautiously optimistic I'm going to leave it at that. I'm gonna try my best to not let Will Wade's swindling of Bruce regarding Samir cloud how I feel about Bruce bringing in players. Before Samir I was super confident in Bruce knowing what works for his system and whatnot. But Will Wade knew what he was doing.

One thing is for sure, you can't ever buy message board hype. Whoever was hyping him did Samir a disservice. Especially since he's playing so much out of position on top of looking like a mid-major caliber player so far at his time at AU. I just dunno if that slow set shot will ever be effective against p5 competition.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Contrary and clueless is bound to pay off soon enough. You just keep pushing forward.

From last year:

“led the team in scoring 13 times, steals 6 times and assists 2 times ... held defensive matchup to shoot just 37% on the season and forced 100 turnovers”

You tell me how he’s not one of the better perimeter defenders on the team, mr contrary?

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well at least you confirmed that you’re talking out of your ass. 

Thanks for confirming your head is perpetually up your ass too.  I'm fairly confident we all knew that, but admittance is the first step. Good job, jeffy

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I don't blame you at all and I'm cautiously optimistic I'm going to leave it at that. I'm gonna try my best to not let Will Wade's swindling of Bruce regarding Samir cloud how I feel about Bruce bringing in players. Before Samir I was super confident in Bruce knowing what works for his system and whatnot. But Will Wade knew what he was doing.

One thing is for sure, you can't ever buy message board hype. Whoever was hyping him did Samir a disservice. Especially since he's playing so much out of position on top of looking like a mid-major caliber player so far at his time at AU. I just dunno if that slow set shot will ever be effective against p5 competition.

Will Wade has clearly proven to be a master salesmen. He plays the role perfectly of a greasy used car salesmen. MAN the sec just keeps getting tough and tougher. Dude is a beast on the trail. LSU beat UT WITHOUT waters this weekend. I MEAN COME ON. They have a lot of talent on that roster. Not just waters.

Sucks about Samir and his slooooooooooooooooooow release because I think the one thing he actually does well IS his three point shot but you are right it takes FOREVER to actually get him there! lol. Like he has to be as wide open as we leave 3 point shooters on the road for him to feel confident enough that it will not get blocked to shoot it.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think we were fed that info about Samir by the SAME person who routinely feeds a bunch of sunshine pumping BS to Phillip Marshall during spring and fall practice that mostly turn out to be false. 

UNTIL he proves to me otherwise I will have to see it to believe it from the transfer from Memphis. I am still snakebitten by samir when it comes to transfers. He just simply has not shown up at all vs good competition besides washington. That was back in freaking November and clearly that was the exception not the rule. 

Go ahead and say it. Gene has been giving the bs info

Just now, bigbird said:

Thanks for confirming your head is perpetually up your ass too.  I'm fairly confident we all knew that, but admittance is the first step. Good job, jeffy

How did I confirm anything? You willingly stepped off your own plank. You’re not very good at this.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You tell me how he’s not one of the better perimeter defenders on the team, mr contrary?

Actually, that comment was more directed to Mr. Clueless than it was for Mr. Contrary. Then again, I'm not shocked you didn't pick up on that.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How did I confirm anything? 

I guess that goes back again to the clueless aspect, huh?

39 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think you are smart enough to know mustache offering up nuggets every blue moon when he hears something is a lot different than a pseudo insider trying to be something that he’s not. 

I hope it gets through but I am content if it doesn't. WDE is not a pseudo insider. He has real connections to the program outside of the reading the bunker. He posts a good number of things on here or PMs people like Bird, Golf, or myself before reporters even get it on the bunker, sometimes months before. And even when he posts something that is already on the bunker he almost goes in to more detail than what is on the bunker. I'm on the bunker & 247 & see everything that's posted by reporters & people connected to the program. If all WDE was doing was just bring info from the bunker I promise you I would out him on it. I would have to or delete his posts since paywall info being shared on AUF is prohibited by AUF rules.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wish Darius Garland didn't get hurt, he's not better than Garland but Garland would've been a nice reference in what you might expect from Cooper

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Go ahead and say it. Gene has been giving the bs info

Next thing you know there will be a clueless tool on here spouting how good of a defender BB is.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Actually, that comment was more directed to Mr. Clueless than it was for Mr. Contrary.

To bad when it comes to you they’re inseparable.

35 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I.m still scratching my head at the reports that no one could guard Samir during practices while he was sitting out.  That his dribble drive ability made him one of our best in the backcourt. I have seen nothing when he has the ball in his hands to show he can get around SEC players and score or get fouled. He seems very weak strength-wise. 

To be fair he was healthy then. He has been dealing with an ankle injury most of the season just like Harper. Ankle injuries hurt driving ability.

Just now, bigbird said:

Next thing you know there will be a clueless tool on here spouting how good of a defender BB is.

I've fought the fight in here for saying this. I have a few haters for it, now you can have a go lol.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I hope it gets through but I am content if it doesn't. WDE is not a pseudo insider. He has real connections to the program outside of the reading the bunker. He posts a good number of things on here or PMs people like Bird, Golf, or myself before reporters even get it on the bunker, sometimes months before. And even when he posts something that is already on the bunker he almost goes in to more detail than what is on the bunker. I'm on the bunker & 247 & see everything that's posted by reporters & people connected to the program. If all WDE was doing was just bring info from the bunker I promise you I would out him on it. I would have to or delete his posts since paywall info being shared on AUF is prohibited by AUF rules.

tenor.gif

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think we were fed that info about Samir by the SAME person who routinely feeds a bunch of sunshine pumping BS to Phillip Marshall during spring and fall practice that mostly turn out to be false. 

Nope. JGT was a big Samir hype man & he's usually a realist.

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bryce isn’t a bad perimeter defender and one of the best ones on our team.

When his head is in the game you are 100% right. Problem is his head isn't always in the game.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I guess that goes back again to the clueless aspect, huh?

It’s your assertion that Brown isn’t one of the better perimeter defenders on our team and couldn’t back it up. 

You’re a bigger flop than tbe AAF. 😂 

Just now, cole256 said:

I've fought the fight in here for saying this. I have a few haters for it, now you can have a go lol.

I just have one. I'm sure you can recognize him.

head-up-your-ass_92430_1.jpg

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To be fair he was healthy then. He has been dealing with an ankle injury most of the season just like Harper. Ankle injuries hurt driving ability.

You know what also hurts the ability to dribble drive? THE INABILITY OF SAID DRIBBLING!!!! MERCY MARY AND JOSEPH ALIVE the man struggles at handling the rock. TIGHTEN UP THOSE HANDLES. Anytime he puts the ball on the deck I fear for a turnover! lol. 

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Contrary and clueless is bound to pay off soon enough. You just keep pushing forward.

He has a point Bird. When Bryce is focused like he was most of last season he is & was our best on ball defender.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. JGT was a big Samir hype man & he's usually a realist.

ker.gif

Archived