2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this would be great, but if things do go this direction and all ends well, lets remember (and this is primarily to ME first than ya'll) that the kid is 17 years old and no matter how great and talented he is (and he is) there will be a learning curve for him so we have to be patient (again to ME first) with him...harper had me climbing walls and blowing spitbubbles when he was a freshman,so i will be more perpared for cooper and turbo

On 4/17/2019 at 7:27 PM, tigeraddikt said:

This would be incredible.  

Funny how they compared Auburn BB to UK football.   As I get older, I remember less;  remind me pls. what year did UK football play in the "final four" or the CF Playoffs?   I know they are trying to write a story, but I doubt UK football has had a coach of Bruce Pearl's caliber since Paul Bryant left UK for TAMU.

18 hours ago, AUbehemoth said:

True but remember he won't have to start right away. McCormick is a good PG in his own right

He will start day 1 wherever he signs. 

Sure would like to capitalize on our tourney run and get this kid at Auburn. Kentucky, Florida and Georgia are thumping our butts right now in 2019 recruiting. Even Bama is putting together a stronger class according to 247Sports team rankings. UK always does, but I'm not happy about Bama and UGA getting this kind of class.

Of course, we got CBP at the helm, which counts for a lot in my opinion, but I'm hoping he pulls in another top player or two to work his magic on.

50 minutes ago, AURex said:

Sure would like to capitalize on our tourney run and get this kid at Auburn. Kentucky, Florida and Georgia are thumping our butts right now in 2019 recruiting. Even Bama is putting together a stronger class according to 247Sports team rankings. UK always does, but I'm not happy about Bama and UGA getting this kind of class.

Of course, we got CBP at the helm, which counts for a lot in my opinion, but I'm hoping he pulls in another top player or two to work his magic on.

I agree 100% - "CAPITALIZE"  on that momentum.  (Like that?   Capitalize in all caps!  I crack myself up!! ).   Seriously, I think we missed that bump in recruiting after 2010.   Not sure how that happened.   Maybe we put down the wrong zip code on some postcards or something.  IDK, but we did not get a bump.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

that new coach waft is doing Bama and UGA favors, I dont think they'll sustain it at this level. Although Crean basically survived getting high level recruits and not coaching worth a.... for most of his career, I believe. Oats...I cant imagine players consistently wanting to play for a guy named Oats

I understood that UNC was our biggest competition here.  (Forgive me if that’s wrong or outdated info)

I heard UNC just landed an elite G.  I know basketball recruiting is different than football recruiting, but that can’t hurt our chances, right?

4 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I understood that UNC was our biggest competition here.  (Forgive me if that’s wrong or outdated info)

I heard UNC just landed an elite G.  I know basketball recruiting is different than football recruiting, but that can’t hurt our chances, right?

UNC was supposedly the biggest competition for grad transfer Rayjon Tucker. If AU loses Sharife Cooper to anyone it’d probably be Kentucky 

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

UNC just landed CG Anthony Cooper, #2 prospect (ESPN). 

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

UNC was supposedly the biggest competition for grad transfer Rayjon Tucker. If AU loses Sharife Cooper to anyone it’d probably be Kentucky 

Thanks.  I had a feeling I had something backwards.  👍

I know this sounds stupid and it prob is since I don't know much about basketball, but if we land Tucker and Cooper ( as he reclassifies as 2019),  do we have enough scholarships avail?  

I know the chance of getting both is small, but if Chuma decides to return...do we really have that many scholarships avail for everyone?

22 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I know this sounds stupid and it prob is since I don't know much about basketball, but if we land Tucker and Cooper ( as he reclassifies as 2019),  do we have enough scholarships avail?  

I know the chance of getting both is small, but if Chuma decides to return...do we really have that many scholarships avail for everyone?

Bet we’ll ask Wes’s boy to walk-on should it come to that. 

41 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Bet we’ll ask Wes’s boy to walk-on should it come to that. 

That’s what I’ll assume will happen. Throw Wes a “final four bonus” and Allen Flannigan is still on scholly as far as dad is concerned 

21 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

That’s what I’ll assume will happen. Throw Wes a “final four bonus” and Allen Flannigan is still on scholly as far as dad is concerned 

We wouldn't have to. We just had 4 seniors graduate. And Jared Harper declare early. That's 5 scholarships

So if he reclassifies, would he be coming in during January like Wiley did?

Archived