2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

41 minutes ago, Beaker said:

And I suspect the big dogs sign in the second one?   

Most sign early actually.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think knocking down cooper gives you a trickle down effect. Obv you have the higher chance at Boston, but you also get the security that Okoro would return, in the event he has a superstar debut and considers leaving early. The allure of playing with his boys is there

not a HIGH possibility that it happens, but hey. It’s weird to have a guy be the face of your program without having committed but here we are 

Hooks keeps saying that things are looking like we will have an unprecedented year in recruiting, very upbeat about it, almost cocky like he knows something big is coming....i just can't fathom AU having a #1 class in basketball, and i'll believe it when i see it and the ink is dry on the paper...i sure would like to try to jump and down like i did after the UK win....old white guys can't jump and shouldn't try to

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Hooks keeps saying that things are looking like we will have an unprecedented year in recruiting, very upbeat about it, almost cocky like he knows something big is coming....i just can't fathom AU having a #1 class in basketball, and i'll believe it when i see it and the ink is dry on the paper...i sure would like to try to jump and down like i did after the UK win....old white guys can't jump and shouldn't try to

Don't think he is saying, implying, or thinking the #1 overall class. To be honest a top 10 class would be unprecedented to AU. We have never finished in the top 10 in recruiting.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't think he is saying, implying, or thinking the #1 overall class. To be honest a top 10 class would be unprecedented to AU. We have never finished in the top 10 in recruiting.

wrong....back earlier he said that it was looking possible

7 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Interesting. I've been following recruiting & how the math works. FWIW I don't see it happening. Top 5 would be amazing.

51 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Hooks is a bit of a homer honk. His heart is in the right place and I think he genuinely gets great information, but he definitely embellishes a lot imo

5 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Hooks is a bit of a homer honk. His heart is in the right place and I think he genuinely gets great information, but he definitely embellishes a lot imo

Thanks @Gene Loblaw! I didn't want to be the one to say it.

The second Auburn gets what is required of a #1 class with this class (which is probably everybody we hosted last week), is the second UK and mob boss asks for the condemnation of Bruce 

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

is the second UK and mob boss asks for the condemnation of Bruce

That was done along time ago as evidenced by Jared Harper and Bryce Brown not being all SEC after the 2017–2018 season.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s weird to have a guy be the face of your program without having committed but here we are 

I get what you are saying, but no, Bruce Pearl is the unquestioned face of our program.   Sharife as the "face of this recruiting class", yes I agree.

With that said, I would really like to see Sharife go ahead and pull the trigger and use his influence to help bring in a few of these other huge fish!

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Like the face of the program comment.....he's not looked like that....only guy I could imagine that could be that right now is lamello ball and he's not playing college ball I don't think

What are your thoughts on Lamelo Ball? 

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What are your thoughts on Lamelo Ball? 

He has a funny name

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What are your thoughts on Lamelo Ball? He's got great size now, but man I saw a lowlight video of him when he was a freshman in HS (I think) and it was absolutely awful. Like I couldn't imagine any player in the league ever looking that bad against HS competition. He's grown significantly since then physically and I'm sure his game has improved but I could never imagine a pro player ever looking like this as a teenager:

Not saying he won't ever make it, or even that I'm pulling against him but this video is surprisingly bad IMO

To be honest that low light doesn't look that bad. He shot some long shots that he missed bad but from how you described it I was expecting much worse.

What I think about him is he's very good. His team he played for all those guys transferred and stuff to play with him. He averaged double digits when his team won state, nobody who sucks would be able to do that. He's a legit 6'6" PGand has a bunch of range. Pearl would love to have him. He's like a walking number 1 squad. He's getting EVERYBODY's best and he has to compete day in and day out. I imagine he'd be the top player in the class if he could come out

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

To be honest that low light doesn't look that bad. He shot some long shots that he missed bad but from how you described it I was expecting much worse.

What I think about him is he's very good. His team he played for all those guys transferred and stuff to play with him. He averaged double digits when his team won state, nobody who sucks would be able to do that. He's a legit 6'6" PGand has a bunch of range. Pearl would love to have him. He's like a walking number 1 squad. He's getting EVERYBODY's best and he has to compete day in and day out. I imagine he'd be the top player in the class if he could come out

Ah, you actually got me before I deleted that post after rewatching that particular video. There was another one I saw with a guy breaking it down and I linked the wrong one so I deleted till I could find the one I saw a few years ago. It was definitely worse. As you said this video I linked wasn't that bad, but still some ugly misses. 

I'll try to see if that video is out there still. You are right though his size is ELITE and with guard skills he has a future it looks like. I just remember at the time being like I couldn't imagine someone like John Wall looking this bad at any point in HS. I'll see if I can find it and see if it still resonates the same with me. But the video you linked, which is obviously more recent, looks like he's legit. 

Is he eligible for college or did the Lithuania experiment screw him out of that? 

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He has a funny name

Sounds like a basketball marketed sports soda made by coke.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hey nooooow! 10 posts is way to few to come in with such sound logic. Seriously though. thank you @crococile22 & welcome!

Most of us with a lot more posts have already gone crazy and lack the psychological fortitude for such sound logic. 🤣

5 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Most of us with a lot more posts have already gone crazy and lack the psychological fortitude for such sound logic. 🤣

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I get what you are saying, but no, Bruce Pearl is the unquestioned face of our program.   Sharife as the "face of this recruiting class", yes I agree.

With that said, I would really like to see Sharife go ahead and pull the trigger and use his influence to help bring in a few of these other huge fish!

Well yeah a coach is the face of your basketball team lol, that’s how it works with every school. People don’t use that expression to describe a coach 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Like the face of the program comment.....he's not looked like that....only guy I could imagine that could be that right now is lamello ball and he's not playing college ball I don't think

It’s relative to the program, Sharife has clout in the basketball district, a name like that would be thought of as our face, because who else would be? He doesn’t have otherworldly brand name like Zion or a Ball bro, but Zion wasn’t like that until his senior year. Sharife still got time 

4 hours ago, crococile22 said:

The reason these kids dont "pull the trigger" early is because it hurts them especially in the summer camps to commit to an Under Amour school when they are trying to get invited to the Nike EYBL and other camps. Also, it would restrict shariffes access to recruit other guys at these camps (this happened when Okoro committed early to us last year). Just let it play out.

Hey Shariffe.  👋 

19 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s relative to the program, Sharife has clout in the basketball district, a name like that would be thought of as our face, because who else would be? He doesn’t have otherworldly brand name like Zion or a Ball bro, but Zion wasn’t like that until his senior year. Sharife still got time 

Zion was big pretty much a star his high school career, his game made that so. Sharife isn't like that. The jelly fam group had a following like that. D wade and LeBron's kids are like that. My point is sharife is a 5 star which is great but he's not that big as I guess most auburn fans are imagining. Maybe that's because we aren't used to having a 5 star recruit. 

• 1 month later...

FWIW Hoke is still very well connected to the program. He works for Stephen Hooks...

Archived