2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hoke = Patrick Suddes of Basketball??

No.  Suddes worked in the athletic department. 

Something cool:

Cooper would be Auburn's highest rated signee ever if he does, in fact, end up at Auburn. 

Mustapha Heron had a 0.9911 rating and is currently #1. Cooper has a 0.9935 rating.

26 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Something cool:

Cooper would be Auburn's highest rated signee ever if he does, in fact, end up at Auburn. 

Mustapha Heron had a 0.9911 rating and is currently #1. Cooper has a 0.9935 rating.

FWIW Wiley would have been the highest if he didn't reclassify from 2017 to 2016 so late in the 2016 cycle. He was 15th overall in 2017 with a score of .9947 at the time of reclassification.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Haven’t seen anything else on him yet today. Wonder what Hoke’s tweet was or if it was just a highlight video he wanted to share. Hope we get good news soon 

Ir's possible he gave a silent although I thought he already had.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ir's possible he gave a silent although I thought he already had.

Hoke said on twitter tonight that it wasn’t a commitment announcement although it definitely had the looks of one. He mentioned the announcement hasn’t happened “yet” and to “be patient....”

6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hoke said on twitter tonight that it wasn’t a commitment announcement although it definitely had the looks of one. He mentioned the announcement hasn’t happened “yet” and to “be patient....”

I think it was in reference to a silent which is obviously something he cannot flat out say on Twitter.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I think it was in reference to a silent which is obviously something he cannot flat out say on Twitter.

Makes sense. Thanks E, I’m excited about this one 

Sometimes I understand making a silent commitment as team might want you to make the commitment at an opportune time. In the case of Sharife with the sooner the more opportune as he might cause a domino effect. If he really has decided on Auburn what is the value of his waiting to officially announce it?

21 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Sometimes I understand making a silent commitment as team might want you to make the commitment at an opportune time. In the case of Sharife with the sooner the more opportune as he might cause a domino effect. If he really has decided on Auburn what is the value of his waiting to officially announce it?

Waste of resources from other teams recruiting him.  That way they might also miss out on their second choice...or the kid wants a special occasion to announce.  

43 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Also allows Auburn to redirect their own resources towards other pieces, assuming this just now has been his only silent commitment. I thought he has been given one but who knows

54 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Schools don't always dictate silent commits & parameters. Sometimes the recruits do it for their own reasons.

From a couple of weeks ago at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

From a couple of weeks ago at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

#22 with the steal & flush is our boy Devan Cambridge near the halfway mark.

ETA: A Tip jam later.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

DC with back to back 3 & flush at the 1:50 mark.

ETA: 3 more flushes in the video.

This is a family forum...  We are not supposed to be posting such things

image.png

Sorry...  Couldn't resist.  In my day this had a completely different meaning....

JMO, but Sharife really has no business playing HS basketball this year. If he has the ability to reclassify I think he should, for his own good. His talent level is off the charts and in order to continue to grow, I think reclassifying and playing a year or two at the college level and getting college coaching will get him to an even higher level.  It is crazy watching his film. The game seems to be so easy for him, even when double or triple teamed. Can't wait for him to get to college. I think AU could raise ticket prices with him on the team. He could be the greatest player ever to go to AU.....no hard feelings Mr Barkley.

47 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Cooper's going to be back in Auburn tomorrow.  Hopefully his commit will be coming soon.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may not sleep till we kick off in Dallas from all the cocaine I will do in celebration of a cooooop commitment! Lol you down for a Miami bender @fredst !? Haha 

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may not sleep till we kick off in Dallas from all the cocaine I will do in celebration of a cooooop commitment! Lol you down for a Miami bender @fredst !? Haha 

giphy.gif

Archived