2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s your assertion that Brown isn’t one of the better perimeter defenders on our team and couldn’t back it up. 

You’re a bigger flop than tbe AAF. 😂 

Between the circles he is good. Once the other team is in a half court set, he is not...and it's not really that close. The fact that you can't see that speaks volumes.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

I just have one. I'm sure you can recognize him.

head-up-your-ass_92430_1.jpg

I try hard not to judge.  I’m sure you will realize your arguments are contorted as such.

Just now, bigbird said:

Between the circles he is good. Once the other team is in a half court set, he is not...and it's not really that close. The fact that you can't see that speaks volumes.

You can’t even see that that is not even sufficient for your own argument. 

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He has a point Bird. When Bryce is focused like he was most of last season he is & was our best on ball defender.

One of our best transition defender. He is not a good in half court defense.

I know I take credit and talk alot of smack but this is the God's honest truth......if I was ever really owed an apology it's for all the flak I caught for pointing out Brown wasn't any exceptional talent at defending.....but I take the heat just to provide the board with good analysis on the team. I'm here for you guys!!!

Just now, bigbird said:

One of our best transition defenders. He is not a good in half court defense.

He was last year. Damn good at it.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know I take credit and talk alot of smack but this is the God's honest truth......if I was ever really owed an apology it's for all the flak I caught for pointing out Brown wasn't any exceptional talent at defending.....but I take the heat just to provide the board with good analysis on the team. I'm here for you guys!!!

No sarcasm at all in this. I respect your expert opinion but my eyes saw a good on ball defender most of last year in Bryce. This year...WOOF!!

He's decent when he can catch someone around his size but that's few and far between. He's not quick enough for the super quick smaller guys and not big enough for the bigger guards. He's good at funneling a guy towards the middle but that's really not defense and he lacks length that ALL players need when they get beat, because everybody gets beat sometimes but long guys can still recover

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I know I feel better now:poke:

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Longtime member that does not post very often but appreciates the insight. Cole keep up the good work!!!

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You can’t even see that that is not even sufficient for your own argument. 

😂😂

Do you even watch the games? When was the last time BB was able to cut off a drive? When was the last time he was able to force the ball handler into a opposite direction?  You're opinion is based on the talking points of others. Its clear you really don't know what you're trying to talk about.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He was last year. Damn good at it.

And this year?

Do you think last year might have been because the ability and work of others was covering his deficiencies?

Just now, bigbird said:

Do you even watch the games? When was the last time BB was able to cut off a drive? When was the last time he was able to force the ball handler into a opposite direction?  You're opinion is based on the talking points of others. Its clear you really don't know what you're trying to talk about.

Name two better perimeter defenders than him. 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I know I feel better now:poke:

Love you too golf! When I get old I hope to be like you

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You took the flak for sure, but you weren't alone on that hill.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Love you too golf! When I get old I hope to be like you

He’s just an old drunk. Born from under the table of Bear Bryant’s and Pat Dye’s drinking matches. Don’t mind him 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

When were the Doughty practice reports?

You're using his defense on Doughty during as evidence? Interesting.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You're using his defense on Doughty during as evidence? Interesting.

It was your DA comment that started all of this.

“”Pearl has high praise for his first-year pickup.

"[Brown] has gone from being one of the best defensive guards in the league to being one of the best guards in the league,” he said. "It’s a strong statement, and I wouldn’t make it unless I thought he was getting there. 

"He’s becoming one of the best guards in the league. He can shoot at all levels. We already know how great of a defender he is. He’s a great guard. He’s not afraid. I’m very proud of the way he’s developed."

Woah, what just happened there. I guess Pearl doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He’s just an old drunk. Born from under the table of Bear Bryant’s and Pat Dye’s drinking matches. Don’t mind him 

Love you big time jeff....not under the table though and Pat couldn't carrying bear jock strap in a drinking match

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Love you big time jeff

😉 I bet Pat Dye could drink tbe Bear under tbe table too. You learned from the best. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It was your DA comment that started all of this.

“”Pearl has high praise for his first-year pickup.

"[Brown] has gone from being one of the best defensive guards in the league to being one of the best guards in the league,” he said. "It’s a strong statement, and I wouldn’t make it unless I thought he was getting there. 

"He’s becoming one of the best guards in the league. He can shoot at all levels. We already know how great of a defender he is. He’s a great guard. He’s not afraid. I’m very proud of the way he’s developed."

Woah, what just happened there. I guess Pearl doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

What's he supposed to say?  Well he Jack's up ill-timed threes, consistently turns the ball over whenever he dribbles, and can't for the life of himself stay in front of a ball handler.  BB is like the court itself, when it gets smaller so does his game.

16 minutes ago, Tee_It_Up_AU_TIGERS said:

Longtime member that does not post very often but appreciates the insight. Cole keep up the good work!!!

Preciate it my brother

Brown was a better defender last year because he was part of a 3 headed monster on O allowing him to use more energy on D. This year we need him to do more heavy lifting on O which in turn is affecting his defensive production. 

There are a few things that we needed to go our way for Bryce to get back to junior year Bryce. Danjel needed to not look so far from where he was as a freshman. We needed Wiley to be healthy an a reliable offensive option. We needed Chuma to consistently take a noticeable and sizeable chunk of what left with Heron and he hasn't asserted himself to the point of alleviating Bryce from having to do so much on O. 

Just now, bigbird said:

What's he supposed to say?  Well he Jack's up ill-timed threes, consistently turns the ball over whenever he dribbles, and can't for the life of himself stay in front of a ball handler.  BB is like the court itself, when it gets smaller so does his game.

Your ignorant bias is showing. 

Archived