2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

Just now, Tiger said:

Brown was a better defender last year because he was part of a 3 headed monster on O allowing him to use more energy on D. This year we need him to do more heavy lifting on O which in turn is affecting his defensive production. 

There are a few things that we needed to go our way for Bryce to get back to junior year Bryce. Danjel needed to not look so far from where he was as a freshman. We needed Wiley to be healthy an a reliable offensive option. We needed Chuma to consistently take a noticeable and sizeable chunk of what left with Heron and he hasn't asserted himself to the point of alleviating Bryce from having to do so much on O. 

When I walk away you my apprentice will carry on

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Brown was a better defender last year because he was part of a 3 headed monster on O allowing him to use more energy on D. This year we need him to do more heavy lifting on O which in turn is affecting his defensive production. 

I agree. 

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Name two better perimeter defenders than him. 

Last year Mitchell was much better. I think chumma is better but I don't know for an entire game but if I could hone in on who they wanted to have the ball for the last shot, I would rather have chumma on that defender.

Just now, cole256 said:

Last year Mitchell was much better. I think chumma is better but I don't know for an entire game but if I could hone in on who they wanted to have the ball for the last shot, I would rather have chumma on that defender.

I agree Mitchell was the best on the ball defender. Our perimeter defense could’ve been top notch this year. A poster on another board said Harper and Mitchell didn’t get along ...thought that was interesting.

I would also prefer Okeke’s length as well. 

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

How did turn into another tired and terrible debate about Bryce Brown?

We were giving you a break from getting pummeled from Cole.

JK

keep providing me some recruiting intel 😉

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Your ignorant bias is showing. 

Not at all. I think BB is, by far, our best shooter. I also think he should be the primary scoring option on the 2nd line. He has one of the prettiest shots I've seen and every shot looks the same. That's a testament to his hard work. That doesn't mean he is a good ball handler or half court, on-ball defender.  You say bias, I say objective.  If you are not able to admit he struggles mightily when dribbling  or has a severe lack of lateral quickness which exacerbates his defensive shortcomings, then maybe I'm not the one that is biased.

Just now, bigbird said:

Not at all. I think BB is, by far, our best shooter. I also think he should be the primary scoring option on the 2nd line. He has one of the prettiest shots I've seen and every shot looks the same. That's a testament to his hard work. That doesn't mean he is a good ball handler or half court, on-ball defender.  You say bias, I say objective.  If you are not able to admit he struggles mightily when dribbling  or has a severe lack of lateral quickness which exacerbates his defensive shortcomings, then maybe I'm not the one that is biased.

I think our conversation should just stop tbh.

Back on track here, I really hope get Cooper. @ellitor said that the Steven Hooks chap believes that Cooper won’t be reclassifying and I definitely think that works in our favor. Either way, I still think he’s all Aub and can’t wait to see him throwing lobs for Okoro to thunderously slams down inside The Clam

33 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Back on track here, I really hope get Cooper. @ellitor said that the Steven Hooks chap believes that Cooper won’t be reclassifying and I definitely think that works in our favor. Either way, I still think he’s all Aub and can’t wait to see him throwing lobs for Okoro to thunderously slams down inside The Clam

Kentucky already leads in CBs for top ranked 2020 PG Roach. Have to think Duke will be our biggest threat. 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

How the eff are we supposed to fight off Duke?? 

I haven’t read anything where he even mentions Duke too much. Cooper seems like a UK vs AU battle. BJ Boston is the AOT teammate and big AU target that is reportedly favoring Duke

13 hours ago, Tiger said:

When Coach K first arrived at Duke he was not getting the one and done type players. He was getting really good players and keeping them 3-4 years and turning them into great teams.  He also used to get some street smart PG's from the North East that helped control tempo and made players around them better.  Harper has been one of the better PG's at Auburn in a long time we have been very lucky to get him and he has worked out extremely well. The one area I would like to see him improve on is making the players around him better.  As the floor leader it is up to him to involve the other players. 

20 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It all depends on if they want him or not. They were going to get combo guard RJ Hampton in 2020 but it’s widely speculated he’s reclassifying to 2019 which would open up a spot for Cooper. They’re also still trying to get on Roach which Kentucky leads for. So it could be we fight off tbe loser of the Jeremy Roach sweepstakes. 

• 1 month later...

I am slightly biased, but any HS BB player that watched this AU team should be standing in line begging CBP for a scholarship.

Also, with this latest development with Jared, the door is wide open for this kid to come in and make some history with AU.

35 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I am slightly biased, but any HS BB player that watched this AU team should be standing in line begging CBP for a scholarship.

Also, with this latest development with Jared, the door is wide open for this kid to come in and make some history with AU.

unfortunately it doesn't work this way very much. All the logic in the world that favors AU, doesn't mean anything when it comes to where a hot recruit eventually ends up playing. 

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

unfortunately it doesn't work this way very much. All the logic in the world that favors AU, doesn't mean anything when it comes to where a hot recruit eventually ends up playing. 

Ain't that the truth when it comes to big time OL and especially OT recruits for football!!!!!! lol. If it came down to logic we would be reeling in the big time prospects at what has desperately been our position of need for what seems like the past several years!!! haha.

Probably means he had a detailed phone convo with both Bruce and Jared, and Harper told him he’s gone no matter what. So young Sharife is now getting a nerd to take some online classes form him and he’ll be enrolled in the summer

Archived