2020 5* PG Sharife Cooper Commits to AU! (9/27)

ellitor

I’m confused. First, I thought Cooper reclassifying to 2019 was debunked? But I keep seeing posts assuming he will still. I think we will be fighting to sign him in ‘20 against KY. Never count out a blue blood school. 

And i still think we will have to claw and scrape to get these 5* players even w Pearl. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

So if he reclassifies, would he be coming in during January like Wiley did?

I think that would just depend on when he is actually able to graduate HS. If he can do it over the summer he would come in during fall per usual but if it took another semester he'll have to wait and enroll for spring. Seems odd to me that this is so up in the air. Its getting close to summer time for HS so i'd think he would know if its possible at this point or not. But maybe he is struggling with the decision to forgo his Senior year. I could certainly understand where that would be a hard decision. 

Right. Lol does he have enough credits to accomplish this or no? Seems like it should be a cut and dry situation unless he has the credits and is debating whether or not to skip his senior year of HS.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Right. Lol does he have enough credits to accomplish this or no? Seems like it should be a cut and dry situation unless he has the credits and is debating whether or not to skip his senior year of HS.

I’m not sure on this, but the sense that I’ve gotten is that there may be some summer classes he’d need to take, and it’s possible he’d finish after the actual school year. Anyone who has better information on this, feel free to correct me.

10 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

I’m not sure on this, but the sense that I’ve gotten is that there may be some summer classes he’d need to take, and it’s possible he’d finish after the actual school year. Anyone who has better information on this, feel free to correct me.

Right but even with the summer classes, as long as he passes it should in theory just be easy math. Either he's on track to graduate, with summer classes, in time to be eligible or he isn't. We haven't really heard why there is any uncertainty. That's all I'm sayin 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Right but even with the summer classes, as long as he passes it should in theory just be easy math. Either he's on track to graduate, with summer classes, in time to be eligible or he isn't. We haven't really heard why there is any uncertainty. That's all I'm sayin 

True, true. But we did get those twitter rumblings last week. I took those to mean that things are at least theoretically on track for him to reclassify, but that we might not hear more than rumblings until it was a done deal. That’s speculation on my part for sure, but thats nonetheless the impression that I got.

On 4/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, AUbehemoth said:

We wouldn't have to. We just had 4 seniors graduate. And Jared Harper declare early. That's 5 scholarships

Not true. There will be a squeeze if we reel in Rayjon and Sharife with Chuma returning.

Returning scholarship players next year:

Jamal

Danjel

J’Von

Samir

Anfernee

Austin

Chuma

We signed 5:

Isaac

Turbo

Jaylin

Stretch

Allen

That’s 12, leaving us with one scholarship with between Rayjon and Sharife. 

So best solution would probably be to have Flanigan walk-on to free up another scholarship. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Not true. There will be a squeeze if we reel in Rayjon and Sharife with Chuma returning.

Jamal

Danjel

J’Von

Samir

Anfernee

Austin

Chuma

We signed 5:

Isaac

Turbo

Jaylin

Stretch

Allen

So best solution would probably be to have Flanigan walk-on to free up another scholarship. 

If Chuma was to return then what's the best case scenario of him getting in playing shape? I think I've seen mid to late season at the earliest but not sure if that's realistic or just wishful thinking. On a side note when I see Turbo and Stretch I envision us having signed a couple of Justice League members (they sound like DC names). 

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

If Chuma was to return then what's the best case scenario of him getting in playing shape? I think I've seen mid to late season at the earliest but not sure if that's realistic or just wishful thinking. On a side note when I see Turbo and Stretch I envision us having signed a couple of Justice League members (they sound like DC names). 

Roughly around the start of conference play if he has a good recovery.  

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Jamal

Danjel

J’Von

Samir

Anfernee

Austin

Chuma

We signed 5:

Isaac

Turbo

Jaylin

Stretch

Allen

Will MCCoy is on scholly and Cole was but is graduating. 

What I'm wondering is if he has no plans to reclassify, why did he participate in senior day with his teammates who were graduating? Am I remembering wrong, or does this still seem like he's going to try to reclassify?

33 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

what did he say?

That people were talking about him re-classifying only because Harper went pro. That he had no plans to re-classify

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

That people were talking about him re-classifying only because Harper went pro. That he had no plans to re-classify

Jerry Meyer fanned the flames of the rumor. Not our fault. 

He’s reclassifying if Harper actually winds up leaving. He’s just walking it back now because his commitment and announcement basically got spoiled. He still wants to have his day so just let him have it

Can Harper come back? I hear somewhere that you can only declare for the Draft once and come back. Can you do it multiple times?

21 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Can Harper come back? I hear somewhere that you can only declare for the Draft once and come back. Can you do it multiple times?

As I understand it, he is still eligible to return if he were to choose that. It seems like he's pretty set with his decision, but I do wonder what will happen if he finds out nobody is planning to draft him. 

5 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:

I’m pretty sure you can return twice, but the third time you have to stay in. From what i understand Jared is fully committed to turning pro no matter what.

41 minutes ago, WarGolfEagle said:

I’m pretty sure you can return twice, but the third time you have to stay in. From what i understand Jared is fully committed to turning pro no matter what.

The key point is the date. May 29th is the date players must pull out of draft, if they wish to continue their college eligibility.

Archived