Haley Fagan Arrested for Shoplifting

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Looks like more than taking a few packages of Pampers...   as I recall, she spent a total of 6 years in various colleges...but must have missed her sex-ed classes. 

Price switching is unfortunately a very common retail theft. I've been in retail for 35 years and I've seen it, caught it and had charges filed. Retailers these days don't fool with filing charges in a lot of cases, just give me my stuff back, you can go is more common. Then ban them from the store. She switched over $300 from the way it reads so she definitely messed up. A mom and pop operation might pursue this more than a big box retailer. Corporations are scared of lawsuits. Not really sure why this thinking took over. Can't even stop people until they pass the point of sale in certain retailers. The point is that if they get that far they are at the door and gone. 

19 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Price switching is unfortunately a very common retail theft. I've been in retail for 35 years and I've seen it, caught it and had charges filed. Retailers these days don't fool with filing charges in a lot of cases, just give me my stuff back, you can go is more common. Then ban them from the store. She switched over $300 from the way it reads so she definitely messed up. A mom and pop operation might pursue this more than a big box retailer. Corporations are scared of lawsuits. Not really sure why this thinking took over. Can't even stop people until they pass the point of sale in certain retailers. The point is that if they get that far they are at the door and gone. 

That's my understanding too.....a waste of time usually to go through the legal process unless there are some other issues too.    Too bad......chances are she could have talked or cried her way out of it if there was just a handful of household items. 

Just as a side note, $2000 bond is minimal.  The local rag here in rural TN does a lot of crime reporting, and I don't think I've ever seen a bond that low.  More typical would be 8-10K for stuff like simple possession of a controlled substance.  I've seen cases with multiple offenses going into six figures.  It only cost her $200 to get out, if she used a bail bondsman.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

This from the arrest warrant:  It was more than a few pampers.

LARC-RETAIL THEFT 300 MORE DOLS SWITCH CONTENTS Violation Level F

Lol....never understood legal speak after 25 plus years of reading pages of Life Insurance policies for families.......Take Liberty National Brown Service Policy 1972 for example.....6 pages to say......We aint honoring this policy cause we done blown all your money?

4 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Just as a side note, $2000 bond is minimal.  The local rag here in rural TN does a lot of crime reporting, and I don't think I've ever seen a bond that low.  More typical would be 8-10K for stuff like simple possession of a controlled substance.  I've seen cases with multiple offenses going into six figures.  It only cost her $200 to get out, if she used a bail bondsman.

Guess it might depend on if a person is considered to be a flight risk.  A "friend" was arrested for major felonies ( $10k+)  complicity because he was infatuated with a woman who was BAD NEWS and knew of some burglaries she had participated in....and he was jailed with $2000 bond....wanted me to bail him out but I figured he was safer in jail since he had been evicted from his apartment, etc. etc...and would go back to that woman.    And despite that he was let go for a couple hundred bucks.....so you just never know. 

18 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I can't help but think there's a little karma in play here. Hope she figures life out before it eats her up.

True...this might be a wake-up call for some people....hope that is the case.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

True...this might be a wake-up call for some people....hope that is the case.

Yea... don't get me wrong. I don't want to dog on the girl... she seems to have some anger issues, and those, more often than not, stem from being significantly hurt by others. I just can't help but notice that every time there was drama in our softball program, her name always seemed to come up.

8 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... don't get me wrong. I don't want to dog on the girl... she seems to have some anger issues, and those, more often than not, stem from being significantly hurt by others. I just can't help but notice that every time there was drama in our softball program, her name always seemed to come up.

Well she was a pretty good player and she was outspoken and kind of brash so it stands to reason she'd get attention. I'm pretty sure she had nothing to do with the decisions that Clint and Corey Myers made though. You cannot blame her for the drama they created in the program. 

10 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Can you provide specifics on this statement?  The only incidents I recall was what happened at Florida after one of the games (which was a whole lot of nothing and way over blown) and the marijuana arrest (which she tested negative for).

58 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Can you provide specifics on this statement?  The only incidents I recall was what happened at Florida after one of the games (which was a whole lot of nothing and way over blown) and the marijuana arrest (which she tested negative for).

I could tell ya but it would be rumors.   She had practice of stealing before being caught shoplifting. 

And no offense, her behavior at that Florida game was one of the most disrespectful displays of immaturity, sportsmanship that has been displayed by an Auburn athlete in uniform.

Archived