Null

Sign in to follow this  
OlderWhiskey

Haley Fagan Arrested for Shoplifting

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Looks like more than taking a few packages of Pampers...   as I recall, she spent a total of 6 years in various colleges...but must have missed her sex-ed classes. 

Price switching is unfortunately a very common retail theft. I've been in retail for 35 years and I've seen it, caught it and had charges filed. Retailers these days don't fool with filing charges in a lot of cases, just give me my stuff back, you can go is more common. Then ban them from the store. She switched over $300 from the way it reads so she definitely messed up. A mom and pop operation might pursue this more than a big box retailer. Corporations are scared of lawsuits. Not really sure why this thinking took over. Can't even stop people until they pass the point of sale in certain retailers. The point is that if they get that far they are at the door and gone. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Price switching is unfortunately a very common retail theft. I've been in retail for 35 years and I've seen it, caught it and had charges filed. Retailers these days don't fool with filing charges in a lot of cases, just give me my stuff back, you can go is more common. Then ban them from the store. She switched over $300 from the way it reads so she definitely messed up. A mom and pop operation might pursue this more than a big box retailer. Corporations are scared of lawsuits. Not really sure why this thinking took over. Can't even stop people until they pass the point of sale in certain retailers. The point is that if they get that far they are at the door and gone. 

That's my understanding too.....a waste of time usually to go through the legal process unless there are some other issues too.    Too bad......chances are she could have talked or cried her way out of it if there was just a handful of household items. 

Just as a side note, $2000 bond is minimal.  The local rag here in rural TN does a lot of crime reporting, and I don't think I've ever seen a bond that low.  More typical would be 8-10K for stuff like simple possession of a controlled substance.  I've seen cases with multiple offenses going into six figures.  It only cost her $200 to get out, if she used a bail bondsman.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

This from the arrest warrant:  It was more than a few pampers.

LARC-RETAIL THEFT 300 MORE DOLS SWITCH CONTENTS Violation Level F

Lol....never understood legal speak after 25 plus years of reading pages of Life Insurance policies for families.......Take Liberty National Brown Service Policy 1972 for example.....6 pages to say......We aint honoring this policy cause we done blown all your money😆

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Just as a side note, $2000 bond is minimal.  The local rag here in rural TN does a lot of crime reporting, and I don't think I've ever seen a bond that low.  More typical would be 8-10K for stuff like simple possession of a controlled substance.  I've seen cases with multiple offenses going into six figures.  It only cost her $200 to get out, if she used a bail bondsman.

Guess it might depend on if a person is considered to be a flight risk.  A "friend" was arrested for major felonies ( $10k+)  complicity because he was infatuated with a woman who was BAD NEWS and knew of some burglaries she had participated in....and he was jailed with $2000 bond....wanted me to bail him out but I figured he was safer in jail since he had been evicted from his apartment, etc. etc...and would go back to that woman.    And despite that he was let go for a couple hundred bucks.....so you just never know.