U.S. Open Golf

augolf1716

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck of a birdie for Reed to get him back into the hunt.....still thinking it could end in a play off....2 or 3 way?  

Long wait for Fleetwood to watch the final holes.....would be hard to head back out and play if he ends up in a tie.

DJ putting like some of my days.....And Koepka made a nice par save.....that one stroke lead is pretty shaky today though...

Seems like every time I see one of leaders land one in the high grass and looks damning for them, they follow up with a dandy to escape with minor damage. Let’s see if that continues.

6 hours ago, around4ever said:

It was explained as playing a moving ball is a 2 stroke penalty while stopping a ball is DQable.  I'm not sure what difference it makes but there are 2 separate rules covering them. 

Agreed. I thought it could have been ruled either way though.

Koepka looks like he has this one....DJ could not make a reasonable putt all day. 

And Fleetwood's round by comparison with the rest of afternoon field was remarkable.

40 minutes ago, AU64 said:

DJ putting like some of my days.....And Koepka made a nice par save.....that one stroke lead is pretty shaky today though...

18 tomorrow?

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

18 tomorrow?

nope…..Koepka will problem take the trophy home again....

FSU grad....

Congrats BK. Two in a row. Hell of an accomplishment.

I spent the afternoon with the family at TopGolf for Father's Day.   The Open was on and I got to see parts of it.  I'm surprised that Koepka was able to hang on at +1 to win it. The way the scores were going early I thought -2 or -3 may win it.  

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, AU64 said:

Yep...USGA on the defensive again....think they have forgotten that the game is about the players and not the golf courses....greens are about unreadable and best players in the world can't putt them or keep a ball on them.    This kind of golf does not do much to aid the popularity of the game....

I am all for a challenging course, especially for the pro's.......However, at this rate would be better off playing on concrete.

Archived