2019 S Kendarian Handy-Holly (Minnesota Transfer)

Maverick.AU

Former Minnesota safety Kendarian Handy-Holly to transfer to Auburn

Benjamin Wolk

Minnesota transfer Kendarian Handy-Holly will be a member of Auburn’s football team this fall, the safety confirmed.

The Jackson, Ala., native announced his intention to transfer earlier this spring in hopes of returning closer to home. Minnesota granted Handy-Holly full release, and he decided last week his next step is to play safety for Auburn. He and his family are on Auburn’s campus Thursday watching the Tigers 7-on-7 tournament and spending time with coaches.

Handy-Holly will have four years to play three. He will redshirt during the 2018 season.

Handy-Holly was recruited heavily out of Jackson, Ala. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound safety held offers from Florida, Louisville, Mississippi State, Memphis and others out of high school, but neither of the big in-state schools offered him.

As a true freshman, Handy-Holly played in 7 games for the Gophers. He recorded 12 tackles and 1 forced fumble.

Edited by ellitor

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I Posted this in the wrong place E, I started one in rivals on accident. Lol

No worries! I got ya Mav!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

IMG_1709.PNG

Tells me @Mikey & I were right. We didn't have any spots left to add a schollied player right now.

• Like 1

I find it weird he chose Minnesota in the 1st place.. little different then Jackson, AL.  I'm guessing thats why hes transferring closer to home and giving up a scholly?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I find it weird he chose Minnesota in the 1st place.. little different then Jackson, AL.  I'm guessing thats why hes transferring closer to home and giving up a scholly?

His dad is the HS coach at Blount. Helps relationships down there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2018 S Kendarian Handy-Holly transferring to AU! (Walk On)

He was a really good high school player. St. Paul folks can attest to that from 2016 state 5A semifinals. I suspect AU just does not have a scholarship to give but advised that if he does what he should do they will give him one in a year. Dont know that but would make sense. Anyway a very athletic guy who can help at the safety position. As to why Minnesota there are a number of south alabama area kids up there. Two from Murphy in the last four or five years i know of.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, auol72 said:

I suspect AU just does not have a scholarship to give but advised that if he does what he should do they will give him one in a year.

My thinking as well. I think he will get a scholly In January or the next Summer or Fall & be in the 2019 class.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

Kid's already got more D1 experience than half the safeties on our roster. Which is 2 guys I think.

Good stuff. 4 years to play 3 and he doesn't count against the salary cap this year. That's my kind of transfer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What am I missing?

Wasn’t offered by AU or Bama, but Florida and Louisville did who both recruit and produce good safeties.

Sorry, should've made that clearer especially since he didn’t actually commit to them.

3 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Wasn’t offered by AU or Bama, but Florida and Louisville did who both recruit and produce good safeties.

Sorry, should've made that clearer especially since he didn’t actually commit to them.

My guess ios didn't have a committable offer from them but at least had some interest in him.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

My guess ios didn't have a committable offer from them but at least had some interest in him.

yeah hard to believe kid from AL would choose the Gofers over UF or Lousiville

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Kid's already got more D1 experience than half the safeties on our roster. Which is 2 guys I think.

Exactly!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

yeah hard to believe kid from AL would choose the Gofers over UF or Lousiville

Yep, he was ranked about even with or a little higher than UF’s lone safety recruit that year, but the Gators took 6 DBs in 2017, so he probably wasn’t a take for them once it was all said and done

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Yep, he was ranked about even with or a little higher than UF’s lone safety recruit that year, but the Gators took 6 DBs in 2017, so he probably wasn’t a take for them once it was all said and done

11 P5 offers is still nothing to sneeze about even though most aren't from the elites. Good catch djg.

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Before anyone asks... he can’t play til 2019

Ahh. And I suppose 2018 will count against his 4 remaining years of eligibility? 

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Ahh. And I suppose 2018 will count against his 4 remaining years of eligibility? 

Correct. This next year will essentially serve as his redshirt year.

Edited by ellitor

17 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Before anyone asks... he can’t play til 2019

Why do I post articles? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4