Sign in to follow this  
Maverick.AU

2019 S Kendarian Handy-Holly (Minnesota Transfer)

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Well he will be a good example of the new redshirt rule. A player who has had a year of college ball. Now he needs some time to learn a new defense and will be able to provide some fresh legs for amen corner. 

Not applicable to the new red shirt rule. As a transfer he has to sit out a year. That hasn’t changed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Does anyone know how he was rated coming out of HS?

 For those who don’t know, when a player transfers to another college and his 247 profile is embedded on AUF,  you can click on the player’s name and it will take you to his full 247 profile page which shows what the player was rated as a high school recruit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Can’t remember what coach Steele calls it.

The SAM/Money backer

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Correct. This next year will essentially serve as his redshirt year.

With the new rule, he can play in 4 games and retain red shirt.   I would hope they would let him learn the system and then get him in some meaningful games this year if he shows out in practice.

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LakeBum said:

With the new rule, he can play in 4 games and retain red shirt.   I would hope they would let him learn the system and then get him in some meaningful games this year if he shows out in practice.

No he can't for 2 reasons.

1. If he plays even 1 solitary snap this season AU would have to count him to the 2018 25 initial counter limit regardless if he is on scholly or not. AU's 25 limit for 2018 is full. It's the precise reason he is walking on right now.

2. The new transfer & Redshirt rules the NCAA just passed are not conjioned. An undergrad transfer has to sit out 1 full year as part of NCAA transfer rules. That has not changed. Teams use it as a redshirt year but in reality it's not a true redshirt year. It's a transfer year that the kids must sit

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potential to be a baller after a year in the weight room and working with the team. Nice get. Hope he is an All American when he graduates.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No he can't for 2 reasons.

1. If he plays even 1 solitary snap this season AU would have to count him to the 2018 25 initial counter limit regardless if he is on scholly or not. AU's 25 limit for 2018 is full. It's the precise reason he is walking on right now.

2. The new transfer & Redshirt rules the NCAA just passed are not conjioned. An undergrad transfer has to sit out 1 full year as part of NCAA transfer rules. That has not changed. Teams use it as a redshirt year but in reality it's not a true redshirt year. It's a transfer year that the kids must sit

Then why not sit out a year. And practice on the scout team and save his redshirt. .or does playing scout team count as an eligible year, meaning he would have to burn his redshirt? Or gray shirt stuation may change the dynamic ? May be dumb question!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toddc said:

Then why not sit out a year. And practice on the scout team and save his redshirt. .or does playing scout team count as an eligible year, meaning he would have to burn his redshirt? Or gray shirt stuation may change the dynamic ? May be dumb question!

There is no saving a RS for a transfer. You're transfer year is essentially your RS year. If you don't use your RS year in your transfer year & use it later then in a later season you are limiting yourself to 4 games in 1 of the seasons when you could have played all remaining games of your eligibility if you used your transfer year as your RS year. Remember the 5 year clock to get all your eligibility in is still in play.. You still have to get all your 4+ playing years in that 5 year window. Therefore it would be ill advised to not use your transfer year as your RS year if you are a transfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ellitor said:

His dad is the HS coach at Blount. Helps relationships down there.

Anywhere but Auburn. But yea. Kid is very talented but didn't have it all together coming out of high school. He has matured and will be a good one for AU. Has Sunday talent. Will be put on scholly sooner than later. 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not applicable to the new red shirt rule. As a transfer he has to sit out a year. That hasn’t changed.

For a brief moment I was thinking he could play 4 games. Then shucks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Anywhere but Auburn. But yea. Kid is very talented but didn't have it all together coming out of high school. He has matured and will be a good one for AU. Has Sunday talent. Will be put on scholly sooner than later. 

 

I see what you did..........................;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Anywhere but Auburn. But yea. Kid is very talented but didn't have it all together coming out of high school. He has matured and will be a good one for AU. Has Sunday talent. Will be put on scholly sooner than later. 

 

Lucky for us, his dad is a coach and thus one of the few that isn't affected by the "anywhere but Auburn" attitude that prevails down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Lucky for us, his dad is a coach and thus one of the few that isn't affected by the "anywhere but Auburn" attitude that prevails down there.

If you would have used a gif this rebuttal would have had more impact. JMO....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so everyone knows the entire history he did not live with his dad who coaches in Mobile but rather lived with his mother in Jackson so dad didn’t have a lot of influence either way just so all facts are on table.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing wde is right he is a heck of a talent and has potential to be a super player if he has matured. I wanted AU to take a chance on him when he graduated from Jackson anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fredst said:

If you would have used a gif this rebuttal would have had more impact. JMO....

Just as use of profanity reveals a poor vocabulary, use if gifs reveals poor writing skills.

  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Just as use of profanity reveals a poor vocabulary, use if gifs reveals poor writing skills.

What a crap post. Get out of here with this mess. Seriously.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

He who is on his high horse eventually falls off

Well damn I've been thrown off so many horses in my younger days. I use to get paid to try and break horses. Amazed I never broke any bones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Confucius?

Clayfucious

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this