2019 S Kendarian Handy-Holly (Minnesota Transfer)

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

yeah hard to believe kid from AL would choose the Gofers over UF or Lousiville

I don't know, Florida wasn't too happy with McElwain and Louisville has Petrino. I'd be buying my son a hooded parka too for the cold winters if that was my choice. But I get what your saying in regard to football reputation. 

Edited by gr82be

Does anyone know how he was rated coming out of HS?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Why do I post articles? lol

So that people can inevitably still ask questions already answered in the article, duh. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, auol72 said:

He was a really good high school player. St. Paul folks can attest to that from 2016 state 5A semifinals. I suspect AU just does not have a scholarship to give but advised that if he does what he should do they will give him one in a year. Dont know that but would make sense. Anyway a very athletic guy who can help at the safety position. As to why Minnesota there are a number of south alabama area kids up there. Two from Murphy in the last four or five years i know of.

Guess he got tried of rowing the boat..............................see how many get it

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Kid's already got more D1 experience than half the safeties on our roster. Which is 2 guys I think.

Good stuff. 4 years to play 3 and he doesn't count against the salary cap this year. That's my kind of transfer. 

I know he was not a starter but UM led the Big 10 in pass defense last year. Just playing with that group was good experience imo

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know he was not a starter but UM led the Big 10 in pass defense last year. Just playing with that group was good experience imo

12 tackles and a forced fumble in seven games is pretty solid for a true freshman safety, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

12 tackles and a forced fumble in seven games is pretty solid for a true freshman safety, right?

pretty solid imo............... of course god knows we all here know who himself thinks is the expert...............................................long tall yellow one

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Friend had a hunting camp in Walker Springs in the mid late 80's I think they had a Hardees.......Was dry county and may still be.......Just down the road from the camp was a house where locals went to buy wine.

Young man has good size........War Eagle!?

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

pretty solid imo............... of course god knows we all here know who himself thinks is the expert...............................................long tall yellow one

Nah...just the leader in the clubhouse.

• Like 1

Like his size a lot!

I bet coach Wood can do some good work with him! War Eagle, excellent get for a walk on transfer. 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

After the first round lets see where you end up by Sunday

I've seen the field...

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Like his size a lot!

I bet coach Wood can do some good work with him! War Eagle, excellent get for a walk on transfer. 

Brown coaches safeties

• Like 2

Just now, augolf1716 said:

but not the light?

To be fair, we weren't all around when he said, "let there be light"

• Haha 3

Just now, bigbird said:

Brown coaches safeties

My bad, so together our secondary is being lead by Brown/Wood

Yellawood might get jealous!

• Haha 1

Can we expect him to see the field come fall? @ellitor Chime in if you would like.

Walk on? Do we really need this guy if he can't even get a scholarship?

Not a lot of sec offers. That is a concern for me

He played for Minnesota. I don't know how well he can transition to SEC speed.

3 star? Watch him become a 2 star since they hate us because they ain't us.

That covers most of it

• Love 1

2 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

not a bad rating for this young man. I am excited about his future at Auburn and think he will develop into a solid safety for us.

Speed could be the concern but who says he doesn’t put on 10 lbs and play outside backer.  Atkinson’s role.  Can’t remember what coach Steele calls it.  

If that isn’t an option at least he provides depth and probably special teams player.  

Well he will be a good example of the new redshirt rule. A player who has had a year of college ball. Now he needs some time to learn a new defense and will be able to provide some fresh legs for amen corner. 

• Like 1