2019 3* OT Justin Osborne Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

16 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I just kind of wonder what our board looks like for the offensive line and if we are already having to slide well down it to get prospects.

crossing-off-names-in-the-book.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lutzcammed said:

I just kind of wonder what our board looks like for the offensive line and if we are already having to slide well down it to get prospects.

CA112053-0311-4756-895D-DAACCA7DBEFE.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I think we get him but going to have to fight for it jmo

Maybe we should sic T-Will or Porter on this one? Or even, dare I say it, assign BOTH of them to the project? That otta' do it!

• Angry 1

34 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Could Cain be recruiting for us?  

Don’t think so. Not yet at least.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Maybe we should sic T-Will or Porter on this one? Or even, dare I say it, assign BOTH of them to the project? That otta' do it!

giphy.gif

• Love 2

52 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I say we let Grimes continue to prove his recruiting prowess. 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well your persistent 

• Haha 1

The board has to be Dobbs, Putnam, Jones, Osborne, and the two Pensacola kids, right? I don’t know it care what order those guys are in, but those are the names that keep getting bounced around. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Well your persistent 

I’m not sure that’s the descriptor I would have used ?.....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

The board has to be Dobbs, Putnam, Jones, Osborne, and the two Pensacola kids, right?

Not necessarily. Neither P-cola kid was a take. If you're talking entire OL as it looks by you including Jones who is an OG target, then you have other known targets in Wanya, Darius Thomas, Warren McClendon, & Clay Webb. AU could easily have other targets not known to the public yet.

42 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m not sure that’s the descriptor I would have used ?.....

Yeah. I might have gone with painintheasstant.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. Neither P-cola kid was a take. If you're talking entire OL as it looks by you including Jones who is an OG target, then you have other known targets in Wanya, Darius Thomas, Warren McClendon, & Clay Webb. AU could easily have other targets not known to the public yet.

Seems like the transfers always come out of nowhere and goodness knows we've taken a few on the OL. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seems like the transfers always come out of nowhere and goodness knows we've taken a few on the OL. 

Yup!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. I might have gone with painintheasstant.

It's hot, hard, dirty work but somebody has to do it.

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's hot, hard, dirty work but somebody has to do it.

Now that Viper is off in the ether:

8FCEFA72-3859-4D08-8F07-36805A7C9713.gif

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Coaches get hot on the recruiting trail.  Mikey has been around long enough to know. Is he stubborn? Well yes, but if something works, run it until the wheels fall off! That has been my motto! It has paid off more than it hasn't.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Putnam has to be a take. He is going to start somewhere for more years than he doesn't. Yes, he is another OG/C, but you can't pass on his talent IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Who's your daddy said:

Putnam has to be a take. He is going to start somewhere for more years than he doesn't. Yes, he is another OG/C, but you can't pass on his talent IMO.

Putnam is a take. Per Corch we like him at OG & OT.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* OT/OG Justin Osborne (TCU Decommit 6/19/18)

Putnam definitely has the athleticism to play RT. He looks like an Austin Golson-ish player to me.

• Like 1

Both these guys, Putnam and Osborne are athletic enough to play either tackle. It would be great if they were taller but they are not and quick feet and athleticism are more important than just being tall. Greg Robinson was only 6"4" and he was pretty good. If we could get these two guys and Jones to go with Clarke we would be ok. If by some hook or crook we take five which i would like but dont know with 15 on scholarship now if we can, depends on how many stay or go after this year, throw Dobbs in and it is an ausome class.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I'm the nicest guy here. Just ask bird

IMG_0680.GIF

• Like 1
  • Love 1