ellitor

2019 3* OT/OG Justin Osborne Commits to AU!!!

Recommended Posts

Update 6/24: Committed to AU

 


Update 6/19: Decommitted from TCU after OV to AU

 

 

Quote

Osborne ranks as the nation’s No. 40 tackle and the No. 428 overall prospect. Offensive line coach J.B. Grimes made as many allowable trips as possible this spring to scout at IMG Academy. It wasn’t until recently that Osborne emerged as the most likely OL candidate for the Tigers to nab from the Bradenton, Fla., prep school.

Auburn wasn’t the only program to pick up interest in Osborne this spring. Florida, Arizona and Utah all offered after Osborne’s commitment to TCU on Feb. 7.

Osborne took an official visit to the Plains last weekend. He announced his de-commitment from the Horned Frogs shortly thereafter, and it came with the full intention of re-committing to Auburn shortly after that.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/breaking-auburn-commit-justin-osborne-tcu

 

  • 15+ major conference offers including AU, TCU, Arizona, Arkansas, Baylor, Houston, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Okie St., Ole Miss, SMU, & Texas A&M among others
  • Picked up AU offer 4/23/18
  • Previously committed to TCU
  • OV to AU June 15-17
  • Recruiter: Brown (P), Grimes (S)
  • Played at Marcus High School in Flower Mound, TX before transferring to IMG
     
Quote

Osborne is rated as the No. 40 offensive tackle in the class, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. He is also considered the 55th-best player in Florida and the No. 428 overall prospect in the 2019 class.

Osborne is also the first true offensive tackle commit for Auburn since five-star Calvin Ashley committed to the 2017 class. Auburn landed three-star Brooks offensive tackle Kameron Stutts in the last class, but he will play guard for the Tigers.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/06/justin_osborne_commits_auburn.html

Three-star IMG Academy offensive tackle Justin Ocborne committed to Auburn on Sunday. (Photo courtesy 247Sports)
Photo: 247Sports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




3*, #425 overall, but 15 major conference offers and IMG took him in. I won't pretend that he's Wanya Morris or that things are going great w/ OL recruiting but he might be a little underrated by the recruiting services. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Why create a thread for a 'Hard Commit' to another team?

He committed to TCU 4 months ago, has since left his high school in Texas, he's taking an OV here and we're getting somewhat desperate for OTs. Also, we hired JB Grimes immediately after this guy committed to TCU, I believe. Not sure if that means anything or not but the point is that kid may or may not be saying he's a hard commit- you never know the last time that was updated- but a lot has changed since he committed to the Frogs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Why create a thread for a 'Hard Commit' to another team?

Listed as a hard commit on a site doesn't make it true.

Also for my personal view, any kid who takes an OV to AU gets a thread. OVs are a good barometer to have a good idea who our staff is truly interested in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, he's a guy we seem to prioritize over other higher- or equally-rated guys. The two things you have to like about this guy's film is (1) his athleticism working in space and (2) his finish on blocks. He looks a little sloppy footwork-wise, and he's not super-quick off the ball. Still, you can't teach a big guy to be athletic so I get why Grimes likes him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Yeah, he's a guy we seem to prioritize over other higher- or equally-rated guys. The two things you have to like about this guy's film is (1) his athleticism working in space and (2) his finish on blocks. He looks a little sloppy footwork-wise, and he's not super-quick off the ball. Still, you can't teach a big guy to be athletic so I get why Grimes likes him.

Talk dirty, Guf.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my daughter decided to attend TCU next year so she’s excited about this guy.

E1FCBD97-42C0-4383-9CAC-B83830297788.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fredst said:

Well, my daughter decided to attend TCU next year so she’s excited about this guy.

E1FCBD97-42C0-4383-9CAC-B83830297788.jpeg

Nice. I partied with some kids down there one time. I mean, when I was a kid, too. Seemed like a pretty cool place with a lot of really bright people around. And Railhead (bbq) and Joe T. Garcia's (fajitas and margaritas) were awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Nice. I partied with some kids down there one time. I mean, when I was a kid, too. Seemed like a pretty cool place with a lot of really bright people around. And Railhead (bbq) and Joe T. Garcia's (fajitas and margaritas) were awesome.

It seems like a pretty neat place and has a vibe a lot like Auburn, just about half of the size. After going to a fairly small private school and being around a lot of the same kids since kindergarten she was ready for some new experiences. Agree about Railhead(great brisket), will have to check out Garcia's (heard tell of it but haven't yet tried). Ft. Worth is a pretty cool town.

Edited by fredst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fredst said:

It seems like a pretty neat place and has a vibe a lot like Auburn, just about half of the size. After going to a fairly small private school and being around a lot of the same kids since kindergarten she was ready for some new experiences. Agree about Railhead(great brisket), will have to check out Garcia's (heard tell of it but haven't yet tried). Ft. Worth is a pretty cool town.

And Dallas next door. Pretty strong combo. 

Good for her for branching out, btw. She'll be so glad she did. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And Dallas next door. Pretty strong combo. 

Good for her for branching out, btw. She'll be so glad she did. 

I was in Dallas for a year in my training- loved all the cultural, dining, etc. opportunities but was a little too large for my taste. Great place to go visit her though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fredst said:

I was in Dallas for a year in my training- loved all the cultural, dining, etc. opportunities but was a little too large for my taste. Great place to go visit her though.

Heck yeah.

Not for your family, though, young Master Osborne. They would hate it. They'd love Auburn and the 1 hr drive to Atlanta way more. Promise. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Heck yeah.

Not for your family, though, young Master Osborne. They would hate it. They'd love Auburn and the 1 hr drive to Atlanta way more. Promise. 

Agree. I take back everything I said. Dallas/Fort Worth...crap holes. Auburn is such a better place. I think Mr. Osborne should just plan to visit my daughter at TCU when not playing for Auburn.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, fredst said:

Well, my daughter decided to attend TCU next year so she’s excited about this guy.

With the gifs & jokes you post that must be a fun house to live in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With the gifs & jokes you post that must be a fun house to live in.

I’m a really funny dude, no doubt. Three teenage girls though will make you:

E2ED71A3-FBA3-4DFA-8B9C-4761A83D3790.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

tumblr_inline_ou919ihJWa1v2yzwl_540.gif

Anything with Kermit needs to be allowed double “likes”😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m a really funny dude, no doubt. Three teenage girls though will make you:

E2ED71A3-FBA3-4DFA-8B9C-4761A83D3790.gif

Father in law? Is that you?

(My wife and her two sisters as adults... good gravy... couldn't imagine them as simultaneous teens. It's amazing nobody died.)

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’m starting to like this kid for some reason.  

Because he's an OT who might be willing to play for us? 

Nah, he's a lot more impressive on paper than his recruiting ranking would suggest. I'm curious how many of his big offers came after he was already committed to TCU, and if he only committed to them because he didn't think anything sexier was going to come his way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just decommitted from TCU. Visited us last week

 

 

 

Maybe he fears the frog🤔....

D1159740-4095-4C2B-8209-5259D402912D.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now