2019 3* OT Justin Osborne Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

Probably closer to a German short hair. It’s a pointer, originally bred in Hungary. If you like that type dog they are very handsome I think.

And, I have no idea what this has to do with AU recruiting ?

Do you have a GIF of one? ?

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wonder what kind of dog/s Justin Osborne has...

Man, and this derailment was going so well...

A6982D01-16F5-4828-AFB6-7D4C41768032.gif

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, and this derailment was going so well...

A6982D01-16F5-4828-AFB6-7D4C41768032.gif

Loof got it. It was intended as humor & not my old spoil sport persona.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* OT/OG Justin Osborne Commits to AU!!!

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

I believe this is our first EVER commit directly from IMG. WOOOOOO!!!!!! THE CURSE IS OVERRRRRRRRRRRR BOYS!!!!!!!!!!! Asa was back at his original high school when he committed to us last cycle. LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! BREAK THE WALLS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!!!! haha WAR DAMN!!!!!

• Like 3

• Love 1

This is a good get.  Depth type player that could possibly start a couple years.  Which is what we need right now.  Welcome aboard young man.  Come to work, Hard Work!  WDE

• Like 1

Boom! 3-Star Offensive Tackle Justin Osborne Commits to Auburn!

Auburn lands their 2nd offensive line commit of the 2019 class.

Auburn’s last prep offensive tackle commit came back on June 18th, 2016 when Austin Troxell chose the Tigers over the Tide. Well it was until now. Today, 3* OT Justin Osborne announced he plans on being an Auburn Tiger in 2019.

Osborne took an official visit to the Plains last weekend. There wasn’t a ton of news about how that trip went until Tuesday when Osborne announced he was stepping away from his TCU pledge. Osborne is now Auburn’s 3rd flip of the cycle following Jamond Gordon (Ole Miss) and Jaren Handy (LSU).

Highlights

Scouting Report

According to AuburnUndercover’s Keith Niebuhr, Osborne measured in at 6’4” 300 lbs at Auburn last weekend. More importantly, however, he reportedly had an arm length that measured 35 inches. That means that while Osborne isn’t 6’5”+, he’s plenty long enough to play the offensive tackle spot. He’s light on his feet and isn’t afraid to finish blocks. His ability to get out in space and make a block really stands out. The Tigers often ask their guards and tackles to have to block great defensive athletes in space to setup screens. Like most high school offensive lineman, he will need to improve his footwork at the next level, specifically in pass pro but there’s no denying the fact he possesses the tools to be an SEC starter one day. It will be exciting to watch him develop under JB Grimes’s tutelage over the next 3-4. Osborne could also slide inside if needed.

The Class

It's been a busy weekend for the Tigers. First landing a commitment yesterday from Jashawn Sheffield. Then this morning losing Cordale Flott to LSU. Now Auburn finishes things off on a positive note with Osborne's commitment. Never a dull moment on the recruiting trail.

I really like where Auburn sits as we approach July and there are still some major fish to be caught.

• Thanks 1

Agree. I really like his athleticism in space. Seems like a long-armed dude too. He’s a true OT which potential. We don’t need a starter in 2019. We need true tackles learning their craft and growing into the position. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I am proud to say I am recommitting to Auburn University!! WAR EAGLE!

I can tell I haven’t been paying attention to recruiting by the fact that I didn’t know he once committed to us before...

By the time we kickoff we might not have that many spots left. We're on a roll.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

By the time we kickoff we might not have that many spots left. We're on a roll.

We'll still have 7 or 8 spots left IMO. A bit more than not many.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I can tell I haven’t been paying attention to recruiting by the fact that I didn’t know he once committed to us before...

His definition of recommit was committing a 2nd time, not necessarily to the same school.

I love it, ?! What a weekend!

• Like 1

I think he has a mean streak that JB is looking for. JB will coach him up just fine and will have him holding his own with just about every SEC DL he will oppose in the future. I see Flott left for corndog city. Osborne is a better get than Flott any day of the week. Welcome aboard Mr. Osborne and do not let the orange and blue door hit you in the rear end Mr. Flott on your way to corndog land.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 12:38 AM, ellitor said:

I wonder what kind of dog/s Justin Osborne has...

one that loves pancakes!